BMX Mods

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
BMX Mods
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
Post your mods that are for weight, look of other, and how you did it. I'll start;

Mod 1 : Wedge Mod

Wedge Mods are getting very popular these days. Get an oldschool stem wedge and bolt. Cut your post in the angle of the wedge, swap up the bolt from you seat to the one from the stem and tighten that sh*t up. IMPORTANT!!! GREASE UP THE BOLTS AND TUBE! Drilling holes is optional Big Grin

photo

photo

photo

photo

Mod 1.1: Seat Tube Cutting

This mod goes hand in hand with wedge mods. IMPORTANT!!!! DONT DO THIS IF YOU DONT HAVE A WEDGE MOD! Big Grin Just provides a clean look and helps you slam your seat further. Can help to catch whips or no cans, if your seat is completly slammed.

photo

Mod 2 : Anti Crank Spinner

This mod is great for No-Footed Tricks. This will keep your cranks from spinning without over-tightening your cranks or chain. Cut out either old tires or tubes into circles with holes big enough for your spindle. Next, remove your drive side crank and place the tube or tire circle against the BB. After you put your crank on tighten it up nicely but without flexing too much, keep those muscles for riding. The tire or tube will create a pressure that will stop useless crank spinning. Super Duper !

photo

Mod 3: Cut flanges

I simply cut my flanges for catching barspins and tucks because I just got tired of catching my flanges. Gives cleaner look? Not a big mod but something to think about, you can also use extra flange for ''Mod 2''.

photo

Feel free to post your mods or ideas to improve my mods.
Thanks and enjoy!

Posted: Oct 7, 2008 at 19:59 Quote
nice dude. you could add stripping your seat and drilling holes in it. and maybe a guide for painting your bike.

Posted: Oct 8, 2008 at 4:33 Quote
That seat post is mental man Eek

Posted: Oct 11, 2008 at 14:06 Quote
Slammed seats are taken too far when your seat is LOWER than your rear tire.

Posted: Oct 11, 2008 at 14:14 Quote
lettusdude wrote:

Yeah, says who, you?. Who are you to tell people how they can ride there bike? If he likes his seat slammed as hell, their's no problem with that. It's all personal preference.

Posted: Oct 11, 2008 at 15:20 Quote
Add a disclaimer that says that cutting the seatpost will void your warranty and if your frame breaks you're pretty much boned.

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 at 15:25 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
Poeple take it way to far when they bitch about other peoples bikes...

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 at 15:27 Quote
a good one its to drill like 4 holes in the grip area (it really helps your grips stay super sticky to)

Posted: Oct 11, 2008 at 17:33 Quote
statler wrote:
Add a disclaimer that says that cutting the seatpost will void your warranty and if your frame breaks you're pretty much boned.

Exactly my point. I have no problem with the way people ride their bikes. Trends come and go. BMX will just recycle eventually and what's popular now will be stupid, and what's stupid now will be popular. But when you take a hack saw and cut your frame near the welds, you've gone too far in my opinion.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 at 17:42 Quote
lettusdude wrote:

Exactly my point. I have no problem with the way people ride their bikes. Trends come and go. BMX will just recycle eventually and what's popular now will be stupid, and what's stupid now will be popular.

Rule number one of any action sport.

Posted: Oct 11, 2008 at 18:15 Quote
omg you are a bmx mod god!! i have never thought of the anti crank spinning mod before. I have heard of pro`s having some sort of mod that keeps their cranks from rotating when unwanted, and this must be the one. Thank you very much for posting this.

Posted: Oct 12, 2008 at 17:01 Quote
victorp wrote:
omg you are a bmx mod god!! i have never thought of the anti crank spinning mod before. I have heard of pro`s having some sort of mod that keeps their cranks from rotating when unwanted, and this must be the one. Thank you very much for posting this.

or u could just keep your chain a bit tighter, seems like that would make pedaling harder which is fuggin retarded

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 at 14:56 Quote
if you have a transparent backed sticker that you want to put on your bike, but want it to look friggin shweet, then get some aluminum ducting tape, and carefully place the sticker on the tape. if there is a wrinkle in the aluminum tape, then just rub it on a corner, like a wrinkled dollar before you put it in a vending machine. cut out the sticker VERY CAREFULLY . the edges of the sticker are quite hard to see on the reflective surface. then put it on your bike. you might have some trouble with the sticker's new aluminum backing not wanting to stay bent, but if you put a bit of clear packing tape over it and leave it there for a week or two, it should be just fine. you could also use this to give any sticker a chrome edge. and its great for those of us with a black bike. the stickers that were once invisible, are now obvious. go wild with it!

I'll post pics, if you are interested in seeing what the finished product looks like.

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 at 17:47 Quote
kronsmoke wrote:
or u could just keep your chain a bit tighter, seems like that would make pedaling harder which is fuggin retarded

It's better to do this mod. This is better than running a super tight chain which will put a lot of stress on your driver bearings, and this is also better than running no tube spacer which will cause premature bearing wear.

Posted: Oct 25, 2009 at 22:16 Quote
Tribikefarce wrote:
if you have a transparent backed sticker that you want to put on your bike, but want it to look friggin shweet, then get some aluminum ducting tape, and carefully place the sticker on the tape. if there is a wrinkle in the aluminum tape, then just rub it on a corner, like a wrinkled dollar before you put it in a vending machine. cut out the sticker VERY CAREFULLY . the edges of the sticker are quite hard to see on the reflective surface. then put it on your bike. you might have some trouble with the sticker's new aluminum backing not wanting to stay bent, but if you put a bit of clear packing tape over it and leave it there for a week or two, it should be just fine. you could also use this to give any sticker a chrome edge. and its great for those of us with a black bike. the stickers that were once invisible, are now obvious. go wild with it!

I'll post pics, if you are interested in seeing what the finished product looks like.

POST PICS!!!!!!!! im bringing this thread BACKKK

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016496
Mobile Version of Website