how to get sponsored

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
how to get sponsored
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 8:58 Quote
Work really hard and practice as much as you can. It goes much farthar than just being able to ride though.

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 9:48 Quote
kinkos9090 wrote:
manofsteel wrote:
looking-for-a-p2 wrote:
yea im 14 and im looking to get sponsoredin dh and im wondering if its easy or hard can any1 tell me
its hard but if u just want some free stuff u can make a short vid and send it in to the company that makes your bike and you might be able to get a tee shirt , it worked for me
JUST GO AND RIDEMadder Really Mad Very confused Thumbs Down Dead Horse Facepalm Moon Whip Smile Blank Stare Big Grin Confused Cool Cry Eek Evil Frown lol Mad Razz Redface Rolleyes Wink Madder tup tup Moon Cop Cop Cop Fireman Army Construction Construction Cook Cook Cook

I agree, unless you've been riding since a young age, and are an amazaing DH'er, if your 14 and you are already worried about getting sponsored, then you should take a breather and just ride. Just riding to try and get sponsored is not what riding is.

But, go to races..race...get podium, and get your name out there, and your well on your way to a sponsorship Wink

Posted: Mar 23, 2009 at 18:21 Quote
I got sponsored by a local bike shop lasted for about a year, it was shit I had to wear there ugly top at races I only got discounts and most of the other guys on my team I didnt even know !

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 21:52 Quote
Holy sh*t I read the first few comments and I think they're wrong. Here's my 2 cents:

It's not how well you can trick or how fast you are (although that counts). It's about the name you make for yourself. The companies that sponsor us bikers simply want their product to be advertised and associated with something popular, trendy, or cool. Basically, if you have a name made a name for yourself, you can trick fairly well, and you are an enjoyable guy, you will inevitably get sponsored. It's not like this is the NHL. Mountain biking is still fairly small in comparison to other action sports, so if you want to get free sh*t from big companies, just make a name for yourself and get popular.

Posted: Jan 8, 2011 at 22:16 Quote
haha wow i forgot i made this yea prety much over with getting sponcored, it would be cool but il stick with just riding

Posted: Jan 9, 2011 at 21:17 Quote
Dude, just have fun. I was getting free bikes and all that jazz when i was 17, now im 27 and working as a bike mechanic. It was cool, The way to do it was get good enough and well known enough... and then be the coolest looking guy on a bike. Get the cool clothes, the cool parts, the cool shoes. Bike companies want cool people riding their bikes... cause it makes the bike look cool. Just ride for the fun of it. Don't do it because you want a sponsor, people can tell thats what you want and then you don't have the care free additute that makes you the "cool" the companies want their riders to be.
Just remember, being sponsored doesn't mean you are good, and not being sponsored doesn't mean you are bad. I

Posted: Jan 11, 2011 at 15:52 Quote
Basicly team riders are like billboards for companies. There's not a single reason for a company to just give away free stuff or lower their prices. Their company is their job same they need that to be able to buy themselves bread, drinks and pay the rents etc. Would anyone who has another job just give away half his hard earned money to people who did't do anything for it? No.
As harsh as it sounds team riders are pure advertisement for a company. They give some people some free/cheap stuff so everybody thinks "hey, that company must make sick products because he rides it and he's good, I need to buy those!".
So if you want to get sponsored, don't think about yourself or why they should sponsor you, think about what you can mean for them. If you ask tell them why you should get sponsored you won't succeed, but if you tell them what it would mean to their company if they sponsor you you'll have a much bigger chance.

The best advise I can give you is to not waste your time trying to find sponsors, those companies get hundreds of sponsor me email everyday and they dont care and they won't reply, no matter how sick you can ride.

I emailed many companies to sponsor me, without any results. Later I've been travelling all around the world (on my own costs) to join contests jams and meetings, and now suddenly 2 companies wanted to have me on their team. With both I met the owners, rode with them, had a great time with them, and I didn't ask them anything about sponsorships. Didn't even really care, I just wanted to have a good time riding my bike with friends and meeting new people. And now 2 of them asked me if I wanted to be their teamrider and I was superstoked about it both times!

Don't waste your time on trying to find sponsors, if you're a sick rider and have a good attitude they'll come to you once. Always remember riding bikes is all about fun, and not about being the best or having sponsors

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009018
Mobile Version of Website