The Bellingham Thread

PB Forum :: USA - West
The Bellingham Thread
Posted: Jan 21, 2018 at 13:20 Quote
Hey guys, I'm trying to put this out there everywhere I can.
Me and my girlfriend's bikes were stolen in Seattle a few days ago. Any help at all in getting them back would be awesome.

2018 XL Specialized Stumpjumper (has custom gold i9/stans flow rims, gold chromag stem)
2016 S Transition Scout (pretty standard, just added an e13 chainguide to the stock build)

If you see them on the trails or for sale somewhere, please let me know. Preferrably through PMs as I'm more likely to see it. Thanks

stolen specialized stumpjumper

stolen transition scout

Posted: Jan 24, 2018 at 18:48 Quote
Hey, checking in from Orcas Island. I'll probably be up in Bellingham this weekend and wanted to see what some good options are for riding when it's been this wet out. We'll probably either hit Galbraith or Chuckanut, depending on what might run better this time of year.
For those familiar with our trails, here on Orcas I'd typically run Cold Springs, North Arch, or any of the other hiking-turned-biking trails, not really into jumps so Powerline is out for me (except the bottom flow trail Smile ). So definitely looking for more "natural" trails rather than the flowy, bermy stuff but definitely open to suggestions!

Thanks all!

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 at 16:54 Quote
I'm coming down to Bellingham to ride on wednesday-thursday. Anyone want to meet up and hit the trails?
Big Grin

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 15:23 Quote
I would if I wasn't away for college. Will be around in the summer. There is a new trail past Atomic dog that is pretty fun, I prefer it over A dog because it has a few steep sections.

Posted: Apr 2, 2018 at 19:18 Quote
Does anyone know about having a frame painted locally or local-ish?
Google is coming up dry but I'd like to get some fresh paint on the ol' girl.
Have considered looking into powder coating but have heard more than a few horror stories involving the process being botched and the frame written off.

Posted: Apr 2, 2018 at 20:08 Quote
Check out Tony.

riptide wrote:
Have considered looking into powder coating but have heard more than a few horror stories involving the process being botched and the frame written off.

Posted: Apr 2, 2018 at 20:19 Quote
sngltrkmnd wrote:
Check out Tony.

Holy crap that stuff is nuts.
Aaaand way fancier than the single (albeit bright) color I envisioned.
And only local in the 'same coast' sense

Posted: Apr 3, 2018 at 6:21 Quote
riptide wrote:
Just rattle can it yourself. Check out the duplicolor translucent paint, they have it at AutoZone. I did my kid's bmx in the green and it looks rad. Just gotta take the time to do it right and it will look good.

Posted: Apr 3, 2018 at 6:30 Quote
Sonnis bmx
shami wrote:
riptide wrote:
Just rattle can it yourself. Check out the duplicolor translucent paint, they have it at AutoZone. I did my kid's bmx in the green and it looks rad. Just gotta take the time to do it right and it will look good.

Posted: Apr 4, 2018 at 4:41 Quote
riptide wrote:

https://www.bakerpowder.com/ These guys do a great job at a reasonable price for powder coating. It all depends on how much work will go into it but a hardtail frame was around 200-300 a few years back.

Posted: Apr 10, 2018 at 9:39 Quote
superdupertroper wrote:
riptide wrote:

https://www.bakerpowder.com/ These guys do a great job at a reasonable price for powder coating. It all depends on how much work will go into it but a hardtail frame was around 200-300 a few years back.
NO NO NO NO NO!
The guy who used to powder coat the frames is NOT THERE ANYMORE! They just hire and fire a bunch of random tweakers now. John is the guy who does the frames, and is now basically locked away as my private coater for the Recon Racks, lol
He's super slammed right now, and we are both getting ready to move shops so i don't think he currently has the time. Its EXTREMELY time consuming to do it right, and trust me, it's way too easy to do it so wrong!

Posted: May 4, 2018 at 20:10 Quote
New jump trails by cedar dust open??????

Posted: May 27, 2018 at 20:19 Quote
Beisenhauer05 wrote:
New jump trails by cedar dust open??????

Nope.

Posted: May 27, 2018 at 20:20 Quote
Sharing this info from WMBC's facebook page from noon on 5/26:

Just now got info about a cougar sighting today on Galby. They said they met a woman biker exiting Bandito at the north end (bottom of The Wall) around 11am who just encountered a large adult cougar while heading south on Bandito. She backed away from it, keeping her bike between them, and backed her way off the trail. Apparently it also backed away from her into the bushes.
Info credit: Bill Hasenjaeger

Posted: May 28, 2018 at 8:07 Quote
Is it just me or does the new jumpline by cedar dust look kinda insane? I'm excited that they are building bigger stuff but the run ups seem short and the momentum slow. I did say the same thing about the new updates on Uline. After hitting it a second time it was a lot better. Mohawk is looking really good and can't wait for it to open.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013684
Mobile Version of Website