Long travel hardtail?

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Long travel hardtail?
O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 19:37 Quote
jcc1015 wrote:
But then again, you're here for a good time, not a long time right? No one lives forever.

No one lives forever, but that doesn't prevent me from trying to live as long as I can . . .

I'd say it's worth dealing out $100 more for a real frame. It's not like it won't be as much fun to ride . . .

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 19:44 Quote
Some people have to just deal with what they have. To each his own though.

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 20:18 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
jcc1015 wrote:
But then again, you're here for a good time, not a long time right? No one lives forever.

No one lives forever, but that doesn't prevent me from trying to live as long as I can . . .

I'd say it's worth dealing out $100 more for a real frame. It's not like it won't be as much fun to ride . . .

if I could have dished out another 300 dollers on a "trendy" blk Mrkt, dobermann ( in some cases) or somthing along those lines, i would have... Its not all about having an expensive bike.. Im have more fun with the bike I built for 850 dollers, then the one that I put 2000 into, due to repirs... its all about what you wantto ride, and if you have saved up for the part, and the bike, or got it as a gift, (at least this is in MY case) then the bike that i get, is all i need to have fun with... I may not know ANY tricks, I cant hop high, I cant manual, spin, or anything like that... but does that mean that I am going to sacrifice not having fun?? of course not. After all the injuries I have had, i would Much rather go around and try to be flowy, over learning tricks ANY day... in my personal opinon, its more fun that way, because you might be able to backflip, but if you dont have flow, who says you can do more then one in a row..

After a 3 month, or somthing absence from this site, and ALOT of revising, I only decided to come back for 2 reasons... To help other users, and to keep my bike updated.

So, let the kid do what he pleases, if He is going to have fun with the choice he makes ( i think you should put a domain u turn, or MAYBE a 66 on it) then let him be.

Thats my 2-cents 2 cents

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 20:38 Quote
You're a nut.

I don't care if the frame is nice or not, I just know that a frame that can handle more travel (without breaking and killing you) is worth paying more for.

I don't care about all of your skill/fun/expense stuff. I don't want this kid to break his face when the head tube snaps.

Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 20:43 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
You're a nut.

I don't care if the frame is nice or not, I just know that a frame that can handle more travel (without breaking and killing you) is worth paying more for.

I don't care about all of your skill/fun/expense stuff. I don't want this kid to break his face when the head tube snaps.

look inoto some of the pictures on this site, with wolverines, maniks, etc, with 66's on them, totems, and send a message to them asking how they workd for the rider... opinion dosent prevail over know fact, everyone presumes that as soon a you put a larger fork on a bike that seemingly cannot handle it, it will break... I have seen more fullys with large forks ( ie the dumb idea of having a stinky come with a 888, instead of a 66.. or somthing shorter) snapping... Wolverines, and Maniks share almost identical qualities, just lower end components..

if you want I can go into alot further depth on the actual reasons for a frame snapping due to too much travel, like the misuse of suspension set up, and the abuse instead of care that you use it for.. if a 150 doller frame can hold a boxxer, so can his wolverine.

as said, if you want a more detailed reason, or reasons, let me nkow, and i will let you know.

O+
Posted: Jan 28, 2009 at 20:45 Quote
I don't care. I don't advise people to do dangerous things. It's irresponsible.

I hope to god that you never have children.

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 7:52 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:

I agree with you, no point killing your self buy putting too much stress on a frame thats not set up then snaps.

Posted: Jan 29, 2009 at 14:00 Quote
webber123 wrote:
Hombre3000 wrote:

I agree with you, no point killing your self buy putting too much stress on a frame thats not set up then snaps.

also when u put huge forks on the front that the frame wasn't made 4 it make's it unstable i hade a p.2 i put 150 up front and it just didn't handle well had to always lean over the front cornering to keep it on the ground stick to what the manfactures guidlines you have so much more fun cos the bike is so much better to ride

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
cruelty-and-the-beast wrote:
Before.
photo

After.
photo

wow, never realised that the totems's stancions were that thick, nice biek as well

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
mongoose-rider wrote:
Before.
photo

After.
photo

wow, never realised that the totems's stancions were that thick, nice biek as well

I think you mean big. Yeah their 40 mm... The biggest single crown out there.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 14:49 Quote
Yeh it looks good on there, will look better once i get that mtching rear rim on there next week Beer

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 14:51 Quote
Yeh it looks good on there, will look better once i get that mtching rear rim on there next week Beer

Whats the front rim? Well the whole front wheel set up?

Also, how much you paid? I'm looking a new rims, well wheelset.

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 14:52 Quote
it would look better with gears on it instead of ss, but if it wirls for you as it is its ok lol, but i wouldve also change the seat looks to chunky to me, but herd ppl have chunky seat for seat pinching or whatever so personal preference:P
but rlly nice,wish i had a bike like that

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 14:54 Quote
Im gettin a full Transition wheel set hubs n all... front rim i got a deal on 180 complete...rear one is beaing built but i had to order all the parts seperately and its costin around 400 so far, with the transition SS hub...the seat isnt chunky at all its nice to throw against the inside of my leg or knee...

Transition Revolution 36's.. hard to find new unless you get a good pair used...apparantly they dont make the 36's anymore.

Posted: Feb 16, 2009 at 11:42 Quote
photo

photo

my bike updated with 05 66vf forks and fireeye excelerant disc rims with DMR Revolver Front Disc 20mmthru hub

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017160
Mobile Version of Website