Makalaster's build log.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Makalaster's build log.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 10:15 Quote
So here's where my new DH bike is slowly going to come together. I'll discuss my parts picks, take lots of pictures, eventually show the finished product coming together, and give ride reports. For those that don't know I've arranged to get one of the first 09' DHRs and 2010 Boxxer WCs. I knew the minute that I saw that frame that I had to have it. The frame will be rocking a Double Barrel. You'll see all the other parts as they come in. It starts today with these beautiful pieces of work. We have an 08' 20th anniversary short cage X.0, an X.0 trigger, and an 11-23t 9sp Dura Ace cassette.

photo

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 10:17 Quote
There is 3 parts.

Yet, I love it already.

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 10:17 Quote
Sound's like it's going to be a pure DH build, on super expensive parts.

I like it, any idea what wheelset?

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 10:19 Quote
oh very nice,any particular reason for the dura ace cassette or is it just for light weight.

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 10:20 Quote
dh-pete wrote:

I keep going back and forth between King and Hope on my hub choice. It's going to be EX823s with CX Ray spokes.

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 10:20 Quote
marquis wrote:
oh very nice,any particular reason for the dura ace cassette or is it just for light weight.

It's EXTREMELY light and shifts faster than anything else out there.

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 10:21 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
dh-pete wrote:

I keep going back and forth between King and Hope on my hub choice. It's going to be EX823s with CX Ray spokes.

Not considering Hadley's Confused

Will you be using the Tubeless feature?

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 10:22 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
Not considering Hadley's Confused

Will you be using the Tubeless feature?

Hadleys are too heavy.

TUBELESS FOR LIFE

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 10:22 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
marquis wrote:

It's EXTREMELY light and shifts faster than anything else out there.

lol i went for ultegra im poor,and what chain are you gonna be using.

edit hadley question answered above.

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 10:23 Quote
I presume you will be going with EXTREMELY sexual parts from the likes of Sunline and Hope Confused

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 10:25 Quote
marquis wrote:
lol i went for ultegra im poor,and what chain are you gonna be using.

and you missed hadley of your wheel choice very nice hubs.

I think I'm gonna use a Shimano CN-7701 chain. Shimano chains and cassettes shift really nice together and I hate hollow pins.

Hadleys are too heavy.

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 10:25 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:

I don't know what it is, but I don't see King as much of an interesting brand. Especially since the hub makes your bike sound like a kids toy.

Hope rock, but if you want to follow with your expensive, light and quality parts theme, I9 could work.

Brake choice?

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 10:26 Quote
Gaz6R4 wrote:
I presume you will be going with EXTREMELY sexual parts from the likes of Sunline and Hope Confused

Nothing but the best baby.

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 10:27 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
Gaz6R4 wrote:

Nothing but the best baby.

Good man Smile

I would go with Hope M6 or Avid Code's, Apparently Stroker Ace's will be making quite a splash too Big Grin

Posted: Sep 17, 2008 at 10:28 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
I don't know what it is, but I don't see King as much of an interesting brand. Especially since the hub makes your bike sound like a kids toy.

Hope rock, but if you want to follow with your expensive, light and quality parts theme, I9 could work.

Brake choice?

I agree. I don't love the feel of King hubs. They annoy me. They are in the ballpark weight wise of the Hopes and have really fast engagement. I keep saying it's going to be Pro 2s but I have reservations.

I don't like aluminum spokes at all so I9 is a no go. If they made their J-Bend hubs in 12x150 I'd use them but they don't.

EDIT: XTR Brakes.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010442
Mobile Version of Website