Marzocchi bomber DJ 1 DJ 2 DJ3

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Marzocchi bomber DJ 1 DJ 2 DJ3
Posted: Apr 24, 2017 at 6:58 Quote
whyte-rider wrote:
Droptix wrote:
whyte-rider wrote:
I've just picked up a 2009 Absolut ChMo bike with Bomber DJ 2's.

Forks felt very stiff when I got it, checked the air pressure today to find that it's at pretty much 0 PSI. If I put 10 PSI in using my shock pump, it pretty much locks the forks out.

Can this be fixed?
it can be fixed but at the price it costs to fix it, might as well get another fork

Where's the fault, with the air spring? Could I pick up a 2nd hand one?
it could be a number of things, all of them needing a service and replacement parts which are not made anymore. But, yes, you could easily find a good second hand fork in the buy/sell. Hell, you could probably get a pretty good DJ1 under 200$ In there Wink

Posted: Jun 12, 2017 at 23:20 Quote
whyte-rider wrote:
Droptix wrote:
whyte-rider wrote:
I've just picked up a 2009 Absolut ChMo bike with Bomber DJ 2's.

Forks felt very stiff when I got it, checked the air pressure today to find that it's at pretty much 0 PSI. If I put 10 PSI in using my shock pump, it pretty much locks the forks out.

Can this be fixed?
it can be fixed but at the price it costs to fix it, might as well get another fork

Where's the fault, with the air spring? Could I pick up a 2nd hand one?

Sounds to me like the rebound cartridge is locked out, pretty common problem, easy to fix, I just did it on mine. There are youtube videos with details. You'll need a drill with 1.5mm bit, centre punch or phillips screw driver, socket set, rule and 7.5wt fork oil. You basically drill 4 holes in the cartridge to firstly release lock pressure and then convert it to open bath et voila, fork is fully functioning

Posted: Mar 19, 2024 at 21:25 Quote
Can anyone help me figure out the year for these DJ2? I need to find out how much oil to add because im doing a service. Im thinking they are either 2008 or 2012 but not sure.
photo
I have included some pics of the internals and the rebound knob as it may be different year to year.
photo

Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 9:12 Quote
2012 has thicker arch. Looks like 2007/8, but check the stamp on lowers. If I remember it correctly, stamp is on lower part of lowers (near axle), on the back side (towards rider). If stamp says 07, it is model 2008 (they are produced 1 year before the actual model year)

Posted: Mar 20, 2024 at 20:29 Quote
kona-n wrote:
2012 has thicker arch. Looks like 2007/8, but check the stamp on lowers. If I remember it correctly, stamp is on lower part of lowers (near axle), on the back side (towards rider). If stamp says 07, it is model 2008 (they are produced 1 year before the actual model year)

Thanks Kona-n, looks like it is an 09....as 08 is casted into the lower leg.

My research suggests its 205cc in the right and 10R in the left (but what is10R???)

https://mtbhowto.com/oil-volume-marzocchi-dirt-jumper-2-dj2-2009/

https://marzocchiworkshop.blogspot.com/p/oil-quantitys-and-levels_858.html

Posted: Mar 21, 2024 at 15:18 Quote
it's just additional info that it is for R cartridge (otherwise in tables I see there are also mentions of rc3, tst, ata).
This 10ml of oil are purely for lubrication and corrosion prevention. A bit more than 10ml won't hurt.

I find it interesting that your rebound cartridge is still working, as my dj1 from '09 had problems after 1 year of usage. I had the same rebound cartridge as those made by Suntour in 2008 model years. After conversion to open bath, fork worked perfectly. On the other hand, I had different rebound knob, so it might be your cartridge is newer version.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012562
Mobile Version of Website