Report New Bugs here!

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Report New Bugs here!
Posted: May 25, 2023 at 20:45 Quote
The Whistler thread is broken again. Broken record...

Posted: May 25, 2023 at 22:23 Quote
Show your all mountain bikes sucks ass too.

Posted: May 26, 2023 at 9:39 Quote
It isn't getting fixed. Migrate to the new threads.

Again, this issue has been known for over a decade. It wasn't resolved in that timeframe, it won't be this time either.

Posted: May 28, 2023 at 17:23 Quote
Can we get the Whistler thread fixed?

Mod O+
Posted: May 29, 2023 at 10:55 Quote
Can someone message me in detail the issue with the Whistler thread, links examples. I don't know the issue, and don't have the time to investigate.

O+
Posted: May 29, 2023 at 11:05 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Can someone message me in detail the issue with the Whistler thread, links examples. I don't know the issue, and don't have the time to investigate.

Thanks for reaching out. It's the same issue I described on Jan 24th about the "Show Your All Mountain Bike" thread. It's well-described, with screenshots and everything. No response after that initial "please describe the issue" request.

Posted: May 29, 2023 at 11:06 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Show your all mountain bikes sucks ass too.

I'll let them know how you feel about them all in that thread.

Posted: May 29, 2023 at 21:11 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Pinkbike is a huge website. I assume they are making some money. They can't afford to pay someone to work on these types of issues? Someone dedicated to IT.

Posted: May 30, 2023 at 0:07 Quote
When are my 1,492 forum comments going to be restored to the threads they were posted in?

Posted: May 30, 2023 at 4:43 Quote
Nonsmoker wrote:
canadaka wrote:
Pinkbike is a huge website. I assume they are making some money. They can't afford to pay someone to work on these types of issues? Someone dedicated to IT.

This was discussed here (first post on that page).

In terms of the Whistler thread, next time I get a dead link for it, I'll post it here as a proper-ish bug report.

Edit: Here's an example link that is broken (from my notifications)

Posted: May 30, 2023 at 8:10 Quote
It's not an issue of showing proof, much has been posted, the issue has been explained multiple times.

Again, this has been going on for over a decade. PB was not able to resolve it back then and basically said "make a new thread if it happens." Which is why we had the era of BaR threads.

I cannot stress this strongly enough, this issue is not going to be fixed. If you want to complain, please DM the admins directly, or bring up your issues on front page articles. We're currently just harassing someone that isn't really employed for these issues, regardless of how disappointing it is that they don't have staff for this, they don't.

Mod O+
Posted: May 31, 2023 at 15:29 Quote
The forum thread issue should be fixed. It was being caused by a mismatch between the reported replycount on a thread and the actual number of replies, the system wasn't allowing a new page to be added when on some threads at certain times there should be.

The counts get out of sync probably due to the many ways users can be banned or deactivated and their content deleted or hidden. Rather than the large last of finding that leak, I am doing a quick check for what the replycount should be, and if different than what it should, I re-sync right then. It ads an extra 1-2 queries per thread pageload, but doesn't seem to affect performance, they are fast queries.

I am also running a batch script to recalculate ALL forum thread reply counts, might take an hour to finish.

This also fixes the "last post" link issues.

Posted: May 31, 2023 at 16:13 Quote
canadaka wrote:
The forum thread issue should be fixed. It was being caused by a mismatch between the reported replycount on a thread and the actual number of replies, the system wasn't allowing a new page to be added when on some threads at certain times there should be.

The counts get out of sync probably due to the many ways users can be banned or deactivated and their content deleted or hidden. Rather than the large last of finding that leak, I am doing a quick check for what the replycount should be, and if different than what it should, I re-sync right then. It ads an extra 1-2 queries per thread pageload, but doesn't seem to affect performance, they are fast queries.

I am also running a batch script to recalculate ALL forum thread reply counts, might take an hour to finish.

This also fixes the "last post" link issues.

Thanks for the update and technical breakdown of the issue, it was arguably one of the most visible bugs on the site, so it's good that it's fixed now!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015582
Mobile Version of Website