Best freeride bike to pedal

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Best freeride bike to pedal
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 3:23 Quote
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new bike. I'm thinking of doing a bit of freeriding so i want something that has at least 160mm of travel but i also want to be able to pedal and do some minor XC (20 or 30 km). Is there a bike out there that fits these conditions? I'm currently looking at the Lapierre Froggy range, as they don't seem to have a very agressive geometry. Are there more options that i should consider?

Thanks in advance for any answers

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 3:52 Quote
Looks pretty good to me! I'd stick with that.

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 8:39 Quote
Thanks man. Anyone else?

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 8:44 Quote
Check out a Santa Cruz Nomad. Built up, I have seen it take some pretty crazy FR stuff, and with the VPP it will climb really well. The Froggy looks cool, but the bike one level up from that, with the air shock, will pedal much better.

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 8:46 Quote
lol i was gonna suggest a froggy when b4 i read ur post... but anyway wat about a giant reign x maestro sus is pretty damn good for pedalling or a spesh sx trail u might need some will power to get that round an xc loop tho lol

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 9:12 Quote
How about a trek Remedy 9?
A bit on the expensive side but I have been riding one for nearly a month now and to be honest it has made my commuting ride ten notches more interesting.

Posted: Oct 9, 2008 at 10:19 Quote
Remedy's are expensive and i dislike having all these Bontrager parts, SX Trail is not sold where i live, Reign X kinda of ugly in my opinion, altough never heard anything bad about them. Nomads are cool but also way expensive... i could get the Froggy for less money.

Posted: Oct 11, 2008 at 2:05 Quote
What about the Marin Quake? I think it's a bit too much on the freeride side...

Posted: Oct 11, 2008 at 2:24 Quote
I ride a foes fxr and it climbs well but if you need something more fr you could go for a fly

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2008 at 10:02 Quote
zerin wrote:
What about the Marin Quake? I think it's a bit too much on the freeride side...

The Marin quake will out pedal all the bikes that have3 been listed so far. The only draw back is its also the heaviest. Just throw a Fox 36/ Rockshox Lyric on it and you are good to go.

Posted: Oct 11, 2008 at 10:06 Quote
i'm doing the same thing! Look at a reign xo if you can afford it, but if not, build up an x1, and it will get the job done!

Posted: Oct 11, 2008 at 10:13 Quote
a HT freeride bike would pedal well. I wanted to be able to pedal so I'm building up a transition vagrant with mz 55 160mm forks. It's shame sx's are not sold where you live they are meant to be the business.

Posted: Oct 11, 2008 at 11:17 Quote
Norcos are really sick, however they are not sold here either. I don't think a HT would handle my weight (i'm really fat tup )

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012545
Mobile Version of Website