Me and my friends are biulding

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Me and my friends are biulding
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 6:15 Quote
Me and my freinds are going to biuld a little free ride park at our local trails we ahve been okayed. The only problem is we want a teeder totter and we cant use any nails or spikes, and we want the TT to last not just fall apart. How would we do this?

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 14:04 Quote
HaHaHa if only if only

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 14:12 Quote
no nails or spikes....use nuts and bolts...drill some holes and then bolt the sucker together

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 20:49 Quote
Sorry I gues I didint make it clear There is to be no metal used at all. The head of the trail compartment said everything has to be organic wich is basicaly wood and dirt I just wanted to know if there was some type of wood formation that could be made easily and would hold strong.

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 21:03 Quote
you cant make ladders with no nails...its djs for you

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 21:08 Quote
Yeah Im thinking that Im going to have to find some where else to biuld Im not going to be happy until I have teeder totters, wall rides, and ladders.

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 21:11 Quote
madeinchinamyass wrote:
Yeah Im thinking that Im going to have to find some where else to biuld Im not going to be happy until I have teeder totters, wall rides, and ladders.
suck it up and dj or really man up and ride street

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 21:13 Quote
Wow dude Why would I want to biuld djs when I have free ride full suspension bikes?

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 21:14 Quote
madeinchinamyass wrote:
Wow dude Why would I want to biuld djs when I have free ride full suspension bikes?
internet?not sure im tired it seemed like a good idea at the time like using a snow blower to build a drop outa dirt, works really wellSalute

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 21:16 Quote
try wooden pegs, it works really well in dry area's

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 21:19 Quote
Yeah but I dont live in a dry area

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 21:25 Quote
you might try it with a good wood glue and tapered peg but I have only tried it in a dryer area.

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 21:35 Quote
well, either make bolts from wood or build stuff out of dirt, just because its dirt dowsnt mean its djs, let me explain, do you see dirt jumpers hitting high speed 30 ft gaps and dropping of cliffs?
or just use a lever system where the teeter pivots on a log with two groves to keep it pivoting straight, and somehow put some weights on one side to reset

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 at 21:57 Quote
i have the solution to the teeter totter problem.
take a plank of wood, in the shape of your TT.
then, somehow attach a big post through it the long way
then, just build the supports out of dirt.

let me know if you have other problemss

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011572
Mobile Version of Website