Juicy Three brake help!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Juicy Three brake help!
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 7:27 Quote
OK so I have Juicy Three brakes and I have had them for only a little while now and when I go to apply the brakes, they have come to the point where you have to pull the brake lever in all the way to the grip for it to catch and work. How do I fix this? Do I need to bleed the brakes, or do I just need new pads, or is it something else?? Thanks a lot!

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 7:36 Quote
you need to bleed the brakes. getting new pads won't help.

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 10:07 Quote
try pushing the pistons back juicys are famous for this(right out of the factory) I would do that before i bled the brake

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 10:12 Quote
alright I might try that

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 10:17 Quote
If youve still got enough fluid in the system you can use the reach adjust on the lever to stop it pulling to the bar

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 13:55 Quote
Matt428 wrote:
If youve still got enough fluid in the system you can use the reach adjust on the lever to stop it pulling to the bar
reach adjust doesn't come on juicy 3's

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 14:00 Quote
use a flat headed screwdriver to push pistons back

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 14:01 Quote
the only help i can give you is to scrap them, had them on two bikes now and both had alot of problems....invest!!!!

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 14:02 Quote
wuudMTB wrote:
the only help i can give you is to scrap them, had them on two bikes now and both had alot of problems....invest!!!!

or you could repair them and save your money

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 14:43 Quote
When you guys keep saying push the pistons back, like what do you mean, like back where?, towards the disc or what?

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 14:55 Quote
DiamondbackBuddy209 wrote:
When you guys keep saying push the pistons back, like what do you mean, like back where?, towards the disc or what?

away from eachother

Posted: Oct 5, 2008 at 15:20 Quote
Larry2 wrote:
Matt428 wrote:
reach adjust doesn't come on juicy 3's
I may be using the wrong technical vocabulary but on juicy 3's you have a small allen key bolt just on the lever that you can wind in to decrease the volume of the lever's cylinder

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004999
Mobile Version of Website