A dedicated thread to show off your specialized

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
A dedicated thread to show off your specialized
Posted: Jun 25, 2021 at 10:49 Quote
Bought a 2021 Epic Evo when they first arrived late 2020 they were still priced at $3200.
Stripped down to the frame and removed the shimano and rockshox bits and added my own spin to the SWORKS version at a lower cost.

X01 AXS groupset
XX1 cassette
XX1 chain
SWORKS Bar
SWORKS stem
PNW grips
Roval Control Carbon wheelset
Ground Control T7 tires
FastTrack tires
SRAM G2 RSC brakes
SRAM centerline rotors
Rotor BSA 30 bottom bracket
ROTOR INPower power meter with 32T oval chainring 175mm
FOX Factory 34 120mm fork
FOX Factory 190x42 shock (a little more travel than the 190x40)
FOX Factory dropper

Posted: Jun 30, 2021 at 9:42 Quote
2021 Specialized Status

170mm Z1 coil conversion
DHX2
GX 165mm Crankset, derailleur and shifter
Title AH1 38mm Bars, Title 35mm stem and Title JS1 Saddle
Code RSC brakes
Brendog Vaults
Ergon GE1 Evo
VHS slapper tape
Assegai DD 2.5 Front
DHRII 2.4 DD Rear

Started off stock then upgraded to make it more of a park bike

Posted: Sep 5, 2021 at 10:49 Quote
Here is my Status Build
S3 Frame with Fox DPX2
RockShox Lyrik Ulitmate
Front Wheel: Roval (from a Enduro Comp)
Rear Wheel: Pacho with Pancho Hub
Shimano Zees with 203mm Hope Rotors
Sram GX/NX Drivetrain
DMR Vault Flatpedals
Raceface sixc 800mm
Raceface Atlas Stem 35mm

Posted: Sep 8, 2021 at 19:21 Quote
RockCrawler wrote:
Here is my Status Build
S3 Frame with Fox DPX2
RockShox Lyrik Ulitmate
Sram GX/NX Drivetrain
DMR Vault Flatpedals
Raceface sixc 800mm
Raceface Atlas Stem 35mm

LOVE IT! Great bike, great build. Like the custom color spacers, I put orange ones on mine. It's those little extras that make the bike look like you really care, like my orange rotor bolts too. It's close enough to a Stumpjumper that it Aaaay-O-K in my book! Hey I'd love to take a ride on that thing!

~JSV

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 22:30 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
RockCrawler wrote:
Here is my Status Build
S3 Frame with Fox DPX2
RockShox Lyrik Ulitmate
Sram GX/NX Drivetrain
DMR Vault Flatpedals
Raceface sixc 800mm
Raceface Atlas Stem 35mm

LOVE IT! Great bike, great build. Like the custom color spacers, I put orange ones on mine. It's those little extras that make the bike look like you really care, like my orange rotor bolts too. It's close enough to a Stumpjumper that it Aaaay-O-K in my book! Hey I'd love to take a ride on that thing!

~JSV

Thanks, you cant see it on this Pic but I also changed my Rotor Bolts to Blue Ones (from Hope since my next Upgrade are gone be Hope Breaks)

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 22:58 Quote
RockCrawler wrote:
Thanks, you cant see it on this Pic but I also changed my Rotor Bolts to Blue Ones (from Hope since my next Upgrade are gone be Hope Breaks)

Color matching ROTOR BOLTS? I'm there with ya'!
On my snack and water break during the first REALLY hot trail ride this season. A view of the lake from the rotors point of view. Had riding plans w a friend and something came up he couldn t make it so as a consolation prize I went up to the Fells again myself.

~JSV

Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 8:56 Quote
My new to Me status 160!

Only changed a few things and it will most likely stay that way until I break something

Spank Riser bars
Shorter stem
ODI grips
Maxxis tires

Everything else is stock and i love it

Posted: Apr 24, 2022 at 6:56 Quote
Here's my Stumpjumper. This one actually started life as a ST, but I got a shorter shock yoke/longer shock to get the travel up. Cascade link and a Bomber CR with Cane Creek progressive spring plus a 9point8 Slack-R round out the less conventional touches. Currently have a 150mm spring in the Lyrik, but will see how long I can go with it before the BB gets too high come bike park season. Overall really loving the balance of versatility and capability this suspension setup is giving.

Other stuff: SLX levers and MT520 calipers are hard to beat for the price. Running 11sp Shimano drivetrain, currently with an XT shifter, 11-50 Sunrace cassette, and Deore derailleur that can handle the range which kinda sucks; next up will be a Garbaruk cassette and cage adapter for an 11sp SLX derailleur that's in the parts bin. Stem, seat collar and cranks are all from Engin, made here in Philly.

Posted: Apr 24, 2022 at 8:03 Quote
Great lookin' Stumpy tup
Did the CC link improve the coil shock response, or did you have the cascade before you installed a coil?

~JSV

Posted: Apr 24, 2022 at 10:37 Quote
Thanks!

Between this bike and a stumpy evo I used to have, I've ran it air and coil both with and without the Cascade link at various stroke lengths, with linear and progressive coils. It brings the platform's kinematics up snuff for a bike that wants to get pushed, for me it was enough to keep at bay the itch to go after a new alloy evo, as awesome as that bike sounds. Makes it easy to love the one you're with in these times of high prices and low availability, which is very cool.

I'd recommend it with both air and coil, and for me I wouldn't consider running a coil without it even with a progressive spring. With an air shock it makes it way easier to run enough pressure to avoid heavy bottom outs without losing all it's sensitivity, just as marketed. Running coil the effect is similar, making it much easier to find a spring rate that successfully manages that balance of feel vs. bottom out resistance.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 9:05 Quote
My Covid project Smile

Bought for 200 EUR but totaly trashed.
I was able to reuse frame, suspension, handlebar & stem.
All bearings (FSR & headset] renewed, new drivetrain, 2 sets of wheels & tires
Frame is powdercoated (velvacoat roarange)

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp EVO (MY 2012)

Wheels
Set 1 DT Swiss EX 471 & Fun Works 4Way DLX hubs with Maxxis Holy rollers
Set 2 DT Swiss XR 1501 Spline One with Continental X-king
+ Hope front spare

Suspension:
Front: Fox 32 talas performance FIT RL 150
Rear: Cane Creek DB Coil IL with yoke & Fox RP2 (190x51mm)

Drivetrain
SRAM GX Eagle shifter & derailleur
SRAM DUB PF30 MTB Bottom Bracket
SRAM GX Eagle cranks (175mm)

Rest
FSA headset
SLX BR-M7120
e-thirteen LG1+ chain guard
Nukeproof Warhead handlebar with Macaskill Lizard Skins grips
VP Components Flat Pedals
Brand-X Ascend XL-01 Dropper (170mm – 30.9mm) with SDG Duster MTN Ti-Alloy Saddle

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 0:43 Quote
Holy sh*t! Monster bike, and you just posted that killer Nomad in the SC thread. Damn you been busy! LOL

GX drivetrain parts work great for the money. I was going to upgrade on my Stumpy, but haven't had ANY issues w/the GX. Shifts perfect, never adjust it. Fine for me until it wears out. Gets along great w/a KMC Ti N chain too.

Love the Spesh'!

~JSV

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 3:24 Quote
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:
Holy sh*t! Monster bike, and you just posted that killer Nomad in the SC thread. Damn you been busy! LOL

GX drivetrain parts work great for the money. I was going to upgrade on my Stumpy, but haven't had ANY issues w/the GX. Shifts perfect, never adjust it. Fine for me until it wears out. Gets along great w/a KMC Ti N chain too.

Love the Spesh'!

~JSV

Thank you Sir...it was a great project to stay busy Smile
My friends declared me insane dropping 2K in a 26" but now it's finished and they took it for a spin...they all love it.
26" is so nimble & poppy and couldn't imagine a new 2K bike coming close in specs,let alone find stock during covid times.

She is a keeper Wink

Posted: May 26, 2022 at 8:20 Quote
SuckOutKing wrote:
ScaryGuiTarS wrote:

Love the Spesh'!

~JSV

Thank you Sir...it was a great project to stay busy Smile
My friends declared me insane dropping 2K in a 26" but now it's finished and they took it for a spin...they all love it.
26" is so nimble & poppy and couldn't imagine a new 2K bike coming close in specs,let alone find stock during covid times.

She is a keeper Wink

I could imagine it's a great bike! I still have an older 26 Rockhopper as my emergency backup bike, and that thing feels like I can throw it around at will, like it's nothing. I do see why many experienced riders STILL love their 26's. There definitely is a place for them and there was nothing wrong with them ALL THOSE YEARS we all rode them and enjoyed them.

Nice job on the Spesh tup

~JSV

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 11:02 Quote
New Stumpjumper Carbon frame, size S3. X01 AXS, Reverb AXS 170mm, E.13 bar/stem/cranks/ring/BB/tires, G2 RSC/Ultimate, Reserve 30 rims on Tune hubs. 29 lbs ish.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012479
Mobile Version of Website