Anyone tested the 2008 888 RC3 WC or the 2008 ATA WC?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Anyone tested the 2008 888 RC3 WC or the 2008 ATA WC?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 15:36 Quote
Has anyone ridden either the 2008 Marzocchi 888 RC3 WC or the 2008 ATA WC? How were they? Compare them to Boxxer WC, Fox 40 RC2, and prior 888 WC. Only people who have ridden please, not those who have read about them.

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 16:36 Quote
Whats the difference between ATA and WC(RC3)?

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 16:39 Quote
noxy wrote:
Whats the difference between ATA and WC(RC3)?
ATA is an air system and the RC3 uses oil and a spring.

Posted: Oct 26, 2007 at 16:50 Quote
I see, thanks.

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 13:47 Quote
Anyone ridden them?

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 13:50 Quote
tefiii2005 wrote:
Anyone ridden them?

No

Posted: Oct 30, 2007 at 20:02 Quote
Im over it, I just bought a 2007 Boxxer World Cup.

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 at 18:40 Quote
the 888 ata also has rc3

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 2:56 Quote
I have a 888 ATA WC on my Trek Session 10 for over a week now and i previous tested it on a DH trail and some freeriding in Germany last weekend.I have nothing to say then awesome,love the damping it's so plush and the ATA is such a sweet adjustment.I tested them both on the 160 and 200mm travel setting and both off the travel setting works super great on the 160mm travel i felt i was riding a 66 but with DC standards and works great for some serious freeride and deepwood action but on the DH trail it comes a litle to short but lucky there's the 200mm travel setting and the fork feels solid and gobles the big hits,bumbs or any form off roughness with no problems and i realy love each ride with the 888 ATA WCtup .The RC3 was easy to adjust rebound on the top and compression under the fork leg and it did it's job great with the ATA.Best fork ever that i have now totally love itFab if i would give this fork a rating between 1 and 10 i'd say this nails the 10/10.

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 9:35 Quote
trekrules wrote:
I have a 888 ATA WC on my Trek Session 10 for over a week now and i previous tested it on a DH trail and some freeriding in Germany last weekend.I have nothing to say then awesome,love the damping it's so plush and the ATA is such a sweet adjustment.I tested them both on the 160 and 200mm travel setting and both off the travel setting works super great on the 160mm travel i felt i was riding a 66 but with DC standards and works great for some serious freeride and deepwood action but on the DH trail it comes a litle to short but lucky there's the 200mm travel setting and the fork feels solid and gobles the big hits,bumbs or any form off roughness with no problems and i realy love each ride with the 888 ATA WCtup .The RC3 was easy to adjust rebound on the top and compression under the fork leg and it did it's job great with the ATA.Best fork ever that i have now totally love itFab if i would give this fork a rating between 1 and 10 i'd say this nails the 10/10.
thatnks for having something real to say about the fork. yeah, i was reading through past forums trying to find someone who might have someone with some knowledge about it. you were saying you were planning on buying this fork. i'm planning on getting it also, but i'm still not sure if it's worth it over the simpler 888 rc-3. i have the money to get it, but i could instead buy something else. so for me, the 888 ATA Wc would be about $120 over the 888rc-3. is the ligher weight, nickel stanctions and the trackel adjustment worth it? how does the air suspension feel? what do you mean it comes a little short on the dh?

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 10:24 Quote
nickf wrote:
trekrules wrote:
thatnks for having something real to say about the fork. yeah, i was reading through past forums trying to find someone who might have someone with some knowledge about it. you were saying you were planning on buying this fork. i'm planning on getting it also, but i'm still not sure if it's worth it over the simpler 888 rc-3. i have the money to get it, but i could instead buy something else. so for me, the 888 ATA Wc would be about $120 over the 888rc-3. is the ligher weight, nickel stanctions and the trackel adjustment worth it? how does the air suspension feel? what do you mean it comes a little short on the dh?

Yes it's worth the $120 over the RC3(not WC).The air suspension feels much better than a coil spring because you can adjust it way more than a Coil and more precise.Air forks are always better look at the Boxxer WC it pounds the coil forks because it's better and ligther.Remember the ATA WC is the 3rd ligthest DH racing fork on the market with 6.4 lbs.I mean by coming to short i mean with 160mm travel on a full blown DH track so that's why the 200mm travel setting is more pratical and way better on this fork and you can ride at Max travel and rip it as fast as you can on a DH trail.

compairisson between the 888's
RC3 = 7.5lbs
RC3 WC = 6.9lbs
ATA WC = 6.4lbs

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 10:27 Quote
doesn't white brothers make the lightest dh fork? too bad it has so much stiction

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 10:32 Quote
nickf wrote:
doesn't white brothers make the lightest dh fork? too bad it has so much stiction

Yeah The groove race from white brothers is the ligthest DH racing fork ever made at 5.3lbs!!!

Posted: Feb 20, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
trekrules wrote:
nickf wrote:
trekrules wrote:

Yes it's worth the $120 over the RC3(not WC).The air suspension feels much better than a coil spring because you can adjust it way more than a Coil and more precise.Air forks are always better look at the Boxxer WC it pounds the coil forks because it's better and ligther.Remember the ATA WC is the 3rd ligthest DH racing fork on the market with 6.4 lbs.I mean by coming to short i mean with 160mm travel on a full blown DH track so that's why the 200mm travel setting is more pratical and way better on this fork and you can ride at Max travel and rip it as fast as you can on a DH trail.

compairisson between the 888's
RC3 = 7.5lbs
RC3 WC = 6.9lbs
ATA WC = 6.4lbs

Actually the 888 RC3 weighs around 8.3 lbs. The 7.5lbs of the 888 RC3 is without a steerer and stem, whereas the weight of the ATA WC is with the steerer and stem.

Many people who own the RC3 have weighed it themselves and that was the average weight.(I dont own one, ive read that in many different reviews&forums.)

Posted: Feb 21, 2008 at 1:28 Quote
I weighed my '08 888ATA including axle, stem, and cut steerer. 7.4lb

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033012
Mobile Version of Website