The Bellingham Thread

PB Forum :: USA - West
The Bellingham Thread
Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 12:31 Quote
I've heard rumors that the new trail (off the top of Evo) is open now... anyone care to weigh in?

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 at 16:20 Quote
dkidd wrote:
I've heard rumors that the new trail (off the top of Evo) is open now... anyone care to weigh in?

It was open for a couple days then was re-closed when I went back up yesterday. There is a rumor that someone crashed really hard on it

Posted: Jun 23, 2018 at 7:42 Quote
We are up from Utah and was wondering if you Can you shuttle evo? Or how long of a pedal is it?

Posted: Jun 23, 2018 at 7:45 Quote
Remixdemo7 wrote:
We are up from Utah and was wondering if you Can you shuttle evo? Or how long of a pedal is it?
Can't shuttle, but it's a chill 30 minutes up the fire road, 40 minutes if you climb the 3 pigs (switchbacky trail).

*this is assuming you have a bike you can pedal.

Posted: Jun 23, 2018 at 7:53 Quote
Yes I have my smaller travel bike. We are going to whistler but wanted to try here is it worth it? I hear it’s pretty awesome!

Posted: Jun 23, 2018 at 7:54 Quote
We like to ride trail like dirt merchant. What are some suggestions

Posted: Jun 23, 2018 at 12:58 Quote
Remixdemo7 wrote:
We like to ride trail like dirt merchant. What are some suggestions
You aren't gonna find a Rollercoaster like Dirt Merch anywhere but whistler, but Unemployment Line and SST are very much worth checking out if you like airtime opportunities. There's also a new jump area off of Cedar dust which (if open) is really good.

Posted: Jun 23, 2018 at 19:54 Quote
Motoracer531 wrote:
dkidd wrote:

It was open for a couple days then was re-closed when I went back up yesterday. There is a rumor that someone crashed really hard on it

Not a rumour. Couple people ate shit real hard, some dude broke both wrists, so they had to rework a couple of the bigger/steeper ones. Not idea when it’ll open again.

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 14:34 Quote
Going to be in bellingham for the next few days!
Super stoked to check out the area for the first time. My brother and I were going to ride double black diamond and double down this afternoon but the next two days are gonna be up in galbraith, I was hoping you guys could recommend your favorite trails. Also if anyone would want to shuttle, let me know! I also heard awesome things about Wander brewery. Thanks already Beer

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 15:28 Quote
Irish Death and Evo are great, Pump Track is also fun. Rode Spacewolf not that long ago and I enjoyed it. Kinda a ways out but I did it on my DH bike so it's possible. SST is also another good one.

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 15:30 Quote
Space wolf, SST, evolution, atomic dog, unemployment line are all cool.

Aslan is my favourite brewery in town.

Posted: Jun 25, 2018 at 19:02 Quote
Download Trailforks to stay oriented on the mountain. You'll see there are two main access points to Galbraith - from the south and from the north. Personally, I prefer starting from the north and riding loops that end with SST to Backdoor. But really, you can't go wrong (unless you bring a DH bike - haha).

Wander is excellent - just won several national awards. It's dog-friendly and has a rotating selection of food trucks out front. It's only one of about 13 breweries here though - I also recommend Kulshan Brewing, Menace, Structure, and Aslan for their great patios. Boundary Bay is dependable, and Elizabeth Station is your stop if you want to check a bottle shop. If you're holding a joint subcommittee hearing, Herbal Legends is a short hop from Kulshan on James.

kev1n wrote:
Going to be in bellingham for the next few days!
Super stoked to check out the area for the first time. My brother and I were going to ride double black diamond and double down this afternoon but the next two days are gonna be up in galbraith, I was hoping you guys could recommend your favorite trails. Also if anyone would want to shuttle, let me know! I also heard awesome things about Wander brewery. Thanks already Beer

Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 11:20 Quote
Hey guys, moving up there from CO in the fall. Just looking for an opinion on bike shops, who is your favorite and why?

Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 19:58 Quote
I have.not had a bad experience at any Bham shop per se. Nearly all brands are represented. What do you ride? What needs do you have? The best suspension tech I know is Greg of Butter Suspension. He is down in Renton, but worth the annual trip for Reverb, fork, and shock rebuilds.

I
andnyleswillriot wrote:
Hey guys, moving up there from CO in the fall. Just looking for an opinion on bike shops, who is your favorite and why?

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 10:33 Quote
sngltrkmnd wrote:
I have.not had a bad experience at any Bham shop per se. Nearly all brands are represented. What do you ride? What needs do you have? The best suspension tech I know is Greg of Butter Suspension. He is down in Renton, but worth the annual trip for Reverb, fork, and shock rebuilds.

I
andnyleswillriot wrote:
I guess you answered my question for my main needs, which will be suspension. I can do just about everything myself except for suspension service and wheel truing (mostly since I don't have a stand).

I just ask since where I live there's definitely some shops with that kinda dick "cool guy" attitude. I can't stand that shit haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012415
Mobile Version of Website