fantaman wrote:
slincoln wrote:
AmirB wrote:
throw it off a cliff
i agree

i also agree
agree

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 10:32 Quote
The very best bike in the world is............................................... the one you're riding right now.
Ride it, enjoy it, crash it, thrash it and then get a better bike when you progress beyond it's capabilities. You don't need to spend a fortune for your first bike to become a great rider. Just make sure you keep all the fasteners tightened if you take it onto the dirt.

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 10:33 Quote
My friend had a bike very much like that Woolworths one - an Apollo, we took it off road and after 1 hour it had fallen apart; the bearings in both wheels had come loose, the cranks were wobbling, the handlebars had almost completely fallen out of the stem and one of the grips fell off - my friend was still nailing it down the hills as fast as he could despite this, much to our amusement!
I don't know how though, it was insanely hard to ride as the handlebars just dangled freely and weren't at all connected to the bike, the cranks and wheels wobbled everywhere as well, it was bloody terrible!

Please don't take your bike off road m8, it seriously isn't safe, it is designed to look like a real full-sus bike but isn't capable as one, you would have been better off paying for something without suspension for the rice you paid, but as its too late now - have fun riding it!

Posted: Oct 15, 2008 at 18:42 Quote
ibisrox wrote:
The very best bike in the world is............................................... the one you're riding right now.
Ride it, enjoy it, crash it, thrash it and then get a better bike when you progress beyond it's capabilities. You don't need to spend a fortune for your first bike to become a great rider. Just make sure you keep all the fasteners tightened if you take it onto the dirt.
its so true. i hate it when my friend asks me if i like/love his bike. i always answers, i like mine more, but thats cuz its mine. if u like it, thats what counts.

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 19:22 Quote
dude, i dont think its worth paying the money for a new stem on this ride my man.

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
i saw a guy at whistler on one of thoose type's of bikes shredding a-line, i was shooting down it and he was on my tail, we were actually passing people this truly does mean that its not the bike its the rider

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
BarqsRootBEEEEEEER wrote:
i saw a guy at whistler on one of thoose type's of bikes shredding a-line, i was shooting down it and he was on my tail, we were actually passing people this truly does mean that its not the bike its the rider
its nice to know what the bike can take though, high end bikes are tested. bikes like that are pretty much out together and sold

Posted: Nov 7, 2008 at 23:36 Quote
robbie7127 wrote:
JREh wrote:
Shit like that doesn't deserve to be called a mountain bike. Get your money back, do some research and buy a real bike.

Don't see any pictures of your bike on your profile, so what do you ride then???

Why do you have to be so negative towards this kid, he is as stoked as any of us to be getting a new bike, and just wanted to share his happiness with other riders. Its people like you (and the other people who cussed it) who give us bikers a bad name.

So what if he can't afford to spend $10000 on a bike, I am sure you can't either, there will always be someone with a "better' (more expensive) bike out there, doesn't mean they enjoy the sport more than everyone else.

I ride a A Line, I could have afforded any bike I wanted, but chose something I wanted, and if I ever see a noob who shows a interest I try to take time and let them have a blast on my bike, or give them a few tips.

Wake up you fool, you are this sports future try to act like a ambassodor for us!
Well said, Robbie, I'm glad you called him on it. 100%, fully agree.

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 8:11 Quote
I still think he would be better of buying a hardtail. Thats just a waste of money.

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 17:16 Quote
Get a name-brand, low-end hardtail for starters. A little more expensive, but it is actually capable of what it looks like. It's really funny seeing people with their "downhill" supercycles, knowing that their bike is just a waste of metal and money, incapable of doing the most basic of trail riding. I remember all the trouble and money I had to go through to get those bikes maintained. I swear they where designed to fail. My current bike is a Norco Wolverine 08 (great starter bike), and I am now looking forward to a Specialized Stumpjumper HT comp (can't wait!).

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
vertex112 wrote:
Get a name-brand, low-end hardtail for starters. A little more expensive, but it is actually capable of what it looks like. It's really funny seeing people with their "downhill" supercycles, knowing that their bike is just a waste of metal and money, incapable of doing the most basic of trail riding. I remember all the trouble and money I had to go through to get those bikes maintained. I swear they where designed to fail. My current bike is a Norco Wolverine 08 (great starter bike), and I am now looking forward to a Specialized Stumpjumper HT comp (can't wait!).
i once read a department store bike is designed to travel 75 miles, then be thrown out... that actually makes sense though, they break within 75 miles, and most people wont bother to get them fixed...

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 17:28 Quote
ibisrox wrote:
thats not always true

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 17:39 Quote
RM396 wrote:
ibisrox wrote:
thats not always true
but what he's saying is it doesnt really matter what you ride, as long as you do...

for example, i remember seeing a vid of ryan leech (world class trials rider) back when trials wasnt as big and all. he was riding a bike with what appeared to be about a 20" seat tube. there wasnt really a trials specific bike back then, so he made do. if you cant afford a nice bike, you make do with what you have. money isnt everything...

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 17:41 Quote
erik74 wrote:
RM396 wrote:
ibisrox wrote:
thats not always true
but what he's saying is it doesnt really matter what you ride, as long as you do...
i get that... im just saying that if you're riding a supercycle at the moment, it's obviously not as good as some "other" bike.
which is pretty f*cking logical.

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 18:37 Quote
RM396 wrote:
erik74 wrote:
RM396 wrote:

thats not always true
i get that... im just saying that if you're riding a supercycle at the moment, it's obviously not as good as some "other" bike.
which is pretty f*cking logical.
ok, just checking...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017000
Mobile Version of Website