What cheap but light DH Wheelset can I get??

PB Forum :: Downhill
What cheap but light DH Wheelset can I get??
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 13:42 Quote
What cheap but light DH Wheelset can I get?? its going on my cove shocker, possibly even thinking of deetrak for front wheel. not sure what for rear tho. its a 150mm x 12mm axle. any decent wheelsets?

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 14:53 Quote
i think the best bang for your buck in wheelsets is the azonic outlaw... very strong and reliable wheelset that can convert to nearly every axle.

if you dont mind building/having a set built, a set of hope pro2 hubs with mavic 721, sun mtx, or some other reasonably cheap rim would be amazing

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 14:55 Quote
Whats your price range?!?.....makes a big difference

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 19:04 Quote
The cheapest way to do it is to be able to lace your own wheels. Get yourself a set of really good hubs, and lace them to singletracks, and when the rim is done, a new one is like $35 retail for another.

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 10:42 Quote
viperman58 wrote:
The cheapest way to do it is to be able to lace your own wheels. Get yourself a set of really good hubs, and lace them to singletracks, and when the rim is done, a new one is like $35 retail for another.

Bingo. Get a pair of Ringlé Abbahs, and lace them to Singletracks with high quality spokes. You'll have a pimping wheelset.

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 6:23 Quote
Singletracks + good hubs this is good idea (I vas riding singletracks last season and have no problems with them).
If you have more money you can buy mavic 721

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 6:31 Quote
AZONIC OUTLAW but with the white rims,yaaaa

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 6:37 Quote
singles are nice, but doubles are nicer depending on how you ride of course, they're a bit heavier too..but they look way better than pinner singles Razz

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009015
Mobile Version of Website