Rhyno Lites... your opinion

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Rhyno Lites... your opinion
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 21:28 Quote
Pure crap. I might be tempted to use them on a 24" dirtjumper but NEVER for street.

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 21:31 Quote
I must be tired. I thought you said "Purple crap."

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 21:57 Quote
get some azonic outlaws

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 22:07 Quote
mdew wrote:
get some azonic outlaws
word.
kind of expensive though right?

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 22:14 Quote
dillonchamberlain wrote:
mdew wrote:
get some azonic outlaws
word.
kind of expensive though right?

Only if $230 is expensive for a wheelset.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 7:24 Quote
im running 24" rynolites right now on my bike and they hold up fairly well as long as your not completely thrashing them, if your not that smooth they will bend but if you know what yor doing they will go forever.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 7:29 Quote
therealblinky wrote:
im running 24" rynolites right now on my bike and they hold up fairly well as long as your not completely thrashing them, if your not that smooth they will bend but if you know what yor doing they will go forever.
^^^I compleatly agree...If your not a hack and arn't sending it huge rhynolite XL's are some of the best rims going for the last 10years....there's a reason why they still make them...the average pinkbike kids just dont get it, if your wrecking RL XL's your either a hack or built the wrong wheel for the hack riding you doo

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 8:37 Quote
i have rhyno lytes on my XC bike and they do the job. ive never done anything crazy on them though.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 8:46 Quote
You can ride street and DJ on Rhyno Lites. I did it for a couple years, and I know others who do it. You just shouldn't be a hack.

If you knew how to tension and true a wheel, Rhyno Lites are well worth it. It's all about the spokes -that should be your focal point.

I fully support Rhyno Lites, but I even more endorse MTXs, for that extra 100g per rim you rarely have to worry about tension.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 8:56 Quote
dazem wrote:
therealblinky wrote:
^^^I compleatly agree...If your not a hack and arn't sending it huge rhynolite XL's are some of the best rims going for the last 10years....there's a reason why they still make them...the average pinkbike kids just dont get it, if your wrecking RL XL's your either a hack or built the wrong wheel for the hack riding you doo

That's why I said I'd consider them for 24" dirtjumping. Even smooth riders case ledges and land hard on the street sometimes. They flat spot pretty easy like that. There's not a 24" rim as light as these and with nice dirtjump landings they should hold up fine. There are better light 26" rims.

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 13:10 Quote
they aren't that great, there are definatley better out there

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 18:59 Quote
If your going 24s get the ryno lite xls and youll be set.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015015
Mobile Version of Website