Is shaving brake mounts on my fork worth the work?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Is shaving brake mounts on my fork worth the work?
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 15:54 Quote
Katol wrote:
ridedob wrote:
erik74 wrote:

id have to agree

i agree too.. looks like alot of forks on walmart bikes(v brake)

if your running no front brake and have the mounts, it just look like your poor and dont have any, and it doesnt look v's at all. its custom, it doesnt make sense to keep them (if you know how to take them off) if you will never ride a front brake.

But it also makes the fork look cheap, therefore implying poor-ness.

Its extra work to make it look barely better. Not worth it IMO.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 15:56 Quote
Katol wrote:
ridedob wrote:
erik74 wrote:

id have to agree

if your running no front brake and have the mounts, it just look like your poor and dont have any, and it doesnt look v's at all. its custom, it doesnt make sense to keep them (if you know how to take them off) if you will never ride a front brake.
how does it make u look poor? chances are u have a pretty sick bike, and many people cant afford what we ride. disc mounts probably make u look richer if anything, since u have the option, so u must have paid a decenct amount for the fork.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 15:57 Quote
Katol wrote:
ridedob wrote:
erik74 wrote:

id have to agree

1. there not made to come off u have to destroy the mount.
2.how does it make u look poor? if ic a DJ bike with no front brake i know right away that the person riding it ride's DJ/street/park/freeride and doesnt need that shit

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 15:57 Quote
Flakeh wrote:
Katol wrote:
ridedob wrote:

how does it give it that walmart look, and your fork is based on the performance (thus the price) and doesnt matter what it looks like, but alot of dj'ers/street/park riders seem to like the "custom" look it gives. it doesnt look cheap

SHAVE THEM! tup

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 15:59 Quote
Katol wrote:
Flakeh wrote:
Katol wrote:

how does it give it that walmart look, and your fork is based on the performance (thus the price) and doesnt matter what it looks like, but alot of dj'ers/street/park riders seem to like the "custom" look it gives. it doesnt look cheap

SHAVE THEM! tup

Go to wal-shart, look at the forks on those bikes, then look at shaved forks....awfully similar ain't em?

It ain't custom if everyone has it. Keep em on, start your own trend. lowered non-shaved forks....yeeeeaah....badass.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
Flakeh wrote:
Katol wrote:
Flakeh wrote:

SHAVE THEM! tup

Go to wal-shart, look at the forks on those bikes, then look at shaved forks....awfully similar ain't em?

It ain't custom if everyone has it. Keep em on, start your own trend. lowered non-shaved forks....yeeeeaah....badass.
how about partially shaved mounts? now thats a new trend

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 16:03 Quote
erik74 wrote:
Flakeh wrote:
Katol wrote:

SHAVE THEM! tup

how about partially shaved mounts? now thats a new trend

Just shave the lower tab haha. that shit will be ballin.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 16:03 Quote
im gonna stop the pyramid. dude the forks at walamrt look like crap and they are very thin and ugly, but these forks look beefier and would look better imo with shaved brake mounts. no one will convince the other so im prob gonna unsubscribe after you say your opinion. thanks

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
Nah, Obviously the wy foreward is more Mounts!
For the 'Hedgehog' look.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
Katol wrote:
Flakeh wrote:
Katol wrote:

SHAVE THEM! tup

u hoesntly cant see how it gives it a wal mart look??? walmart bikes without discbrakes have no mounts... SO if I shave my Ballz will it give them a "CUSTOM" look?

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 16:05 Quote
Katol wrote:
im gonna stop the pyramid. dude the forks at walamrt look like crap and they are very thin and ugly, but these forks look beefier and would look better imo with shaved brake mounts. no one will convince the other so im prob gonna unsubscribe after you say your opinion. thanks

Good idea to end the pyramid.

yah, its all up to him, Just IMO is looks corny, yet again I am downhill and my views are skewed.

Your forks, your choice.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
Flakeh wrote:
Katol wrote:

Good idea to end the pyramid.

yah, its all up to him, Just IMO is looks corny, yet again I am downhill and my views are skewed.

Your forks, your choice.
ya, i like front brakes, so im biased too. do what u like bud, just remember, no warranty and horrible resale chances, then u can list the good things

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 16:15 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/Full/15679.jpg
looks pretty dang walmarty

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 16:53 Quote
Philly-bnb wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/Models/Full/15679.jpg
looks pretty dang walmarty

LOL owned.

Posted: Sep 24, 2008 at 17:06 Quote
oryxbike wrote:
well here would be the end result:
photo

looks sick, get your lowers painted while your at it, but are the mounts hollow or fully plastic? it could cause a problem if it was hollow, i though about this a while ago too, but ill never get around to doing it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015543
Mobile Version of Website