Flatline

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 14:08 Quote
Wait, give me an EXACT question to ask them...

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 14:17 Quote
There is the office number. They can most likely help you.
Rocky Mountain Bicycle Co Ltd - 604-527-9906

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 14:38 Quote
nishnash wrote:
give me a few minutes, ill call one for you.

Really, I would really appreciate that. Salute If you could ask them if you lose rear wheel travel when you switch from a 565mm axle to crown fork to a 545mm one without changing the shock size or mounting position.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 14:55 Quote
SpeshAllDay wrote:
nishnash wrote:
give me a few minutes, ill call one for you.

Really, I would really appreciate that. Salute If you could ask them if you lose rear wheel travel when you switch from a 565mm axle to crown fork to a 545mm one without changing the shock size or mounting position.
they said
"We dont actually know for sure, but we do know you are supposed to change them together as they are independently adjustable."
And these guys are one of the biggest RM dealers worldwide, they crank out more than a few bikes a day...

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 15:22 Quote
Thanks for the # makripper, and thanks for the help nish nash. I actually was able to get through to Darcy O'Connor and he said that the chart was a mistake and that the rear travel will not be effected.Facepalm Smile

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 18:34 Quote
SpeshAllDay wrote:
Thanks for the # makripper, and thanks for the help nish nash. I actually was able to get through to Darcy O'Connor and he said that the chart was a mistake and that the rear travel will not be effected.Facepalm Smile
thats why I like watching these threads! LOL

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 18:50 Quote
my dad has a flatline 2 with totems and 729's and its only 39 pounds

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 20:26 Quote
SpeshAllDay wrote:

What have I been saying for the past 2 pages???

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 19:38 Quote
does anybody know how to swith the rear shock to a different hole or have a link to instructions how to do it?

Posted: Sep 8, 2009 at 19:50 Quote
SLCrider wrote:
does anybody know how to swith the rear shock to a different hole or have a link to instructions how to do it?
Un bolt shock, insert shock to desired hole, rebolt shock.

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 12:02 Quote
depending on what model you have....
the one and 2 can fit in the first or second hole.....
the 3 and pro can fit in the 2 or 3rd hole.

Just undo the bolt and take out the shaft and move it into the hole you want then reinsert shaft and tighten the bolt

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 13:39 Quote
mkitsis2 wrote:
depending on what model you have....
the one and 2 can fit in the first or second hole.....
the 3 and pro can fit in the 2 or 3rd hole.

Just undo the bolt and take out the shaft and move it into the hole you want then reinsert shaft and tighten the bolt

i tried undoing it and taking out the shaft but it doesnt move backwards into the other 2 holes (the holes that give you more travel)

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 13:42 Quote
oh and btw i have a 3

Posted: Sep 9, 2009 at 13:54 Quote
Try playing with the travel when the shock is unbolted to make the link move closer to the shock.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013435
Mobile Version of Website