BMX Mods

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
BMX Mods
Posted: Sep 26, 2013 at 5:34 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Theres a gap and tape that will compress reating a point that will act as a pivot. You will hurt yourself and your "Mod" could get your ass sued when some kid does the same. I am suggesting you listen to me... Also expect force diagrams in a few hours.

There is no gap...
How can you claim that I will hurt myself? Can you see the future? No one will sue me over a mod on the internet. I haven't forced them to do it, they've done it by choice. Even if they tried to sue me they wouldn't win.

How can you create a force diagram when you don't have access to the extenders?

Posted: Sep 26, 2013 at 6:00 Quote
tearjerker wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Theres a gap and tape that will compress reating a point that will act as a pivot. You will hurt yourself and your "Mod" could get your ass sued when some kid does the same. I am suggesting you listen to me... Also expect force diagrams in a few hours.

There is no gap...
How can you claim that I will hurt myself? Can you see the future? No one will sue me over a mod on the internet. I haven't forced them to do it, they've done it by choice. Even if they tried to sue me they wouldn't win.

How can you create a force diagram when you don't have access to the extenders?

Unless they are secured in multiple places by something with zero flex there will be a point of pivot you will cause downward flex which will cause a stress and failure point directly on the out board side of your tape.

People have been sued for less over the internet.. You have no disclaimer and are therefore taking all liability if anyone is to get hurt from your "mod"

Posted: Sep 26, 2013 at 6:05 Quote
My latest mod is to replace you axle juts with zip ties to save weight Wink

Do not sue me when you get hurt please

Posted: Sep 26, 2013 at 6:11 Quote
griff369 wrote:

^ Disclaimer you're legally protected...

I don't care how stupid your mod's are as long as you arent relying on low grad steel and the compressive strength of electrical tape..

Posted: Sep 26, 2013 at 7:35 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
griff369 wrote:

I don't care how stupid your mod's are as long as you arent relying on low grad steel and the compressive strength of electrical tape..
Exactly. Use duct tape instead.

Posted: Sep 26, 2013 at 7:52 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
griff369 wrote:

youre being a piss off man he likes his mod you dont shut up and deal with it its jus an idea

Posted: Sep 26, 2013 at 8:22 Quote
aTrying to keep him from losing all of his teeth.

Posted: Sep 26, 2013 at 10:47 Quote
tearjerker wrote:
I'm going to teach you how to make bar extenders!

Things you will need;
Hammer
File
Hacksaw
Tape Measure
Steel Bar
Marker Pen
Tape, I'm using electrical tape.

Step 1:
Take your steel bar and push in into your

existing bar until it stops, then mark the steel bar.
photo

Step 2:
Wrap some tape around the steel bar where you have marked it. Just enough to make the steel bar fit snug into your existing bar, this makes sure that the steel bar will sit central. Make sure the you wrap the tape on the lower side of the mark so it will sit inside your bar.
photo

Step 3:
Hammer the steel bar into your existing bar until it's firmly in place.

Step 4:
Mark out how much extension you require. I've extended mine by 2 inches on each side. Then proceed to cut the excess off.

Step 5:
Wrap the extended steel bar in tape until it matches the diameter of your existing bar.
photo

Step 6:
Put your grip back on and repeat the process for the other side!
photo

Feedback is welcome. I'll update in a few weeks/months to review the extenders but I imagine they will be fine!

Thanks,
Alex.
By the time you have done all this you could have worked a few hours and bought some bigger bars that will last. Cool idea but f*ck that

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009667
Mobile Version of Website