Society Xeno

Posted: Apr 20, 2009 at 7:51 Quote
yeah get some second hand

Posted: Apr 20, 2009 at 12:42 Quote
because a factory (for example RST or Spinner) manufacture another fork brand, it doesn't mean the factory's own product is an equally good performer

RST forks are made to a low budget generally for use as an OE (original equipment) fork on complete entry-level bicycles - this low budget per fork means RST cannot use high end materials, processes and include the features that you would find on a high-end aftermarket fork like Fox 32, Rockshox Pike or Marzocchi DJ1

RST "may" manufacture a product for another brand like Fox, but its made to Fox's own proprietary design using specific materials, techniques and technology you will never find in a RST fork - there are legal steps taken to prevent this technology being used by the factory for their own product - not that they would be able to afford to put the tech. into their budget forks anyhow

a factory is a factory...not the designer of the fork - and all the factory is doing things like pressure casting the lowers, and machining damper parts, not actually designing or engineering the fork for a company like Fox or Rockshox!

Posted: Jun 26, 2009 at 11:12 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:
because a factory (for example RST or Spinner) manufacture another fork brand, it doesn't mean the factory's own product is an equally good performer

RST forks are made to a low budget generally for use as an OE (original equipment) fork on complete entry-level bicycles - this low budget per fork means RST cannot use high end materials, processes and include the features that you would find on a high-end aftermarket fork like Fox 32, Rockshox Pike or Marzocchi DJ1

RST "may" manufacture a product for another brand like Fox, but its made to Fox's own proprietary design using specific materials, techniques and technology you will never find in a RST fork - there are legal steps taken to prevent this technology being used by the factory for their own product - not that they would be able to afford to put the tech. into their budget forks anyhow

a factory is a factory...not the designer of the fork - and all the factory is doing things like pressure casting the lowers, and machining damper parts, not actually designing or engineering the fork for a company like Fox or Rockshox!
some good points there but what about this years Marzocchi lineup being much worse than other years due in many peoples' opinions due to them being made by SR Suntour?

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 5:56 Quote
hampsteadbandit wrote:

Exactly, they are designed in the UK and tested by Identiti team riders =)

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 1:05 Quote
love mine,waited an age to get em but they ride lush an look the tits!

Posted: Aug 31, 2009 at 15:31 Quote
can anyone help me?, in the fork manual it says its got grease ports on the lowers, but mine has two small bumps, wich looks like holes coverd by paint, what should i do? btw mine are the xeno dj 100mm

Posted: Sep 20, 2009 at 1:52 Quote
yeah, i was wondering this, they are the grease ports but apparently you have to get a grease gun with a needle and poke it through the paint but i have no idea where to get one.

My societys ride amzaingly, they feel so much nicer than my friends lowered argyle 409's

Posted: Sep 20, 2009 at 2:30 Quote
ahh right, thanks tup

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 at 2:18 Quote
Anyone know where i could get a spare 20mm xeno axel?

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 at 9:37 Quote
i have a spare one from my broken societys Big Grin

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 at 9:59 Quote
Jake-Hyland wrote:
Anyone know where i could get a spare 20mm xeno axel?

billys.co.uk they do all the spares for society

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 at 10:05 Quote
i did just say i have a spare one........

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 at 10:16 Quote
n3lson666x wrote:
i did just say i have a spare one........
i know

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 at 23:44 Quote
Worst ever fork ive had!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014657
Mobile Version of Website