The Bellingham Thread

PB Forum :: USA - West
The Bellingham Thread
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Aug 16, 2020 at 13:03 Quote
What's the first rule about fight club?

I don't ride that crazy stuff, but I bet if you move here , ride and dig through the darker seasons and make some friends...

Posted: Aug 18, 2020 at 10:41 Quote
colbycg wrote:
Hey sorry not trying to get y'all exposed just wondering if its out there haha. I am looking for a new place to move and Bellingham is up there, I ride a lot and would love to move to a spot with the best biking possible close at hand.

I'm just across the border but have ridden a lot in Bellingham. I would live there if I could. Fantastic town with great riding, nice people, amazing beer, and solid Mexican food. Do it...

Posted: Aug 18, 2020 at 13:47 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
colbycg wrote:
Hey sorry not trying to get y'all exposed just wondering if its out there haha. I am looking for a new place to move and Bellingham is up there, I ride a lot and would love to move to a spot with the best biking possible close at hand.

I'm just across the border but have ridden a lot in Bellingham. I would live there if I could. Fantastic town with great riding, nice people, amazing beer, and solid Mexican food. Do it...

I would agree with you for the most part except for the Mexican food, most of it is mediocre at best. Drive a little South to Burlington/ Mount Vernon area and it's much better.

Posted: Aug 18, 2020 at 14:00 Quote
Hmm... El Agave near the university is pretty darn good. And their carne asada lunch special is killer. If you get there between two and three you double up with the lunch special and happy hour.

Posted: Aug 18, 2020 at 14:14 Quote
Good to know, perhaps I'll give it another try. I ate there once a number of years ago and wasn't too impressed but perhaps it's changed. There are a few good taco trucks but for big gut bomb American style Mexican food El Gitano is my first choice.

whitebirdfeathers wrote:
Hmm... El Agave near the university is pretty darn good. And their carne asada lunch special is killer. If you get there between two and three you double up with the lunch special and happy hour.

Posted: Aug 18, 2020 at 18:39 Quote
Mt Vernon and Skagit Co definitely have excellent Mexican food. La Cocina is awesome, and so is Mariposa in Edison. Bham can hold it’s own though: +1 for Mi Rancho, Netos Market (these two also have butchers), Tadeos, Taco Lobo (these two are downtown), and a vote also for New Mexico Tamale Co in Ferndale.

Posted: Aug 19, 2020 at 7:06 Quote
Taqueria Los Jarritos in Burlington is rad although I haven't been down there for a while. I agree, Mi Rancho is good and I've heard the same about Netos but not been there. Tadeos is decent but I've been disappointed there a few times. I had the worst fish tacos I've ever had at Taco Lobo and swore I'd never eat there again but that was probably almost 20 years ago, shortly after I moved up here from Skagit, so maybe I should let go of my grudge and give them another chance.

sngltrkmnd wrote:
Mt Vernon and Skagit Co definitely have excellent Mexican food. La Cocina is awesome, and so is Mariposa in Edison. Bham can hold it’s own though: +1 for Mi Rancho, Netos Market (these two also have butchers), Tadeos, Taco Lobo (these two are downtown), and a vote also for New Mexico Tamale Co in Ferndale.

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 17:15 Quote
The only good burritos I have found are at Netos Market & Bakery. Their California and carne asada burritos are almost as good as the good ones down in San Diego where I used to live. You can also buy good marinated meat there also if you want to grill some yourself. Also, so many of the restaurants here use crappy tortillas (taste like mission brand) but Neto's are excellent.

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 17:16 Quote
sngltrkmnd wrote:
Mt Vernon and Skagit Co definitely have excellent Mexican food. La Cocina is awesome, and so is Mariposa in Edison. Bham can hold it’s own though: +1 for Mi Rancho, Netos Market (these two also have butchers), Tadeos, Taco Lobo (these two are downtown), and a vote also for New Mexico Tamale Co in Ferndale.

Thanks for the list. I am excited to try some others

Posted: Sep 28, 2020 at 18:48 Quote
I’m always down for a California burrito. That’s pretty much all I eat in San Diego.

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 17:20 Quote
Hey everyone, thinking about making a trip to orcas island over thanksgiving. Anyone have recommendations for where to stay, places to eat, tap houses/breweries? Recommended routes for the trails out there?

Posted: Nov 2, 2020 at 20:09 Quote
Rosario Resort is pretty cool

As for riding Constitution - when I’ve done it we parked at bottom, climbed road a bit and took that connector climb trail to Summit View to Mountain Lake. Then after back to the car we took turns shuttling the Power Line trail

Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 21:46 Quote
Does anyone know any good dj spots besides the pump tracks, the den, and the terrace?
Just curious if there’s a new spot to ride.

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006024
Mobile Version of Website