The return of Shaun Palmer

PB Forum :: Downhill
The return of Shaun Palmer
Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 23:05 Quote
Didn't he get second at the first one in Fontana?
elbry wrote:
its not his first, he raced the weekend before

Posted: Jul 20, 2009 at 23:07 Quote
suvlako wrote:
Didn't he get second at the first one in Fontana?
elbry wrote:
its not his first, he raced the weekend before

Yes, Correct- his team mate JD Swanguen got the win....

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 14:37 Quote

Qualifying at Mt St Anne and chilling with his hero- Palms and Peaty together again.

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 14:43 Quote
I loved Shaun palmer pro snowboarder.

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 14:48 Quote
Shaun Palmer Fab I have a big old school poster of him on my wall when he road for specialized back in the day. What a strong well rounded athlete.

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 14:57 Quote
He qualified 76th.

http://dirtmag.co.uk/worldcup/category/News/hill-and-jonnier-fastest-so-far/dirt-1235427.html

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 15:24 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com All results from today including Palmer's 76th in Qualies.

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 16:08 Quote
callumbikes wrote:
He qualified 76th.

http://dirtmag.co.uk/worldcup/category/News/hill-and-jonnier-fastest-so-far/dirt-1235427.html

He'll get the hot seat for a few minutes in the finals.

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 16:10 Quote
Naaah, sorry to say this guys but I think he is past it, his comeback has been left far too late

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 16:11 Quote
I didn't say he would win it. But I bet he will impress some 'doubters'..........

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 16:14 Quote
The naaah prt was me disagreeing I don't think he will be in the hot seat at all and I don't think he will impress me because yes, right now I am a doubter

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 16:21 Quote
Its your opinion. I wouldn't put any money on Palmer, but its sure cool to see him back racing. Its a forum thread ya know, feelings can get hurt. Not mine.

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 16:23 Quote
It's fine to doubt man and he's not saying that he'll win the races. He loves our sport and is back in it because it's fun and he's got a great chance to make the USA Boardercross team for the Olympics next year in Vancouver BC. He was a top qualifier 4 years ago, but tore his achillies(?) tendon in a race leading up to the Olympics.

Enjoy the fact that he's here to show our sport some love and that folks are excited too.

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 16:26 Quote
brule wrote:
It's fine to doubt man and he's not saying that he'll win the races. He loves our sport and is back in it because it's fun and he's got a great chance to make the USA Boardercross team for the Olympics next year in Vancouver BC. He was a top qualifier 4 years ago, but tore his achillies(?) tendon in a race leading up to the Olympics.

Enjoy the fact that he's here to show our sport some love and that folks are excited too.

Its just cool to enjoy your 40's. Ask anyone over 40. 40's are the new 20's.........Lance Armstrong is a great example.

Posted: Jul 24, 2009 at 17:34 Quote
northwestdhdad wrote:
brule wrote:

Its just cool to enjoy your 40's. Ask anyone over 40. 40's are the new 20's.........Lance Armstrong is a great example.

Armstrong is beast, especially for his age and how well he is doing in the tour. But a lot of Euro's hate him, haha.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.006699
Mobile Version of Website