When mowing lawns dosen't cut it...

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
When mowing lawns dosen't cut it...
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 20:37 Quote
I'm 15 and I can't work yet, I mow lawns, dog sit, baby sit, do chores, and don't spend money on anything but my bike.... and I still can't aford the fixes when I break stuff. Somebody who has been here or is here wanna give me some advice? Frown

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 20:42 Quote
why cant you work yet?

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 20:44 Quote
find a land scapin compony they will hire anyone!!!! they usully hire like illegal ppl so they will hire you in a second!

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 20:45 Quote
Flatulant-Primate wrote:
why cant you work yet?
Law in Oregon, I cant work till im 16.. and even then i'll only be able to in the summer.

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
bikerboyac wrote:
Flatulant-Primate wrote:
why cant you work yet?
Law in Oregon, I cant work till im 16.. and even then i'll only be able to in the summer.
its a law here too but they let you anyways just cant get caught! good luck!

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 20:47 Quote
You, my friend, are wrong. You can work in Oregon when you are 14.

I just did this for a class. Try this link:

http://www.boli.state.or.us/BOLI/TA/2008_Minimum_Wage_English.pdf

Have fun finding a job! ha ha!

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 20:48 Quote
dher0521 wrote:
bikerboyac wrote:
Flatulant-Primate wrote:
why cant you work yet?
its a law here too but they let you anyways just cant get caught! good luck!
haha thanks i'll try it.. there are plenty in my neighborhood (i live surrounded by houses that cost over 6 million lol)

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 20:52 Quote
G-Penny wrote:
You, my friend, are wrong. You can work in Oregon when you are 14.

I just did this for a class. Try this link:

http://www.boli.state.or.us/BOLI/TA/2008_Minimum_Wage_English.pdf

Have fun finding a job! ha ha!
maybe i should refraise that.. NOBODY a.k.a any steady job in my city (store, resturaunt, bike shop) will hire me till im 16

Mod
Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 20:58 Quote
I donno, I found mowing lawns is easy money. I don't know about you, but around here alot of people pay $15 to $20 an hour for you to use their mower and their gas to cut their lawn. I often supplement my income from my full time job in the summer with lawnmowing in the evenings and weekends.

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 21:24 Quote
thats pretty gay, over here in australia most people have a proper job whilst in high school.
If you want to work , you should be allowed to.

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 21:36 Quote
If ya need bike parts, try and work at the bike shop. Even offer to volunteer and do minor stuff like sweep the floors or helping them move in boxed up new bikes. They might not pay you, but you'll learn about bikes, and they should give you employee deals. You'll need to find a super chill local shop, but you don't really have anything to lose by asking at this point right? Give er a shot.

And mowing lawns really does pay pretty well compared to many 'real' jobs for people in your age group.

Posted: Oct 2, 2008 at 21:40 Quote
bikerboyac wrote:
(i live surrounded by houses that cost over 6 million lol)
hell, get them to pay for your shit then

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 0:37 Quote
stinkyrider17 wrote:
thats pretty gay, over here in australia most people have a proper job whilst in high school.
If you want to work , you should be allowed to.
yeah, your allowed to work with parental consent when your 13 or 14

O+
Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 0:42 Quote
surely you can get a job working as a dishwasher or waiter in a resteraunt??? i was doing it in scotland when i was 13

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 9:43 Quote
you should use your head, there are hundreads of way to make money buy sell stuff on ebay, get a job gardening for locals if the houses around you are worth loads you wont a have a problem finding someone who will pay you loads I didn't. but make sure you dont work to much and have no time to ride.
I work in the evenings wed,Fri ,sat at a restaurant and then on the weekends i work sat and sun days 9-12 in the morning.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015245
Mobile Version of Website