The return of Shaun Palmer

PB Forum :: Downhill
The return of Shaun Palmer
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:49 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
doyouquaxu wrote:
can one of you guys clue me in to who shaun palmer is?

Get the hell out of here.

dont get all mad at me, you sent me an invite to this thread, and i'm just curious to know. i'll let myself out now, bye ya'll

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:49 Quote
shit yeah. that's so awesome he's back in the realm of 2 wheels. he was the first big dh rider who caught my eye when i was a kid. i remember lookin at an old pic of him racing on an old M1 with old school Vans high tops. it got me so pumped on riding. for some reason it totally justified my jump from skating to riding. and that crown over his name on the helmet is so fitting. and i'm with nwdhdad on this one, PGK is on the way!

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:51 Quote
doyouquaxu wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
doyouquaxu wrote:
can one of you guys clue me in to who shaun palmer is?

Get the hell out of here.

dont get all mad at me, you sent me an invite to this thread, and i'm just curious to know. i'll let myself out now, bye ya'll

It was a joke. Chill.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:51 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
northwestdhdad wrote:
David my boy! Your on FIRE! I saw the shots- but overlooked that one- I was just stoked see him with Rennie at Interbike. Cannot wait to see him on a track. I swear, I will poop a berm. Can you find out if he's for sure in the UCI DH events next year? I bet SeaOtter (SNORE!).

Poop a berm eh? I might poop a rock garden to rival Vigo.

I've heard from reliable sources that he is racing at least a few World Cups next year. I don't have anything in print to back that up but it's pretty legit info. I don't know what else he's going to do but he appears to be staging for a big year. He's got at least 2 major sponsors.

All good news for his loyal fans. I'm super hyped to hear this..........Hope he comes up to next years Fluidride Cups, Strobel is secretly using that series to step up his game. This is absolutely great.

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:53 Quote
First one to design a PGK/caddie emblem with some nice Palmer styled bling is my hero.

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:54 Quote
I was into mountainbiking when both these guys were around. I have pictures cut out of magazines of Palmer rocking the old Specialized FSR DH bike with the Manitou X-Vert Carbon on it. I remember him competing in numerous Winter X-Games too. Although I wasn't super serious about riding or skiing at the time, I still participated in both sports and knew who these people were. I also saw TJ Lavin in numerous Summer X-Games playing with the little bikes. The best part about TJ Lavin is that I still rep a pair of his old school white Specialized shoes!

Posted: Oct 1, 2008 at 23:54 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
First one to design a PGK/caddie emblem with some nice Palmer styled bling is my hero.
I'll get a Tat.

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 0:03 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://davethebike.com/photos/maribor99-bulls-palmer.jpg

Badass

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 0:04 Quote
I have that exact photo on my wall in my room.

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 0:20 Quote
I'm too young, I only know him as that guy on the cover of that snowboarding game Confused

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 0:39 Quote
wonder if he still has any of the old magic.

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 0:42 Quote
manikrider27 wrote:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://davethebike.com/photos/maribor99-bulls-palmer.jpg

Badass

Awesome. We need more of this.......I just watched Chainsmoke on VHS- I had to literally dust the thing off..........

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 0:51 Quote
i think any rider of a certain age has that photo embedded in their mind.

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 2:13 Quote
Its going to be interesting to see what a true O.G. skillionaire can do to the young pups on the circuit.

I cant wait to see.

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 4:14 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
He's EASILY in the top 5 greatest athletes ever.

I knew him from snowboarding, but saw the documentary on Ridemonkey, the guy's freaking amazing.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010489
Mobile Version of Website