Is the STINKY a good bike to use for trails around town which include a little climbing and a little Diablo like riding OR shoul

PB Forum :: Downhill
Is the STINKY a good bike to use for trails around town which include a little climbing and a little Diablo like riding OR shoul
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:03 Quote
Heres the deal, should a get a stinky and lose out when it comes to the, lets say 5 trips down to diablo next year or buy a DH bike and have to pedal alot harder for the rest of the time at home? thx

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:05 Quote
...stinkys pedal like shit

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:09 Quote
CTfreerider6 wrote:
Heres the deal, should a get a stinky and lose out when it comes to the, lets say 5 trips down to diablo next year or buy a DH bike and have to pedal alot harder for the rest of the time at home? thx

imho, im not sure stinky's are good for anything

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:11 Quote
diablo is a freeride park primarily though, so a bike similiar to the stinky would be well suited. However they arent the best bikes for the price range for durability, handling,wieght, well everything really. they also have a shit resale value as im finding out the hard way

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:12 Quote
imho, im not sure stinky's are good for anything[/Quote]

took the words out of my mouth

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:15 Quote
DHbiker225 wrote:
CTfreerider6 wrote:

imho, im not sure stinky's are good for anything
agreed. im still trying to figure out why i bought one anyway. good thing i sold that. lol

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:17 Quote
im just trying to figure out why the title is so rediculously long... Confused

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:17 Quote
Stinkys are terrible for pedaling, and there are many better options for climbing, handling, wieght and durablity, take a reign, for example. The bike will handle much better than a stinky ever will, it is much more durable, and will climb like a hardtail compared to a sluggish stinky.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:21 Quote
this years stinky climbs fine...... if you are a man.
its so annoying when people think they need a mountain bike that goes up hills like a motorbike

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
stinkyrider17 wrote:
this years stinky climbs fine...... if you are a man.
its so annoying when people think they need a mountain bike that goes up hills like a motorbike

lol a stinky climbing finelol they havent changed anything in the linkage n marz suspension although great arent good enough to correct the stinkys problems.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:29 Quote
yes, the rake of the rear shock has been changed.
The guy obviously wants a stinky. If you read what the questions was.
I would go with buying a stinky for the sake of your local trails and put up with it for the park.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:31 Quote
stinkyrider17 wrote:
I would go with buying a stinky for the sake of your local trails and put up with it for the park.

i think he wants advice, not a stinky

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:31 Quote
he only wants a stinky because he hasnt see the better options. ive ridden the 08 version n it rides just as bad as my 06. the point is that for the money he could d much better, its not about what he wants its about helping this guy make a desicsion, n my opinion like everyother experinced rider is to go with a different bike.

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:32 Quote
DHbiker225 wrote:
stinkyrider17 wrote:

i think he wants advice, not a stinky

man you read my mind.... your not watching are you?

Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 17:32 Quote
get something from the giant reign series. stinky's are a little shitty looking and apparently ride like crap.

giant reign reign reign reign. those would handle xc, trails, downhill, anything. pretty as f*ck too, and not to mention theyre moderately cheap

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008471
Mobile Version of Website