RecklessInsanity wrote:
rohan- wrote:
does anyone know how the 09 lucky will look?>

its white
any pics?

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 19:07 Quote
mtb action did a review didnt read it but you should read it

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
yeah, there aren't any pics of it by itself. khs also has a slopestyle bike out now which is based off the lucky 7 just with 5 inches of travel front and rear (or so the guys at my shop say) its called the velvet. also judging by the alite team bike, looks like khs is stepping it up a little cause it looks pretty kick ass for an xc race bike.

i didn't really read the article, but judging by the pics, spec wise, the bikes are the same, but they were given one hell of a paint job

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 20:26 Quote
i would have to go with the stinky. The Lucky i heavy as hell and you need to be able to cross-train, ride up also.

be a man, be stinky XD

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 20:31 Quote
unknown8088928 wrote:
i would have to go with the stinky. The Lucky i heavy as hell and you need to be able to cross-train, ride up also.

be a man, be stinky XD

a biased opinion though. everyone has a stinky. lots of people have broken a stinky. i'd rather be different. only reason why i have my khs. plus it has a better rear suspension setup. weight isn't that much of an issue anyway. always can upgrade to lighter parts

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 20:48 Quote
to help with the decision, earlier today (well yesterday as it is now 12:01 am) i read an article on the lucky 7. they pretty much took it for a test ride. main points are, best bike for the price, very stiff rear suspension thanks to the fsr linkage, plush front end, very responsive, quick acceleration, reliable stopping power. the only problem were the grips because they weren't lockons. an extra 20 bucks can solve that problem. with a review like that, i'd go with the lucky 7 in a heartbeat. i've already seen the horrors of kona (not a kona hater by any means just don't have much faith in them)

in conclusion, for a bike thats worth your money, go with the lucky 7

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 15:47 Quote
does anyone know how much the Lucky 7 weighs stock?

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 16:41 Quote
gooieshred wrote:
does anyone know how much the Lucky 7 weighs stock?
40lbs

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 20:44 Quote
RecklessInsanity wrote:
unknown8088928 wrote:

be a man, be stinky XD

a biased opinion though. everyone has a stinky. lots of people have broken a stinky. i'd rather be different. only reason why i have my khs. plus it has a better rear suspension setup. weight isn't that much of an issue anyway. always can upgrade to lighter parts

Yea your wright i grew up on kona bikes so i always liked them. KHS is cool also

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 21:20 Quote
unknown8088928 wrote:
RecklessInsanity wrote:
unknown8088928 wrote:

be a man, be stinky XD

Yea your wright i grew up on kona bikes so i always liked them. KHS is cool also

well that seems reasonable. but your young and you'll go through a diverse selection of bikes. just keep an open mind though

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 12:56 Quote
gooieshred wrote:
I am looking for a light DH bike and i am wondering witch bike would be better the 2009 Stinky or the 2009 KHS Lucky 7?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA lol
Your the kid who said he had a lucky 7 in the "Post you khs" thread!
LMAO

Wow... kids these days. Why do you even have to lie...

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 13:04 Quote
RecklessInsanity wrote:
yeah, there aren't any pics of it by itself. khs also has a slopestyle bike out now which is based off the lucky 7 just with 5 inches of travel front and rear (or so the guys at my shop say) its called the velvet. also judging by the alite team bike, looks like khs is stepping it up a little cause it looks pretty kick ass for an xc race bike.

i didn't really read the article, but judging by the pics, spec wise, the bikes are the same, but they were given one hell of a paint job

Pics in the november/december issue of Decline mag! Its funny because the Lucky 7, the velvet and the XTC frames all look the same!

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 13:16 Quote
konas blow!, KHS lucky 7 is such a nice bike if you have that option of getting it, do it! konas are cheap pieces of shit.

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 at 14:55 Quote
levigardiner wrote:
konas blow!, KHS lucky 7 is such a nice bike if you have that option of getting it, do it! konas are cheap pieces of shit.

+1. khs is such an under rated brand but its such an amazing company

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.035793
Mobile Version of Website