Show off your bike(s) Ladies!

PB Forum :: Girl's Clubhouse
Show off your bike(s) Ladies!
Posted: Jul 29, 2015 at 8:15 Quote
Nikki-alexs wrote:
Status 2 and orange 5, and a glimpse of a stinky. Two (two and a half) scottish girls just finished a season in Morzine !

Nice 1 girls! Keep it up-up-up!

Posted: Aug 11, 2015 at 4:31 Quote
Bear-232 wrote:
I know this is not the right area to be posting but I want some decent replies from riders that have had similar experiences.

So after some time and persuasion, the partner is keen on the idea of getting into some light DH/singletrack.
What sort of bikes would people recommend with 5"+ of travel that's not going to be a pig to ride on flats.

I've been looking at but limited too:
- Specialized SX Trail
- Specialized Big Hit
- Giant Faith
- Kona Stinky
- Norco Fluid
- Norco Shore
- Transition Syren
- Transition TR 250

She is 5'5"ish, weighs next to nothing and has the strength to match lol
A bike that is a little bit lighter, easy to manoeuvre with a good Stand Over height (clam slam needs to be avoided) would be ideal.

Any recommendations and advice is much appreciated.. Girls dont be shy to reply and show off ur rides.!! Big Grin

Giant Trance? After owning a XC hardtail and a DH rig, it's now my 'do everything' bike. Climbs really well.

Posted: Aug 11, 2015 at 4:33 Quote
Oh, and here is it..

Taken on the Twtch trail at Cwmcarn

Posted: Aug 14, 2015 at 11:00 Quote
Beautiful commencal
This is my Commencal Supreme DH V2 2011 Salute

Posted: Sep 10, 2015 at 19:15 Quote
@Bear-232

I can say first hand that the Norco Shore is probably a bad choice.

Edit: Let me expound now since I'm not on the toilet at work. I had a 2009 Norco Shore One. It was the worst pedalling bike I have ever ridden. Furthermore, I am pretty sure it was made from cheese, as I completely destroyed the rear triangle in a minor accident. Also it dented very easily. It was good for hucking off things (provided you didn't hit any rocks), but that is about all.

When you say you want something that doesn't suck for pedalling on flat, how much flat pedalling are we talking? Because if you want to ride trails, I'd stay away from anything with more than 6".

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 at 2:01 Quote
MadisonB99 wrote:
Beautiful commencal
This is my Commencal Supreme DH V2 2011 Salute

This is one of my all time favourite DH frames.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2015 at 20:51 Quote
icallitlove wrote:
Here's my new Beauty - Scott Gambler 10 from 2014. Love it!

My new Beauty

NIIIIICE. I rented one of those at the bike park at the beginning of the season and it made me feel like a superhero. DH bike squish, yet so nimbly and able to be pedaled here and there without immediate heart attack!

Posted: Nov 26, 2015 at 20:54 Quote
New bike I can no longer afford food or rent. Worth it.

My first full suspension bike that I got at the beginning of August. Of course, by now, it's all 3M'd and filthy. But it looks so new and pretty in this photo. Love riding it.

Posted: Nov 30, 2015 at 16:31 Quote
Still rocking my roady gear - my first proper bike and my first proper XC ride - Santa Cruz Juliana

photo

Soggy christmas ride on my do-it-all bike - Yeti 575

photo

Me at the top of my first proper DH track before I got all WOOOHOOOOO and stuff - Intense M3
photo

Posted: Dec 14, 2015 at 6:20 Quote
Hi i´m new, this is my bike a specialized Stump Jumper Elitte of 2008, been ridding like a year, and i´m passionate about mountain biking

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015089
Mobile Version of Website