Official lucky-7 discussion thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
Official lucky-7 discussion thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
hey guys buying a khs lucky 7 thought and discuss about it and what could be better or not etc

Posted: Sep 23, 2008 at 20:27 Quote
First of all dont buy a KHS.
Krappy
Heap of
Shit

Theres alot better bikes out there try looking around more.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 4:20 Quote
re4ei4 wrote:
Krappy
Heap of
Shit

WOW!!! I bet you've never even tried one. I also bet that you state your opinion on what you heard other people say. You cant say something bad about something else if you'va never actualy tried it or had a bad experience with the product.

I have a khs lucky 7. I owns pretty bad! Never had any trouble with it what so ever. I brought it in once for a tune up since I got it in June and it was just to ajust the derailler.

I fell so many times while doing downhill, its not even funny. Still, everything on my bike is in one peace and works great! I love my marzocchi 66's!

The Fox vanilla at the back works pretty good also. People will say "the vanilla is shit" but thats not entirely true. It is actualy a very good shock. Although Id love to have a DHX 5.0 (for more smoothness in the back).

All in all, the lucky 7 is a solid build! It wont break anytime soon (unless it "falls" down a 60 foot cliff) lol.

Also, people complain about the brakes. Stoker trails. They are fabulous. A brake cant be bad (unless they are hayes 9's). If someone has trouble with their brakes its either because they need to be bleeded, the bads are worn out or they didnt ajust them right.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 6:52 Quote
lucky-7 wrote:
re4ei4 wrote:
Krappy
Heap of
Shit

WOW!!! I bet you've never even tried one. I also bet that you state your opinion on what you heard other people say. You cant say something bad about something else if you'va never actualy tried it or had a bad experience with the product.

I have a khs lucky 7. I owns pretty bad! Never had any trouble with it what so ever. I brought it in once for a tune up since I got it in June and it was just to ajust the derailler.

I fell so many times while doing downhill, its not even funny. Still, everything on my bike is in one peace and works great! I love my marzocchi 66's!

The Fox vanilla at the back works pretty good also. People will say "the vanilla is shit" but thats not entirely true. It is actualy a very good shock. Although Id love to have a DHX 5.0 (for more smoothness in the back).

All in all, the lucky 7 is a solid build! It wont break anytime soon (unless it "falls" down a 60 foot cliff) lol.

Also, people complain about the brakes. Stoker trails. They are fabulous. A brake cant be bad (unless they are hayes 9's). If someone has trouble with their brakes its either because they need to be bleeded, the bads are worn out or they didnt ajust them right.

Your absolutely right. I thought the 7 was a completely different bike my bad. I still dont know about khs though That justs scares me away from buying one. How much do they sell for anyway?

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 11:33 Quote
re4ei4 wrote:
lucky-7 wrote:
re4ei4 wrote:
Krappy
Heap of
Shit

Your absolutely right. I thought the 7 was a completely different bike my bad. I still dont know about khs though That justs scares me away from buying one. How much do they sell for anyway?
2500 new and about 1600 used

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 13:39 Quote
chrischriskris wrote:
re4ei4 wrote:
lucky-7 wrote:

2500 new and about 1600 used

Nope. I got mine for 2150$ + taxes.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 14:27 Quote
cool but if i do get a new bike which probably wont happen any time soon. i was thinking of the Khyber.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 14:29 Quote
re4ei4 wrote:
cool but if i do get a new bike which probably wont happen any time soon. i was thinking of the Khyber.
This is the lucky 7 discussion thread. Lets stay on topic please.

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 19:23 Quote
i heard that there is some faults with the frame...like the seat tube hits the rear shock or somthing

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 5:28 Quote
bougs wrote:
i heard that there is some faults with the frame...like the seat tube hits the rear shock or somthing

Uhm.. never happened to me.
How could the seat tube hit the frame anywaise?
The shock is placed horizontaly and the seat tube its placed verticaly.
They kinda form a 90 degree angle.
I dont see how it could hit it.
Where did you hear this?

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 6:47 Quote
lucky-7 wrote:
bougs wrote:

Where did you hear this?

i was talking to someone i forget who that said something in the rear end of the bike smashes against somthing else when the rear is bottomed

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 8:07 Quote
bougs wrote:
lucky-7 wrote:
bougs wrote:

Where did you hear this?

i was talking to someone i forget who that said something in the rear end of the bike smashes against something else when the rear is bottomed

I had heard that the tire is likely to hit the seat (if its at its lowest) when bottoming out the rear shock, but after talking to the bike shop and tryining different thing, I found that it was impossible.

The only bike Ive seen something like that happen to, is my friends stinky.

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 8:19 Quote
bougs wrote:
lucky-7 wrote:
bougs wrote:

Where did you hear this?

i was talking to someone i forget who that said something in the rear end of the bike smashes against somthing else when the rear is bottomed

It hits the seat if the seat is to low but after like 10ft to flat lol
now that my shop went out of business i can say that i got mine 1900$ new, first person in ottawa to get it and ive raced on it, went to whistler for a week of non stop gnarly riding and rode hard all year and there was not one single problem with the bike what so ever, how ever i changed the rear shock to a DHX 5.0 but still this bike is a great bike. I actually went down on travel size to this bike and it was the best decision ive ever made

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 8:40 Quote
marangerrmx wrote:
bougs wrote:
lucky-7 wrote:

Where did you hear this?

now that my shop went out of business i can say that i got mine 1900$ new, first person in ottawa to get it and ive raced on it, went to whistler for a week of non
stop gnarly riding and rode hard all year and there was not one single problem with the bike what so ever, how ever i changed the rear shock to a DHX 5.0 but still this bike is a great bike. I actually went down on travel size to this bike and it was the best decision ive ever made

so you reccomnd i should by one??????

Posted: Mar 22, 2009 at 9:57 Quote
bougs wrote:
marangerrmx wrote:
bougs wrote:

now that my shop went out of business i can say that i got mine 1900$ new, first person in ottawa to get it and ive raced on it, went to whistler for a week of non
stop gnarly riding and rode hard all year and there was not one single problem with the bike what so ever, how ever i changed the rear shock to a DHX 5.0 but still this bike is a great bike. I actually went down on travel size to this bike and it was the best decision ive ever made

so you reccomnd i should by one??????

Highly recommend it, mine should of costed about 2600$ tax included but thats because I bought it in 2007 the year before they came out. Its a great bike, put it this way, for under 3000$ you get a sick bike, a 66rv3, hayes strokers, and no problems with anyhing

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009610
Mobile Version of Website