The return of Shaun Palmer

PB Forum :: Downhill
The return of Shaun Palmer
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:29 Quote
So apparently he's been riding with the Syndicate. Troy Lee made him a custom helmet with big Monster logos. Supposedly he's going to race World Cups next year. SWEET. He was my hero when I was a grom. I'm psyched to see it. I'd love to see Tomac, Palmer, and Nico battle it out again.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:34 Quote
Dude. You got more dirt for me. I used to ride with Palmer on the white stuff. We tore up a house in Tahoe one night- ah man, good times. Tim Windell is gonna shit when he hears this one...........I love the footage of Palm's driving up Pikes Peak in the suped up Caddy one year.......I need to find that again.

So, I hope you can find us some links? Photo's? We should start the Palmer is God Klub. The PGK's!

Mod
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:34 Quote
He's in the 2009 TLD catalog!

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:35 Quote
I remember reading MBA back in the 90's and seeing shots of Palmer battling with the best of the time. He was definitely one of the riders I looked up to as well. He was a Rock Star!

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:38 Quote
Just read about this on MTBR lol

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:39 Quote
northwestdhdad wrote:
So, I hope you can find us some links? Photo's? We should start the Palmer is God Klub. The PGK's!

From Littermag:

"Also, Sven rode/shot with the Syndicate the other day. They were testing something, but I totally forget what it was. I do remember that Palmer was riding DH with them and I saw the photos."

From PB:
photo

photo

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:40 Quote
can one of you guys clue me in to who shaun palmer is?

Mod
doyouquaxu wrote:

He's an old school legend.

doyouquaxu wrote:

Get the hell out of here.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:42 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
doyouquaxu wrote:

Get the hell out of here.

Hah.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:43 Quote
Shaun Palmer shuttles in Caddies. He pretty much owned boardercross for years. He was one of the only people to ever be serious competition for Nico. He's EASILY in the top 5 greatest DH racers ever.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:43 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
northwestdhdad wrote:

From Littermag:

"Also, Sven rode/shot with the Syndicate the other day. They were testing something, but I totally forget what it was. I do remember that Palmer was riding DH with them and I saw the photos."

From PB:
photo

photo

David my boy! Your on FIRE! I saw the shots- but overlooked that one- I was just stoked see him with Rennie at Interbike. Cannot wait to see him on a track. I swear, I will poop a berm. Can you find out if he's for sure in the UCI DH events next year? I bet SeaOtter (SNORE!).

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:46 Quote
northwestdhdad wrote:
David my boy! Your on FIRE! I saw the shots- but overlooked that one- I was just stoked see him with Rennie at Interbike. Cannot wait to see him on a track. I swear, I will poop a berm. Can you find out if he's for sure in the UCI DH events next year? I bet SeaOtter (SNORE!).

Poop a berm eh? I might poop a rock garden to rival Vigo.

I've heard from reliable sources that he is racing at least a few World Cups next year. I don't have anything in print to back that up but it's pretty legit info. I don't know what else he's going to do but he appears to be staging for a big year. He's got at least 2 major sponsors.

Mod
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:47 Quote
Specialized used to have so much talent when he was around along with TJ Lavin. Man, I feel old...

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:49 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Specialized used to have so much talent when he was around along with TJ Lavin. Man, I feel old...

How old were you when you got into riding seriously?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013455
Mobile Version of Website