Found DH bike on the road last year

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Found DH bike on the road last year
Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 7:21 Quote
everybody is saying "dude you have no morals you suck" and assuming that hes a bad person for not returning it right away. What would you do? Seriously, you just assume he didnt know it was klassens? caaaman. there are many possibilities. In the end he ended up doing the right thing. You would expect some sort of reward. And you got one. I think thats pretty much end thread

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 7:26 Quote
are you kidding duude, 1/2 the yetis out there are over 2000 such as the seven which ahs a frame only value of 1900 and the 575
emubritish wrote:
as you said it was over $2000 new, the only yeti that expensive is the 303...
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.perubike.com/latienda/yeti/yeti303%20copy.jpg
and for returning that beauty i would have at least expected a good pic with him, or a riding lesson Wink

but hey, you did the right thing, and you did get a shirt

and to the guy who said there were 3, i know they are rare, but in colorado where they are made, there are plenty... ive seen a dozen or so myself, as there is a race team out of one of the local shops that have many riders on 303s

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 7:31 Quote
i would of asked for more than a tee shirtEmo

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 7:34 Quote
Wow you guys are ripping on him pretty hard for doing the right thing. Hes just saying he thinks he should of gotten more than a tee since theres gas and taking a whole day off to do this. Yeah Tyler should of gotten it himself, but whatever.

And to those people who go "WHAT DO YOU EXPECT LOL?!??" f*ck you. He wasnt maliciously keeping the bike and Tyler didnt have to fight to get it.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 7:37 Quote
grambiker wrote:
everybody is saying "dude you have no morals you suck" and assuming that hes a bad person for not returning it right away. What would you do? Seriously, you just assume he didnt know it was klassens? caaaman. there are many possibilities. In the end he ended up doing the right thing. You would expect some sort of reward. And you got one. I think thats pretty much end thread

it was posted on the site when it happened, many sites actually, it was also a major forum topic on those sites for a while. It had tylers name on the top tube, it was 1 of 3 303's in the area (and again had his name on it). 5 minutes of actually trying to find out whos it was would have been enough to figure out whos it was on any major forum or searching the name on the top tube?

so what should you do that you only go a t-shirt? be f*ckin happy you got anythingeven if you didnt somehow get the idea it was his, your lucky you dad kept it locked in the shed. 5 minutes on that thing at the local hill and youd be going to the hospital, other riders would have known whos it was when they saw it, and forcefully removed it from your fingers, ive seen it happen. most riders dont take kindly to people that pull that sh*t

also very smart move on your part, if you think that pro's, including tyler dont come on this site, and even on this forum, your sadly mistaken, and if he see's this im sure he'll be very impressed with the kid who found his bikes amazing sense of honesty and that fact that that kid is not greedy and selfish at all. kudos sugar

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 7:44 Quote
bomberdave wrote:
it was posted on the site when it happened, many sites actually, it was also a major forum topic on those sites for a while. It had tylers name on the top tube, it was 1 of 3 303's in the area (and again had his name on it). 5 minutes of actually trying to find out whos it was would have been enough to figure out whos it was on any major forum or searching the name on the top tube?

so what should you do that you only go a t-shirt? be f*ckin happy you got anythingeven if you didnt somehow get the idea it was his, your lucky you dad kept it locked in the shed. 5 minutes on that thing at the local hill and youd be going to the hospital, other riders would have known whos it was when they saw it, and forcefully removed it from your fingers, ive seen it happen. most riders dont take kindly to people that pull that sh*t

also very smart move on your part, if you think that pro's, including tyler dont come on this site, and even on this forum, your sadly mistaken, and if he see's this im sure he'll be very impressed with the kid who found his bikes amazing sense of honesty and that fact that that kid is not greedy and selfish at all. kudos sugar

this is how it is, put rightly. lucky he didn't show up at the hill on the wrong day.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 7:50 Quote
Truth is, no good deeds go unpunished, Karma (and all that new age bullshit) is bogus, if it was real then next time you (O.P) lose a bike it will definately come back to you, but guess what, it probably wont.

Still, I agree, returning it was the right thing to do. But I cant say what i'd have done myself knowing the owner hadnt paid for it and would get another free one, if the owner had worked hard for it and would have had to pay to replace it, then I'd return it no doubt.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 8:07 Quote
this has gotta be bullcrap lol

if its not, then im sorry but come one - people would have heard about it. and also who 'finds' a bike at the side of the higway.

my dogs just wagged its tail 7 times, he knows this is fake too!!

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 8:17 Quote
I'll tell you who deserves a reward here...

The guy who lost a ~$7000 bike out of the back of his truck... he gets a big 'ol Darwin Award!! Good thing the incident didn't cause a wreck!

Unless i smell an insurance claim.. then maybe it'll just be left to Karma afterall.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 8:26 Quote
Once again I refer you to the bottom few posts on page 2 of this thread:
www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=5772&pagenum=2

"ive seen it. my bro tried it at sun peaks in kamloops for about 5 min. so plush. the dude said that it was Tyler klassens old bike."

"YA i rode it in kamloops for a few minutes, not quite as nice as i'd expected for a 3400 dollar frame. and like the others have said, high maintenance."

So taking it to the hill, letting all your buddies ride it and telling them its Klassens old bike..... you got more than a t-shirt from the sounds of it

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 8:29 Quote
is Klassen still on a Yeti?

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 8:34 Quote
Cove4Life wrote:
is Klassen still on a Yeti?

No he was on giant this year.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 8:35 Quote
Not knowing Tyler but having met peeps who use their name as their business, they can be quite protective about it. Just letting people know that this thread could very easily turn into a "slander" fest.
The bike wasn't yours, you returned it good on ya. Leave it at that and if you are that upset then don't support Tyler in the future. Boycott products that he represents, videos he's in, stuff like that, but to publicly (and post it on line) deface a guy that uses his name as his business wouldn't be a wise move.

FYI. This is the definition of extortion from Wiki. That should answer your question about what to do.

"Extortion or outwresting is a criminal offense, which occurs when a person either obtains money, property or services from another through coercion or intimidation or threatens one with physical or reputational harm unless they are paid money or property."

My .02.

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 8:35 Quote
Nope he works at Bike Brewery in abbotsford and is riding a giant reign. (giant is the main company that the shop sells)pretty sure he isn't pro anymore, just riding for the fun of it

Posted: Nov 16, 2007 at 8:57 Quote
brule wrote:
Well from the looks of Tyler's bike, you got to ride it for a while and enjoy it. I also heard that you took your time returning it (when there are only like 3 of those bikes around, its not tough to figure out who owns it) to the owner. I personally would not expect anything in return for finding another rider's bike that had fallen off their truck. I'd simply return it and be stoked that if that had happened to me that someone would do the same. WHat more would you like?
Brule, common man. You cant be serious. If Someone a.k.a Super T is stupid enought to LOSE their rig then they should have at very minimum offered the kid a cash reward or some free gear or something. Simply returning it and being stoked that you helped someone out is silly because if it was 7/10 of the riders out there the owner would have got screwed, at least admit that. At least the kid stepped up and made the effort to retun it to him. Shit, Super T probly didnt even pay for that rig, but if he had lost it how would he have explained that to YETI? Uhh, sorry, you guys were cool enough to sponsor me and give me free gear and I lost a 10 000 dollar rig that you gave me because I was to f*cking absent minded to properly secure it in the truck. I dont think a 500 dollar reward should have been out of the question, especially since the kid drove it back to him. Shit, at least pay the kids gas.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016687
Mobile Version of Website