My new full suspension bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
My new full suspension bike
Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 18:44 Quote
RM396 wrote:
erik74 wrote:
RM396 wrote:

thats not always true
but what he's saying is it doesnt really matter what you ride, as long as you do...
i get that... im just saying that if you're riding a supercycle at the moment, it's obviously not as good as some "other" bike.
which is pretty f*cking logical.

Agreed. It is the bike you choose for the price you want to pay that makes all the difference. 300$ Supercycle vs 300$ Norco. the Norco will at least last you 3 years, and not require maintenance every time you hit a curb... Big difference in quality. All the department store bikes try to do is "BLING" out the bikes so that they can sell more. FULL-SUPER-AWESOME-SUSPENSION, SUPER HEAVY DUTY TUBING, ULTRA-WIDE F&*@ING TIRES, are all marketing for the supercycles, but completely useless because they are not exactly capable of what they are marketed to do.

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 18:48 Quote
vertex112 wrote:
RM396 wrote:
erik74 wrote:

but what he's saying is it doesnt really matter what you ride, as long as you do...
i get that... im just saying that if you're riding a supercycle at the moment, it's obviously not as good as some "other" bike.

Agreed. It is the bike you choose for the price you want to pay that makes all the difference. 300$ Supercycle vs 300$ Norco. the Norco will at least last you 3 years, and not require maintenance every time you hit a curb... Big difference in quality. All the department store bikes try to do is "BLING" out the bikes so that they can sell more. FULL-SUPER-AWESOME-SUSPENSION, SUPER HEAVY DUTY TUBING, ULTRA-WIDE F&*@ING TIRES, are all marketing for the supercycles.
i love the ones that say, "Shimano equiped" or whatever, cuz usually its the super low end stuff that you can buy. like lower than Tourney...

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 18:51 Quote
xxFreaksterxx wrote:
foxmtbing wrote:
hamina777 wrote:
Captain Obvious wishes to point out that he might not be able to afford one of your blinged-out rigs. I don't see what the problem with those kinds of bikes is for new riders. It helps you to not rely on the bike for saving your ass when you mess up.

Yeah some of the comments above were a bit too harsh. He's new give him a break. Everybody starts somewhere.

but still shouldve started witha hardtail i think
+5

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 19:00 Quote
erik74 wrote:
vertex112 wrote:
RM396 wrote:

Agreed. It is the bike you choose for the price you want to pay that makes all the difference. 300$ Supercycle vs 300$ Norco. the Norco will at least last you 3 years, and not require maintenance every time you hit a curb... Big difference in quality. All the department store bikes try to do is "BLING" out the bikes so that they can sell more. FULL-SUPER-AWESOME-SUSPENSION, SUPER HEAVY DUTY TUBING, ULTRA-WIDE F&*@ING TIRES, are all marketing for the supercycles.
i love the ones that say, "Shimano equiped" or whatever, cuz usually its the super low end stuff that you can buy. like lower than Tourney...

I want to try the (yellow sway bar with blue Frame) Full-suspension supercycle Hooligan Downhill, and actually taking it downhill. It's got the frame, right?
http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/yrk/bik/853972064.html (sorry, hard to find an image)

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 19:03 Quote
erik74 wrote:
vertex112 wrote:
RM396 wrote:

some dumb shit at my school bought a Supercycle Hooligan which weighs like 500 pounds, it's almost heavier than my friends Atomik... On the top tube, there is a sticker that says "LightWeight Aluminium".

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 19:14 Quote
[/Quote]
Agreed. It is the bike you choose for the price you want to pay that makes all the difference. 300$ Supercycle vs 300$ Norco. the Norco will at least last you 3 years, and not require maintenance every time you hit a curb... Big difference in quality. All the department store bikes try to do is "BLING" out the bikes so that they can sell more. FULL-SUPER-AWESOME-SUSPENSION, SUPER HEAVY DUTY TUBING, ULTRA-WIDE F&*@ING TIRES, are all marketing for the supercycles, but completely useless because they are not exactly capable of what they are marketed to do.[/Quote]

made my f*ing day lol

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 19:23 Quote
RM396 wrote:
erik74 wrote:
vertex112 wrote:

some dumb shit at my school bought a Supercycle Hooligan which weighs like 500 pounds, it's almost heavier than my friends Atomik... On the top tube, there is a sticker that says "LightWeight Aluminium".

Not even Stickers can mask the horror within....

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 19:32 Quote
"Dual suspension lightweight aluminum bike with Y-frame swing arm. Mercalli Downhill front suspension fork. Available in 18 and 20" frames with 26 x 2.3" oversized aggressive tread tires. Shimano Tourney front and rear derailleurs"

from the Canadian Tire website

Ughhh! it shocks me how f*cking tards can enjoy this piece of shit bike.

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 19:35 Quote
RM396 wrote:

Get the f*ck out of here. You don't understand how someone can enjoy a bike? What are you even doing on this site?

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 19:37 Quote
RM396 wrote:
"Dual suspension lightweight aluminum bike with Y-frame swing arm. Mercalli Downhill front suspension fork. Available in 18 and 20" frames with 26 x 2.3" oversized aggressive tread tires. Shimano Tourney front and rear derailleurs"

from the Canadian Tire website

So each part is worth under 10 dollars? I would be AFRAID of riding that thing on ANYTHING ELSE but the Road, and even then, It would probably self-destruct upon impact of anything more than 10cm high. Their slogan should be, "Designed to hurt you. more then you've ever been hurt before."

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 19:49 Quote
Or like "2 in 1 special offer! Shit bike with a free seat-integrated-assf*ck dildo!"

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 19:56 Quote
3 things:

i love watching people get all excited cuz their getting a new "bike" at like walmart, zellers, or Canadian tire.

listening to people bitch because something broke and the store wont do anything about it.

being in a bike shop, and some one comes in with a dep. store bike, and they ask the mech. if they can get a certain part fixed, and without hesitation he responds, no, you'll have to take it back and get a different one. especially when its actually fixable...

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 20:03 Quote
erik74 wrote:
3 things:

i love watching people get all excited cuz their getting a new "bike" at like walmart, zellers, or Canadian tire.

listening to people bitch because something broke and the store wont do anything about it.

being in a bike shop, and some one comes in with a dep. store bike, and they ask the mech. if they can get a certain part fixed, and without hesitation he responds, no, you'll have to take it back and get a different one. especially when its actually fixable...

But that's how the bike shops make their money! They repair all the walmart bikes!

+ it is funny watching them pop their tubes off nearly anything. I have yet to pop my tube and I have rode my Norco MUCH harder than my old supercycle. DJ's, XC, some light DH, and the tubes are still hole-less.

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 20:08 Quote
vertex112 wrote:
erik74 wrote:
3 things:

But that's how the bike shops make their money! They repair all the walmart bikes!

+ it is funny watching them pop their tubes off nearly anything. I have yet to pop my tube and I have rode my Norco MUCH harder than my old supercycle. DJ's, XC, some light DH, and the tubes are still hole-less.
true, but they had plenty of other real bikes to fix, they told me they were swamped for the next 6 hours, and they were gonna get plenty of customers over the next 6 hours, obviously...

but just the look on the kids face, it was hilarious, then he was all sad and his mom was trying to be like, alright, we'll just go take it back then, its alright!

Posted: Nov 8, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
wrote:
RM396 wrote:

Get the f*ck out of here. You don't understand how someone can enjoy a bike? What are you even doing on this site?
Shit so many funnys on the thread man if i were you id shut up now lol not dubhex other man.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022193
Mobile Version of Website