Fork or Forks?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Fork or Forks?
Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
its a fork /thread and lmao i dont care what kind of tits they are, there not spongy

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
If you have one fork (for eating) there are multiple prongs on it, it is called a fork not forks. if you have one fork on your like most people do, then it is a FORK. the pants argument does not apply, because then you would have to call each of the two sides of your fork a fork. ITS FORK.

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 14:14 Quote
dtroyan123 wrote:
If you have one fork (for eating) there are multiple prongs on it, it is called a fork not forks. if you have one fork on your like most people do, then it is a FORK. the pants argument does not apply, because then you would have to call each of the two sides of your fork a fork. ITS FORK.
there are two fork legs on a bike just as there are pants and almost the same as a eating fork (just minus two) so two legs = forks

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 14:18 Quote
I was walking along and I came to a forks in the road.
I was eating dinner and I raised my forks to my mouth.
I was riding my bike and my forks broke.

Nope. That's not right. None of those are correct.

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 14:23 Quote
duno if its been said but i believe you should say

"Fork" for when its a certain that has been custom tuned/painted/altered to differ it from its stock form

and

"Forks" for if it is just a stock fork that there are many others exactly like

tup

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 14:25 Quote
Wikipedia says fork.

Fox Racing says fork. Check the 32 Float page, first line.

Manitou says fork.

White Brothers says fork. Check the last line on the Groove 200.

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 18:11 Quote
So when you come to a split in a trail you can take the left fork or right fork correct? Then there are 2 forks to choose from. Big Grin Where's the beat a dead horse emoticon when we need it?

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
So when you come to a split in a trail you can take the left fork or right fork correct? Then there are 2 forks to choose from. Big Grin Where's the beat a dead horse emoticon when we need it?

No, when you come to a fork in the path/road/trail, you take the right path/road/trail or the left path/road/trail.

Don't eat me alive with a DM rant, please.

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
Who gives a sh*t? Just ride them in singular or in plural!

edit: or if this troubles your mind too much be gay and call it front shock!

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 18:26 Quote
StevePrice wrote:
JuStIn19 wrote:
pair of pants.. nuff said

pair of tits, both are spongy

Oh man, fail.

Reminds me of 40 year old virgin: "..and they feel like..a bag of sand"

And it's fork.

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

No, when you come to a fork in the path/road/trail, you take the right path/road/trail or the left path/road/trail.

Don't eat me alive with a DM rant, please.

But are there not 2 forks to choose from? If one refers to one route or another as a singular fork that they might take then you must assume that together they are plural.

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 18:34 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
But are there not 2 forks to choose from? If one refers to one route or another as a singular fork that they might take then you must assume that together they are plural.

I actually don't think that each way is a fork. You arrive at a fork. And then there are two (or more) ways to go.
Plus, look at all of the companies. They all say fork.
Even if it is seemingly grammatically incorrect, one should call it a fork.

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 18:39 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:

I actually don't think that each way is a fork. You arrive at a fork. And then there are two (or more) ways to go.
Plus, look at all of the companies. They all say fork.
Even if it is seemingly grammatically incorrect, one should call it a fork.

I'm just f*cking with you man.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/images/smilies/Beating_A_Dead_Horse.gif

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 18:41 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://bombmatt.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg
sorry, I had to!

edit: I just realised the irony of posting this when it had already been posted...

Posted: Nov 11, 2008 at 18:55 Quote
alexzero13 wrote:
It just makes me think the person I am riding is a grom

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015998
Mobile Version of Website