Delamere Forest

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Delamere Forest
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 15:09 Quote
Anyone been Delamere recently?

Posted: Feb 7, 2016 at 8:34 Quote
I have , muddy , boggy , and a great ride .

Posted: Mar 9, 2016 at 5:30 Quote
Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me. In my master's thesis I am trying to find out which criteria are most important when choosing MTB holidays. What is your opinion on that? goo.gl/forms/Zzdav0l8Yi Thanks

Posted: Sep 12, 2016 at 7:11 Quote
Hi guys was at Delamere yesterday since 2011 WOW what a shock I had it was absolutely terrible there used to be a good few of us down there having a ball but now there is nothing what so ever I looked at the roadgap there had a little go of it and you have to hit it at an angle too make the lander no jumps what so ever no trails that you can ride out and have a good flow. Was wondering if anyone was up for a build if I speak to the forestry and get it organised. ??? Worth a try

Posted: Sep 13, 2016 at 3:53 Quote
said this before will say it again, don't talk to the forestry is a waste of time. they will either say no or they will say yes then take what you build down anyway.

just build what you want as safe and sturdy as you can don't leave massive dig pits next to the trail (safety yo!) . If you're going to build there expect it to be taken down just enjoy it while it lasts and get good at building quickly.

have fun!

P.s if your going to build anything hidden away don't post it on here as the FC monitor this Smile

Posted: Oct 9, 2016 at 17:14 Quote
dirtyjumps123 wrote:
Hi guys was at Delamere yesterday since 2011 WOW what a shock I had it was absolutely terrible there used to be a good few of us down there having a ball but now there is nothing what so ever I looked at the roadgap there had a little go of it and you have to hit it at an angle too make the lander no jumps what so ever no trails that you can ride out and have a good flow. Was wondering if anyone was up for a build if I speak to the forestry and get it organised. ??? Worth a try

Yeah i could be down for a dig!

Posted: Oct 17, 2016 at 14:05 Quote
sw350p wrote:
dirtyjumps123 wrote:

Yeah i could be down for a dig!

Me too.

Posted: Oct 31, 2016 at 14:55 Quote
Me too. Need to find a hidden spot away from skills area. Anyone seen the trail sabotage up old pale recently. Seen a post on instagram today with metal spikes sticking out the ground about 2 feet high!

Posted: Oct 31, 2016 at 15:02 Quote
Pic of it in my profile

Posted: Nov 1, 2016 at 0:19 Quote
Kellster99 wrote:
Me too. Need to find a hidden spot away from skills area. Anyone seen the trail sabotage up old pale recently. Seen a post on instagram today with metal spikes sticking out the ground about 2 feet high!

Seen that posted by twelve50 bikes on Facebook. Shocking isn't it! To be honest I tend to avoid Delamere and head out to places like Llandegla or Coed Y Brenin these days. Being dedicated trail centres you get consistent conditions and money/effort put into maintaining the trails. There's also less chance of death by spikes!

Posted: Nov 1, 2016 at 7:41 Quote
Paul7189 wrote:
Kellster99 wrote:

Seen that posted by twelve50 bikes on Facebook. Shocking isn't it! To be honest I tend to avoid Delamere and head out to places like Llandegla or Coed Y Brenin these days. Being dedicated trail centres you get consistent conditions and money/effort put into maintaining the trails. There's also less chance of death by spikes!

But even trail centres have their moments.

Check out Gloucestershire news of the guy on a demo 8 who was assaulted and bike taken whilst up on the trail.

Shocking !

Posted: Nov 1, 2016 at 14:53 Quote
Delamere is what you make of it just like any trail centre there are a lot of single track around Delamere some are maintained you just need to look ! If your looking for a good place to start a new trail try looking at King's wood on the far side past the old forest house it is a sloping Hill with lots possible lines and potential just a bit imagetion and a shovel .you guys should take look !. You don't get a lot of people over that way always thought it would a good spot ...

Posted: Nov 6, 2016 at 11:57 Quote
dirtyjumps123 wrote:

Posted: Nov 26, 2016 at 11:56 Quote
dam35 wrote:
Delamere is what you make of it just like any trail centre there are a lot of single track around Delamere some are maintained you just need to look ! If your looking for a good place to start a new trail try looking at King's wood on the far side past the old forest house it is a sloping Hill with lots possible lines and potential just a bit imagetion and a shovel .you guys should take look !. You don't get a lot of people over that way always thought it would a good spot ...
Where about? Ive circled the skills area

Posted: Nov 26, 2016 at 13:24 Quote
On the map where the skills area is if you look at the top left of the map at the tree line that is kings wood it's slopes left to right as you look at map there a few tracks in there but if you look around its got potential plus it's out of the way have look up there see what you think !...

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011465
Mobile Version of Website