2009 sx frame

• Previous Page
Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 17:41 Quote
What do you think of it?

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=39206&eid=101

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 17:46 Quote
Very curvy, I do like it... love the painjob on the white one aswell...

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
slugshead wrote:
Ya thats what I was thinking. I'd upload a pic but I cant find one anywhere other than the specialized site. Its funny, I had my mind set on an 09 trek fuel ex 8 and then I saw this....... The frame better not be heavy or else it ruins everything.

Posted: Oct 4, 2008 at 20:45 Quote
Pyro011 wrote:
The frame better not be heavy or else it ruins everything.

It will undoubtedly be lighter then previous years... it has the M5 material for the frame, where as the older SX Trails have the A1 aluminum. Yes, the material will make a HUGE difference, both is strength and weight. Last year the Rockhopper went from A1 to M5, and the bike as a whole dropped about 2 lbs.

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 2:29 Quote
there is no such thing as an M5 rockhopper, secondly the 2009 sx trail frame is apparently half a pound heavier than the 2008, whether thats true or not i dont know but thats what i heard

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 3:06 Quote
are they only going to be available in gold and silver???

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 9:48 Quote
darkestfugue wrote:
there is no such thing as an M5 rockhopper, secondly the 2009 sx trail frame is apparently half a pound heavier than the 2008, whether thats true or not i dont know but thats what i heard
Well thats fine as im not talking about the sx trail. Im talking about the white sx frame. Well I guess when they get them in ill hit up the lbs and take a look. With 4.2 inches of travel I think this bike could be used for some all mountain xc riding too, aswell as being god on the DJ's. Might just have to change my plans and have a winter build.

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 9:59 Quote
I have an SX and love it, you can't go wrong

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 10:03 Quote
sumas-shredder wrote:
I have an SX and love it, you can't go wrong
Is it capable of all riding? not DH obviously but like xc, all mountain?

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 10:11 Quote
Yep, it pedals amazing and if ya switch on the propedal you can climb like an animal haha. But seriously I have to ride uphill a couple km to my buddies house sometimes and works great. If it means anything to you I also rode it down Schleyer, Whistler DH and garbanzo at Whistler with one brake, no problems.

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 10:15 Quote
sumas-shredder wrote:
Yep, it pedals amazing and if ya switch on the propedal you can climb like an animal haha. But seriously I have to ride uphill a couple km to my buddies house sometimes and works great. If it means anything to you I also rode it down Schleyer, Whistler DH and garbanzo at Whistler with one brake, no problems.
Good to hear. Well heres a pic so you guys that havent seen it dont have to go to the link.

photo

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 10:19 Quote
Pyro011 wrote:
slugshead wrote:
Ya thats what I was thinking. I'd upload a pic but I cant find one anywhere other than the specialized site. Its funny, I had my mind set on an 09 trek fuel ex 8 and then I saw this....... The frame better not be heavy or else it ruins everything.
two different styles of bikes....

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 10:19 Quote
The thing is you may have a serious problem actually getting it, unless you go online, they don't sell em in Canada

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 10:21 Quote
sumas-shredder wrote:
The thing is you may have a serious problem actually getting it, unless you go online, they don't sell em in Canada
Ya i'd have to find an online specialized retailer. Anyone know of some good ones?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025850
Mobile Version of Website