How can you trust buying stuff off ppl on pb?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
How can you trust buying stuff off ppl on pb?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 13:31 Quote
hi all ive seen some forks on pinkbike that i really want ive sent i'll only take cash on delivery and he sent no sorry cash/cheque first then i'll send the forks!

i don't know how i can trust ppl when it cmes to buying stuff off pink bike as this is the first time ive ever tried to buy anything off here!

thanks for the input ppl.

Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 13:34 Quote
Never cash first unless you know them or have a good reason to trust them... I only take bank transfer now when I sell stuff... because it's faster and easier, and thats pretty much like getting the cash first... But, you can tell by my buysell history I have sold a lot of stuff, I know whats I'm talking about and i'm trustworthy... generally, lol.

But, I would never send cash first... don't do it.

But keep in mind, you can even get ripped off doing COD. I have...

Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 13:50 Quote
yeah but cod seems more trustworthy than just sendin a cheque then waitin for the forks to come through the door

tremblay wrote:
Never cash first unless you know them or have a good reason to trust them... I only take bank transfer now when I sell stuff... because it's faster and easier, and thats pretty much like getting the cash first... But, you can tell by my buysell history I have sold a lot of stuff, I know whats I'm talking about and i'm trustworthy... generally, lol.

Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 13:52 Quote
Yes, but what happened to me was..

I had all these BMX parts coming to me, they came in, I paid for them, then I opened the box and they were shitty rusted no name brand parts.

ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS and be certain you know what ur getting and the guy is trustworthy.

Mod
Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 13:52 Quote
There's a few steps you can take. Check the sellers profile...have they been a member of PB for a while (4months+), how many PB friends, have they sold stuff before..contact prev buyers/check feedback. How much general activity on the acc (are they truly a rider)...Ask to speak to them on a land-line phone (not a mobile). If you're happy about going ahead with transaction, insist on using Pay-Pal. Ask them to send you the parcel tracking number as soon as it's been posted and insist it's insured.
At the end of the day if you have any doubts, or something just does't quite feel right, walk away. I've bought and sold a few things on PB and haven't had any problems, but I have seen a fair few dubious ads (which, like all responsible PB users, I reported straight away). Most sellers are genuine and honest, but there are a few sharks out there.
Hope that helps Smile

Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 13:59 Quote
yeah that helps but single crown shivers for £90 is that trustworthy do you reckon?

Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 14:15 Quote
iv bought a few things and Never had a problem. but it would be totaly kick ass if PB put in a system like Ebay, where we can leave feedback and a comment

Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 14:17 Quote
ridedob wrote:
iv bought a few things and Never had a problem. but it would be totaly kick ass if PB put in a system like Ebay, where we can leave feedback and a comment

true that. if that happed people would be buying alot more

Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 14:23 Quote
dont buy from pink bike. reason 1
even if they send u a pic it still could have something majorly wrong
reason 2
they could f*ck you over no matter how you do it

sorry if i sound bitter but i just had my 1200 dirt jumper scammed from this site

Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 14:27 Quote
dhrider1234567 wrote:
reason 2

sorry if i sound bitter but i just had my 1200 dirt jumper scammed from this site

It can happen on any site, even through eBay with all its safeguards.

Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 14:29 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
dhrider1234567 wrote:
reason 2

It can happen on any site, even through eBay with all its safeguards.

defitnely thorugh ebay I know someone who bought a 3500$ XC bike and the person ripped him off sent it in a bike box when my friend opened the box it was a lawn chair lol so ya you can get scammed anywhere even in real life so just be careful

seems to good to be true it probably is!!

Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 14:30 Quote
true but i still feel alitle better buying threw ebay even tho it is not a perfect system

Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 14:30 Quote
tremblay wrote:

how do u get ripped off sellign stuff cod?

Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 14:31 Quote
hockeynut wrote:
tremblay wrote:

They don't come to pick it up and you pay for shipping there and back, with no sale done.

Posted: Sep 25, 2008 at 14:37 Quote
gabor wrote:
hockeynut wrote:
tremblay wrote:

They don't come to pick it up and you pay for shipping there and back, with no sale done.
ya thats not all that bad tho considering what could happen liek sending money to them a cod is way safer then just sendign a cheque

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009514
Mobile Version of Website