Sam Hill's 2009 Demo

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sam Hill's 2009 Demo
Posted: Apr 10, 2009 at 7:06 Quote
bfdrider wrote:
skinna wrote:
from the looks of it those blackbox cranks look like a 2 piece holtzfeller which means it can finally compete in the market for light dh cranks

Yah I'm exited to see how they turn out too!
same here cause i was not impressed with stylos

Posted: Apr 10, 2009 at 14:34 Quote
he is on blackbox still

Posted: Apr 19, 2009 at 15:52 Quote
timlake wrote:

Just to let people know. MOST PEOPLE that run anything Sram on their bikes run something Blackbox, for example, the X.O system is Blackbox, but then when it came out of prototype stages, and got released it was called the X.O instead.

The production X.o derailuers had blackbox written on the carbon cage, well at least mine did and it wasnt anything special

Posted: Apr 19, 2009 at 16:01 Quote
It just shows that it was proto'd through there blackbox program before it was released to you.

It isn't anything special, but when it wasn't released yet and only blackbox riders had them it sure was...

Posted: Apr 20, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
chalky wrote:
timlake wrote:

Just to let people know. MOST PEOPLE that run anything Sram on their bikes run something Blackbox, for example, the X.O system is Blackbox, but then when it came out of prototype stages, and got released it was called the X.O instead.

The production X.o derailuers had blackbox written on the carbon cage, well at least mine did and it wasnt anything special
it means it was torture tested by the best riders on earth. Thats not special? blackbox is an R&D program, anything that goes thru something like that is special IMO.

Posted: Apr 20, 2009 at 14:05 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
chalky wrote:
timlake wrote:

it means it was torture tested by the best riders on earth. Thats not special? blackbox is an R&D program, anything that goes thru something like that is special IMO.

But that's the same with anything, not just blackbox stuff. For example, the Giant riders are riding the new Glory, and putting it through shit in it's prototype stages. It's the same with any product. IMO the blackbox stuff isn't any more special than any other product development programme.

Posted: Apr 20, 2009 at 14:13 Quote
timlake wrote:
FlyingFish wrote:
chalky wrote:

But that's the same with anything, not just blackbox stuff. For example, the Giant riders are riding the new Glory, and putting it through shit in it's prototype stages. It's the same with any product. IMO the blackbox stuff isn't any more special than any other product development programme.

possibly not more special but its just wat Sram call there prototype testin program

Posted: Apr 20, 2009 at 14:20 Quote

sorry if someone has already posted

ut the difference in frame geomatry and components between smah ill's and anormal demo8

Posted: Apr 20, 2009 at 15:34 Quote
i heard his bike is full of cork

Posted: Apr 20, 2009 at 22:19 Quote
mongoose-rider wrote:

ut the difference in frame geomatry and components between smah ill's and anormal demo8

Yes quite a few actually but it might be bias. It would be ideal if you could put them side by side.
however I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't considerably different

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 1:45 Quote
bfdrider wrote:
mongoose-rider wrote:

Yes quite a few actually but it might be bias. It would be ideal if you could put them side by side.
however I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't considerably different

very different,look at the tube above the shock on the demo its flat and longer on sams bike its shorter and angled downwards,the demo also has a shock shuttle sama does not,and last but not least sams seattube angle is slacker,looks as though it curves to as it joins back up with the frame.

only similarity is the demo name.

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 12:07 Quote
jak9ell wrote:
timlake wrote:
FlyingFish wrote:

possibly not more special but its just wat Sram call there prototype testin program
and the glory is special because of this R&D. Sadly i dont think all companies really have the $$$ to do this.

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 12:23 Quote
FlyingFish wrote:
jak9ell wrote:
timlake wrote:

and the glory is special because of this R&D. Sadly i dont think all companies really have the $$$ to do this.

Products from every company get tested through R&D. Companies don't just design a product and release it straight to the public. Whether a company has money or not, things still go through prototype stages, look at straitline, Twenty6, Point1, Hope, Burgtec, all their products spend time with the worlds best riders before they are released. All I'm trying to say is that Blackbox labs is just a fancy name for something that all other companies do on a smaller scale. The thing that is special about Blackbox is actually the stuff the produce, not how they test it.

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 15:09 Quote
timlake wrote:
FlyingFish wrote:
jak9ell wrote:

Companies don't just design a product and release it straight to the public.
are you positive about this? Ive seen things that make me think otherwise, unfortunately i dont really know. Im not saying blackbox is the greAtest thing you could ever put on your bike. But you know they got the $$$ to do it right. a rider owned company most likely doesnt have the same resources available to them that a huge corporation does

Posted: Apr 21, 2009 at 19:52 Quote
Some companies might not have the money to get sam hill and steve peat to use their product but that doesn't mean they don't test it before they release it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018837
Mobile Version of Website