BMX Mods

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
BMX Mods
Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 13:23 Quote
luke2214 wrote:
Wire brush is effective, and you could use a dual action sander to remove any deep scratches. Then go through the grits to polish them up.
this

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 14:46 Quote
Haha, anyways, any new mods out there Smile

Posted: Apr 22, 2013 at 3:57 Quote
Pretty easy one , grind plate for pedals , made one for my premium slims , saves wearing down my pedals on luc-e's , need to make one for my new pedals asap

Posted: Apr 22, 2013 at 13:18 Quote
What did you use for the plate? Gets pics too.

Posted: Apr 22, 2013 at 23:54 Quote
Just thin 3mm steel , bent around a bit at the front , and tapped some threads in at the back , I don't have any pics of the last one I don't think , but I'll get pics when I make my new one .

also , anyone fairly local to Wakefield /leeds/ Bradford/sheffield got access to a lathe ? And able to make me a hub guard ?

Posted: Apr 23, 2013 at 8:48 Quote
my forks came with only half the thread intact, i was too lazy to send them back so i put my top cap on with a hammer, thats a mod right? aha

Posted: Apr 23, 2013 at 9:08 Quote
Ginoridesbikes wrote:
my forks came with only half the thread intact, i was too lazy to send them back so i put my top cap on with a hammer, thats a mod right? aha
Haha dude send it back. At least you should get some trade stickers and crap.

Posted: Apr 23, 2013 at 22:00 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
Ginoridesbikes wrote:
Haha dude send it back. At least you should get some trade stickers and crap.
i would only have been able to send it back iv i had not tried using it. im too impatient haha
not really bothered anyway they still work il just buy new ones when i need them. theres nothing wrong with them as they are stuck solid on my bike . one less thing to worry about haha

Posted: Apr 24, 2013 at 4:52 Quote
Ahhhh good point you impatient basterd lol

Posted: Apr 24, 2013 at 4:54 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
haha only bad thing is my headsets starting to die pretty bad its like 2 years old. i cant get forks off Big Grin
i will cut them up when needed haha

Posted: Apr 24, 2013 at 6:59 Quote
It's just a waste of money though :/

Posted: Apr 24, 2013 at 8:23 Quote
al9595 wrote:
It's just a waste of money though :/
ive got money. + by the time i can ride properly again the headset would have died. no loss really apart from the fact ive only used the forks for a week haha, was a year ago though

Posted: Apr 24, 2013 at 8:45 Quote
Ginoridesbikes wrote:
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
haha only bad thing is my headsets starting to die pretty bad its like 2 years old. i cant get forks off Big Grin
i will cut them up when needed haha
mans gotta do what a mans gotta do

Posted: May 24, 2013 at 0:38 Quote
s amp m btm new build

my s&m btm , mostly new parts since most of the bits off my old build was trashed .

hubguard iv made for my federal v3 only a quick version more refined model to come soon comments advice criticism appreciated .

the hubguard i made for my federal v3 , making a newer improved version this next weekend

sorry for the crappy phone pics .

specs on request . most of its pretty visible from the pics .

modded / homemade parts are ; grindplate on RH pedal . Marmoset hubguard . Federal v3 freecoaster hubguard . Prototype low stack dustcover .

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014721
Mobile Version of Website