The Bellingham Thread

PB Forum :: USA - West
The Bellingham Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 2, 2019 at 15:35 Quote
sngltrkmnd wrote:
I think Transition has a regular night ride but that might be a winter season thing. Did you check with Kona and/or Fanatik? Stop in - great shops too.

ipedalhard wrote:
vesania wrote:
I believe Trek does a weekly ride on Wednesday evenings.

Right on! I just messaged them and plan to join. Moved here a month ago and I ride almost daily, but want to ride with others. Appreciate the recommendation!

I've stopped by Fanatik a couple times, I plan to visit all the shops in the area. I reached out to Trek and plan on going on their Wednesday night rides!

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 19:43 Quote
I've been born and raised in Bellingham and love the riding seen. I grew up on Austin Street and still remember my older brother running up the back side of Galbraith for high school XC practice and pushing me on my old 1 speed bmx bike up the steeper logging roads.

Since then times have changed, the biking has got better. Larger community of riders AND diggers. The trail maintenance is top notch. It's crazy how great of shape the trails are in and how well the greater Bellingham biking community has done at maintaining rapport with the Bellingham city and Whatcom County to promote biking in our community.

As things have changed in my adult life I've had the opportunity to build a tiny house a few years back and move closer to Galbraith Mountain in the last year. Recently, my wife and I listed our tiny house (which we live in most of the time) on Airbnb as a way to share the tiny house experience AND our beautiful mountain with those from out of town. We are within 500ft of the Galbraith Lane side access of the biking trails. If you're planning a trip to Bellingham, reach out to us...we'd love to share our little slice of heaven with you!

------------------------------------------------

#TinyGalbraith - Mt Biking Paradise - Tiny House
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/37316616

Posted: Oct 10, 2019 at 7:17 Quote
Emotional rollercoaster there.

Ooh, it's a story!

Oh wow, it's a feel good post thanking the builders.

No, it's a tale of overcoming lifes challenges and returning triumphantly to one's MTB roots.

No, wait, it's an ad.

Posted: Oct 13, 2019 at 20:35 Quote
Hey everyone, I am new to the area (moved here two months ago) and loving it so far! I was curious as to what riding in the winter is like. I am assuming its wet, but how often can you ride? Does it get super greasy and sloppy? Also, what do people recommend wearing for winter riding?

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 15:02 Quote
605endurbro wrote:
Hey everyone, I am new to the area (moved here two months ago) and loving it so far! I was curious as to what riding in the winter is like. I am assuming its wet, but how often can you ride? Does it get super greasy and sloppy? Also, what do people recommend wearing for winter riding?

You can ride all winter save for the few days there is a healthy amount of snow. Yes, it’s wet and sloppy- learning how to ride roots in the wet takes a bit, but once you get it, you get it. I bought a pair of Royal Racing’s storm pants and some waterproof shoes and its a game changer, everything stays dry and warm, and best part when you strip them off at the car everything underneath is clean and dry. Winter riding gloves are also really nice. Upper body just layer appropriately for the temperature. Good tires like Maxxis 3C maxxgrip will help with the slippery roots. Get some simple green drive train degreaser and just be ready to hose down your pants, jacket, shoes, and bike every ride, which means you have to be extra loving to your drive train and bearings afterward.

Posted: Nov 8, 2019 at 8:55 Quote
It's against the rules to sell stuff in the forums, so I will cordially invite anyone in the Bellingham area to come and view some fancy 2019 demo bikes at Fanatik on Saturday. Perhaps test ride one too?

It's entirely likely that, were they to be sold at some point, they would be under cost and still carry full manufacturers warranty. Hypothetically, of course.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007642
Mobile Version of Website