Build up options for transition dirtbag

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Build up options for transition dirtbag
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 19:29 Quote
im am soon getting a transition dirtbag and need some help on deciding on what parts to put on it. It would be great if you could help me.
Thanks

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
umm just use ur brain and decide things for urself, u have a few questions to ask urself. sram or shimano? fox or sram? and deity or spank? those are all u have to decide, from there its how much u want to spend

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 19:30 Quote
what are you doing with it, dual ring or single ring, budget? There is a plethora of information you left out there. I would be glad to help, but I need more to go from.

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 19:34 Quote
ok this is what u need a totem, all deity components, atom lab pimp wheels, avid codes, x9 everything else

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 19:34 Quote
nishnash wrote:
what are you doing with it, dual ring or single ring, budget? There is a plethora of information you left out there. I would be glad to help, but I need more to go from.
well im thinking of just going single ring in the frnt and if i have to ill spend as much as i need to

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
All deity components? Don't be a wanker... Deity crankset, yes, stem, yes.. bars, no, seat maybe, up to you... IMO...I strongly agree with a Totem tho.. i love mine Smile

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 19:37 Quote
ridetrails wrote:
ok this is what u need a totem, all deity components, atom lab pimp wheels, avid codes, x9 everything else
yea thats sound pretty good
i like the totems too

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 19:39 Quote
coverider11 wrote:
ridetrails wrote:
yea thats sound pretty good what fork should i put on it
im having trouble deciding on marzzochi 888 or 66
any suggestions for the fork?
yeah i say totem, mazocchi come stock from factory with bushing play and there nitrogen cartridges leak into the main camber which makes them feel horrible and sticksiony at the start of the stroke

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 19:41 Quote
ridetrails wrote:
coverider11 wrote:
ridetrails wrote:
yea thats sound pretty good what fork should i put on it
im having trouble deciding on marzzochi 888 or 66
any suggestions for the fork?
yeah i say totem, mazocchi come stock from factory with bushing play and there nitrogen cartridges leak into the main camber which makes them feel horrible and sticksiony at the start of the stroke
sweet the totem it is then

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 19:42 Quote
I think the totem really suits the dirtbag, as far as wheels, run transition revolutions if you don't want to spend to much. For drivetrain run saint (I am assuming that this is an FR bike), and brake go with Elixer's or Code's. Cockpit run, ummm, what ever feels comfortable, I really like the new straitline pinch stem, they aren't supposed to be out yet, but i can hook you up, they are lighter (just slightly) than a Thomson according to my buds scales.

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 19:44 Quote
nishnash wrote:
I think the totem really suits the dirtbag, as far as wheels, run transition revolutions if you don't want to spend to much. For drivetrain run saint (I am assuming that this is an FR bike), and brake go with Elixer's or Code's. Cockpit run, ummm, what ever feels comfortable, I really like the new straitline pinch stem, they aren't supposed to be out yet, but i can hook you up, they are lighter (just slightly) than a Thomson according to my buds scales.
well right now im not to concerned about the weight but i would like to try and keep it under 50 pounds if i can and i like the revolutions for the rims

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 19:45 Quote
the newer 66's come with the bushing play to reduce the whole "Break-in phase" but not only that the stanchions arent secured too well to the crown... ive seen a few sets of 66's have twist in the stanchions at the crown... also disappearing leg bolts (the ones that hold the uppers to the lowers)...

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 19:46 Quote
dont get saint, there pointless, they weigh way to much for what they really are. id say get deity cranks, or holzfellers

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 19:47 Quote
That is true about the cranks, maybe ride Hones, or Holzefeller OCT's.

Posted: Sep 29, 2008 at 19:47 Quote
cruelty-and-the-beast wrote:
the newer 66's come with the bushing play to reduce the whole "Break-in phase" but not only that the stanchions arent secured too well to the crown... ive seen a few sets of 66's have twist in the stanchions at the crown... also disappearing leg bolts (the ones that hold the uppers to the lowers)...
yeah but that whole break in theory is stupid, i would rather have a break in time than have bushing play which turns into destroying the fork

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008952
Mobile Version of Website