Long travel hardtail?

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Long travel hardtail?
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 7:39 Quote
cruelty-and-the-beast wrote:
Single SPeed bro...Beer

The thing is i still need to be able to ride the bike comfortably on the street, there are alot of hills where I live and i have to go up one everything I go out (I live at the bottom of a hill) so I just need the flexibility of a 9speed. its still pretty lightweight too. If this was a specific resort bike then I would have probaly made it single speed with a nice gear ratio on it.

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 7:52 Quote
My Ns Surge

photo

Posted: Jan 7, 2009 at 11:01 Quote
freeridermatt wrote:
hallroder wrote:
here's mine on a reli low budget build but reli want 20mm thru forks but need 2 buy a new car first
photo

Looks sweet, ride well?

it rides really well just hasn't been the weather recently really

Posted: Jan 10, 2009 at 14:03 Quote
look at mine
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2842384/

Posted: Jan 10, 2009 at 14:05 Quote
vazpinto wrote:
look at mine
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2842384/
<Photo does not exist: 2842384>

Posted: Jan 10, 2009 at 14:05 Quote
Before.
photo

After.
photo

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 at 11:04 Quote
cruelty-and-the-beast wrote:
Before.
photo

After.
photo

Nice, totems are they 180?

Posted: Jan 12, 2009 at 16:14 Quote
Indeedy-do. 180mm of plushness.

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 at 12:30 Quote
My new bike

photo

photo

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 14:19 Quote
i know its not really in the topic but .. does anyone know how much travel you can put on an 09 wolverine
photo

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
techniclly, you can put on as much as you want... people are always saying " dont put dual crowns on a hardtail, it looks like crap and wont be able to handle it.." I have a decently ood friend who went to sport check ( cant remember the US version, lol) and bought a "columbia" bike (some crappy 200 doller hardtail) and put like 1800 into it, because he wanted to prove that even a hardtail, and a "crappy" one at that, could handle DC's. He stuck an 07 boxxer WC on it and hes been riding it for like.. well, 2 years now, lol.. still hasnt broke and its not even a "hawt item" like most of the kids pn here like..

So, short and simple.. probably over 160-170 MM is voiding your warrenty, but its worth a shot if you actually want to have more fun with your wolverine... warrentys are voided by nearly everything (like with my friends commencal, its said if you change ONE part, your warrentys gone) so its never stoped my friend with the columbia, commie, or myself, so go have fun!

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 16:24 Quote
b8urban wrote:
techniclly, you can put on as much as you want... people are always saying " dont put dual crowns on a hardtail, it looks like crap and wont be able to handle it.." I have a decently ood friend who went to sport check ( cant remember the US version, lol) and bought a "columbia" bike (some crappy 200 doller hardtail) and put like 1800 into it, because he wanted to prove that even a hardtail, and a "crappy" one at that, could handle DC's. He stuck an 07 boxxer WC on it and hes been riding it for like.. well, 2 years now, lol.. still hasnt broke and its not even a "hawt item" like most of the kids pn here like..

So, short and simple.. probably over 160-170 MM is voiding your warrenty, but its worth a shot if you actually want to have more fun with your wolverine... warrentys are voided by nearly everything (like with my friends commencal, its said if you change ONE part, your warrentys gone) so its never stoped my friend with the columbia, commie, or myself, so go have fun!

+1... Its just question of not over abusing your bike.

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 18:07 Quote
b8urban wrote:

thanks bud

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 19:31 Quote
The limit on hardtails is usually around 120mm or 130. Don't risk your health or your life by running the wrong frame. It's not worth it.

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 19:32 Quote
But then again, you're here for a good time, not a long time right? No one lives forever.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023906
Mobile Version of Website