The Bellingham Thread

PB Forum :: USA - West
The Bellingham Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Apr 5, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
kevinjesmain wrote:
If anyone is interested in going for a ride on Galbraith or somewhere else in the PNW tomorrow with a beginner send me a message!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/pnwmountainbikers/
-good place to ask as well.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 16:17 Quote
I'm hoping to get a couple of tires I'm looking at... the guy changed his mind about shipping and now it's pickup only in Victoria. Is there anyone who goes between that area and the mainland and could pick them up for me?

Posted: Jun 13, 2019 at 17:58 Quote
Care to share where you are willing to meet and what you're willing to compensate someone for this task?

mtbikeaddict wrote:
I'm hoping to get a couple of tires I'm looking at... the guy changed his mind about shipping and now it's pickup only in Victoria. Is there anyone who goes between that area and the mainland and could pick them up for me?

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
So, I was made aware that I was indefinite. My apologies, I will attempt to be more concise. Smile

I need inexpensive tires and am considering a pair in Victoria BC. I am in Snohomish County. I can of course travel to pick up; I'm not asking for a delivery, but naturally the closer to me the better. I can meet as far north as Bellingham (I occasionally visit, am willing, and a good friend who agreed to be a pick-up works there) or Anacortes (I work there periodically).

For CAN people, if it's a deal breaker and the only way I can get tires, I'll cross the border, maybe up to about Van, but if at all possible I'd rather not.

I suppose compensation would depend on the situation eg how far out of the way it is/ how far/long someone travels/how much work they put in... of course everything will be specified and finalized beforehand; leaving someone hanging is absolutely not my plan. As a general idea, I guesstimate with what the guy wants, I could throw in $5-15 extra to cover gas/a bit of time, depending on the tire price... past that it'd be less expensive to get more expensive tires closer to home. Of course I wouldn't expect someone to pay for a ferry ticket just for my tires, say... nothing absurd like that, I'm reasonable. Big Grin I was just wondering if someone was already going that route. Smile

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018979
Mobile Version of Website