The Bellingham Thread

PB Forum :: USA - West
The Bellingham Thread
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: May 7, 2021 at 10:41 Quote
Industry insider tells me Vail (owner) made the call not to reopen it this year. I presume that's permanent, and that sucks. Brace yourself, Darrington!

nw-rhb wrote:
EKrum wrote:
Anyone have inside word on if the bike park at Stevens will open this summer?
Last I heard, they are shutting down the bike park

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 12:46 Quote
Hi All, I was planning a trip out to Whistler that looks like its going to be canceled due to the boarder closure. Since i already have flights booked to Seattle and a vehicle rented, i figured, rather than go through the hassle of canceling I'd try to find some where else to ride in the PNW.

All signs point to Bellingham for some of the best biking the north west has to offer. The only problem I'm having now is trying to find a bike. I was planning on renting a bike at whistler but am struggling to find places that rent mountain bikes outside of ski hills (Stevens pass will be missed). I really don't want to haul my bike along with me for just 2 days of riding.

Anyone have any insight on places that will rent/ demo bikes in Bellingham?

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 13:16 Quote
mikenjr103 wrote:
Hi All, I was planning a trip out to Whistler that looks like its going to be canceled due to the boarder closure. Since i already have flights booked to Seattle and a vehicle rented, i figured, rather than go through the hassle of canceling I'd try to find some where else to ride in the PNW.

All signs point to Bellingham for some of the best biking the north west has to offer. The only problem I'm having now is trying to find a bike. I was planning on renting a bike at whistler but am struggling to find places that rent mountain bikes outside of ski hills (Stevens pass will be missed). I really don't want to haul my bike along with me for just 2 days of riding.

Anyone have any insight on places that will rent/ demo bikes in Bellingham?

Before I moved here, I rented bikes from Kona to test out the trails. I think they had the best prices and it worked out well. Fanatik bikes will also rent bikes I believe and have some nice demo ones also.

Note that the Double Down trail (in the chuckanut area of bellingham) is shuttleable. In the past, there were guys with vans/trucks at the bottom who you guy pay to take people to the top; not sure if that is still the case. But currently, there are a bunch of people shuttling that trail on the weekend and you could probably get a ride from someone.

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 11:11 Quote
vesania wrote:
mikenjr103 wrote:
Hi All, I was planning a trip out to Whistler that looks like its going to be canceled due to the boarder closure. Since i already have flights booked to Seattle and a vehicle rented, i figured, rather than go through the hassle of canceling I'd try to find some where else to ride in the PNW.

All signs point to Bellingham for some of the best biking the north west has to offer. The only problem I'm having now is trying to find a bike. I was planning on renting a bike at whistler but am struggling to find places that rent mountain bikes outside of ski hills (Stevens pass will be missed). I really don't want to haul my bike along with me for just 2 days of riding.

Anyone have any insight on places that will rent/ demo bikes in Bellingham?

Before I moved here, I rented bikes from Kona to test out the trails. I think they had the best prices and it worked out well. Fanatik bikes will also rent bikes I believe and have some nice demo ones also.

Note that the Double Down trail (in the chuckanut area of bellingham) is shuttleable. In the past, there were guys with vans/trucks at the bottom who you guy pay to take people to the top; not sure if that is still the case. But currently, there are a bunch of people shuttling that trail on the weekend and you could probably get a ride from someone.

Awesome, Thanks for the Info! I will look into it!

Posted: Aug 10, 2021 at 19:04 Quote
Anyone in the area have an XL (or even a large) Trek Rail I might be able to pedal around a driveway? I’ve never ridden one and am interested to see what all the hype is about. (Trek dealer has none in stock. The store will gladly order me one with 50% down, but I can’t test one in advance).

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 15:57 Quote
I’ve got three surplus wheel boxes in my garage. Does anybody need one (or three)? Pick up in Sudden Valley.

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 17:32 Quote
Heading to Bellingham for Oct 1-3. Any recommendations on breakfast burritos and bars? (3rd timing trying to post this. Hope it doesn’t duplicate)

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 18:15 Quote
Elisabeth Station has amazing beers and some food. Lots of really good breweries around too. I like Aslan for a beer and burger.

Posted: Feb 20, 2022 at 22:34 Quote
Maybe a weird request, but I’m looking for recommendations on any fun flow trails or jumps lines that would be reasonably approachable on a single speed DJ bike. I’m getting back into riding more now after a few years and I’m not trying to hurt myself, just looking for some good flow. I know Bellingham has some nice dirt jump spots, which I might check out while I’m up there, I usually prefer being in the woods on trails though.

Posted: Feb 20, 2022 at 23:13 Quote
Cedar Dust jump lines.


singlespeedtoday wrote:
Maybe a weird request, but I’m looking for recommendations on any fun flow trails or jumps lines that would be reasonably approachable on a single speed DJ bike. I’m getting back into riding more now after a few years and I’m not trying to hurt myself, just looking for some good flow. I know Bellingham has some nice dirt jump spots, which I might check out while I’m up there, I usually prefer being in the woods on trails though.

Posted: Feb 21, 2022 at 7:19 Quote
Waypoint Park.

singlespeedtoday wrote:
Maybe a weird request, but I’m looking for recommendations on any fun flow trails or jumps lines that would be reasonably approachable on a single speed DJ bike. I’m getting back into riding more now after a few years and I’m not trying to hurt myself, just looking for some good flow. I know Bellingham has some nice dirt jump spots, which I might check out while I’m up there, I usually prefer being in the woods on trails though.

Posted: Mar 22, 2022 at 10:58 Quote
sngltrkmnd wrote:
Waypoint Park.

singlespeedtoday wrote:
Maybe a weird request, but I’m looking for recommendations on any fun flow trails or jumps lines that would be reasonably approachable on a single speed DJ bike. I’m getting back into riding more now after a few years and I’m not trying to hurt myself, just looking for some good flow. I know Bellingham has some nice dirt jump spots, which I might check out while I’m up there, I usually prefer being in the woods on trails though.
'


Also the Civic Field jumps are being rebuilt/buffed. There will be a more standardized small to big set progression.

Posted: Mar 22, 2022 at 11:56 Quote
Thanks for the recommendations! Can’t wait to get out there again!

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 8:46 Quote
https://www.stevenspass.com/

Bike park looks to be back, anyone know anything about days/hours they will operate or any work on trail updates?

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006814
Mobile Version of Website