My $200 Build.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 0:10 Quote
why the 24 in the back and the 26 up front? is that to keep the frame geometry more like a dj/street bike?

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 0:15 Quote
You get what you pay for, right?

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 6:17 Quote
igz- wrote:

you're just bitter because his bike cost less than your pedals.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 6:44 Quote
nwd26 wrote:
igz- wrote:

ahahaha best thing i have read on PB to date.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 7:05 Quote
how did you manage to get that so cheap, thanks for the paint tip stuff

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 7:08 Quote
somthing sounds incredably "too real to be true" with that build... theyre are parts on there, that you could never find for that cheap, unless they are badly broken, etc...

just seems a bit false.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 7:10 Quote
krazer wrote:
somthing sounds incredably "too real to be true" with that build... theyre are parts on there, that you could never find for that cheap, unless they are badly broken, etc...

just seems a bit false.
he prolly just bought one part and the guy threw in parts

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 7:11 Quote
krazer wrote:

just seems a bit false.

theres this store i know called backpedelling, they sell used bike parts and trade them in as well.

i bought bb7 with 6'' there for $15.99.

but yea $5 for a bb and crank is pretty cheap.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 7:12 Quote
same with the fork.. and the frame. and.......

you get what im saying??

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 7:49 Quote
whats so hard to comprehend about "a good deal"

the deals are out there...

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 7:55 Quote
its may be hard to find stuff but ya the deals are out there. one mans junk is another mans treasure

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 8:06 Quote
nwd26 wrote:
igz- wrote:

touche'

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 13:45 Quote
cruelty-and-the-beast wrote:

such as houses for a few hundred bucks...

no joke, i saw something on tv, like this was sort of a documentary, dont really know what it was, anyway, apparently, in the states, people wouldnt pay there tax thingy, and the the government takes the house from them. u can then get the whole house just by paying the tax. i saw one house, it was worth about 750,000 (not in a big city) and someone got it for $1100

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 14:08 Quote
erik74 wrote:

no joke, i saw something on tv, like this was sort of a documentary, dont really know what it was, anyway, apparently, in the states, people wouldnt pay there tax thingy, and the the government takes the house from them. u can then get the whole house just by paying the tax. i saw one house, it was worth about 750,000 (not in a big city) and someone got it for $1100

yeah in england, there's this thing called "squatters law"
they haven't changed it in centuries, btu anyway, if you live in an unused building for 10 years, you can claim it as your own, and it is legally yours.
some guy on london got something like a £600,000 apartment from that, because he'd been there illegally for 10 years.
amazing, but true

and to the guy who did this, amazing build for the budget, it just shows that if you give it time, you'll get what you're looking for Razz
and thanks for the paint tips too

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 14:19 Quote
JackK wrote:
erik74 wrote:

yeah in england, there's this thing called "squatters law"
they haven't changed it in centuries, btu anyway, if you live in an unused building for 10 years, you can claim it as your own, and it is legally yours.
some guy on london got something like a £600,000 apartment from that, because he'd been there illegally for 10 years.
amazing, but true

and to the guy who did this, amazing build for the budget, it just shows that if you give it time, you'll get what you're looking for Razz
and thanks for the paint tips too
ive heard of the squatters law, this was something completely different. the houses were bought by people (most likely loaned the money from a bank), then didnt pay theyre tax so the government takes the house, kicks them out, and gives it to whoever wil pay the tax thing. an american might know more about this than me

but thats funny, a £600,000 apartment, man thats expensive to lose

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.031172
Mobile Version of Website