PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
RST Space Forks Blow
Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 12:41 Quote
erik74 wrote:
onakos wrote:
erik74 wrote:

my 08 dj 2's say the same, only for 4x and dj'ing

So than why did statler say that?
maybe it isnt a dj fork. my friend had an mx something, it said that it was only for leisurly XC

I think this guy have/had DJ comp or something... Or it was somebody else? Big Grin Big Grin

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 12:55 Quote
It's all warranty/legal stuff. A lot of products designed for "stunts" will have manuals that tell you specifically not to use them for said "stunts".

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 13:04 Quote
merkel wrote:
It's all warranty/legal stuff. A lot of products designed for "stunts" will have manuals that tell you specifically not to use them for said "stunts".
ya, might be legal, so that if someone gets injured riding that frame or frok, or whatever on stunts and it says not to, they can say that they were warned....maybe, just maybe

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 14:45 Quote
merkel wrote:

I knew it's all about warranty, but... it's still pointless for me.

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
erik74 wrote:
merkel wrote:
ya, might be legal, so that if someone gets injured riding that frame or frok, or whatever on stunts and it says not to, they can say that they were warned....maybe, just maybe

And for example if the head tube breaks out and an american kid gets injured than the parents can't sue the company which made the frame. Luw America.

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
What will I get for my last sentence... OMG

Posted: Nov 14, 2008 at 15:15 Quote
onakos wrote:
Here's something: shut the f*ck up about "America" buddy. First off, I'm 99% sure that you're referring to the UNITED STATES. Second, I'd be willing to bet that you have no experience whatsoever living in the US or living with a community of their status/government. Thirdly, there is no sense to what you were saying. If you are saying that people are selfish and money-hungry in the US, and because of that they will sue a company if their kid gets injured, you are sadly mistaken. If you had any sense you would realize that your mentality has almost nothing to do with the country you live in, and that you'd be very surprised to see that people that live in the US aren't raging idiots that run around suing each other. In general, you might not find as many "friendly" or "generous" people in the US as another place, but that does not by any stretch mean that every person that lives there is a selfish, moronic a*shole. I don't live in the US, but I did from the ages of 7 to 11, living in two different regions of the country (Virginia and Texas) and let me tell you first hand that when you are just as safe community-wise there as any other country IF not safer. Don't judge people based on a superficial opinion that has been fed to you by movies, the media, and morons like yourself. What you said was f*cking discrimination, and for the record: 1 - Discrimination has nothing to do with black people, and saying what YOU just said IS f*cking discrimination. 2 - I was not born in the US, I was born in Canada, and throughout my life I have lived in Canada, the USA, and Singapore, visiting MANY different places along the way and I can safely say that the community in the US is just as friendly as any other. 3 - Just because the leader/government of a country has made mistakes and been foolish in the past, DOES NOT MEAN that every person who resides there is a heartless a*shole.

f*ck you buddy, and learn some shit before you go throwing around your "opinion".

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 2:46 Quote
merkel wrote:
Here's something: shut the f*ck up about "America" buddy. First off, I'm 99% sure that you're referring to the UNITED STATES. Second, I'd be willing to bet that you have no experience whatsoever living in the US or living with a community of their status/government. Thirdly, there is no sense to what you were saying. If you are saying that people are selfish and money-hungry in the US, and because of that they will sue a company if their kid gets injured, you are sadly mistaken. If you had any sense you would realize that your mentality has almost nothing to do with the country you live in, and that you'd be very surprised to see that people that live in the US aren't raging idiots that run around suing each other. In general, you might not find as many "friendly" or "generous" people in the US as another place, but that does not by any stretch mean that every person that lives there is a selfish, moronic a*shole. I don't live in the US, but I did from the ages of 7 to 11, living in two different regions of the country (Virginia and Texas) and let me tell you first hand that when you are just as safe community-wise there as any other country IF not safer. Don't judge people based on a superficial opinion that has been fed to you by movies, the media, and morons like yourself. What you said was f*cking discrimination, and for the record: 1 - Discrimination has nothing to do with black people, and saying what YOU just said IS f*cking discrimination. 2 - I was not born in the US, I was born in Canada, and throughout my life I have lived in Canada, the USA, and Singapore, visiting MANY different places along the way and I can safely say that the community in the US is just as friendly as any other. 3 - Just because the leader/government of a country has made mistakes and been foolish in the past, DOES NOT MEAN that every person who resides there is a heartless a*shole.

f*ck you buddy, and learn some shit before you go throwing around your "opinion".

Going holocaust on his ass. Eek

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 4:23 Quote
merkel wrote:
onakos wrote:

It was about the US. I know people who came here from there. My opinion is not superficial. Were makin jokes sometimes abaut things that's happening there. For example the teacher said something for one of us (which could be offensive) and in the US the next day could start with a messacre. My opinion doesn't depends on movies and whatever you said. I din't say that people there are selfish and money hungry, just that they could make legal cases abaut things like these. And there are selfish and money hungry people ewerywhere. But Who the f*ck started to talk abaut them? I didn't...
Why do I hear only about huge reconpenses in the US? (In indiot cases.)

I am discriminative. (Not in front of every races and counties. In front of those were gave me or us reasons to discriminate/hate them.)I have many f*cking reasons to be it. I am it, but I didn't say this because im that.

I just said my opinion. Don't discriminate me because my opinion pleeeeeeese. I see you are a kind of liberal mind... I dont't give a shit about that you made a big national, moral question abaut this. And I didn't say that americans are retarded dicks, or whatever you read from my sentences. just that "I luw America" I know American people and theyre so friendly and nice.(one of them is virginian, so he was in the same milieu as you.) I don't have any problems with the most of people there. The rest of the problems of mine are with that order. I know somebody who lives from a cover. A car hit him and he pretended that he injured hardly. And now he lives from the money he gets from the insurant every month. (of course... he cant work normally after that...) For example this mentality is kinda strange for me.

And we were talkin abaut those labels on the forks. Thats why they put them on there. And please don't continue this shit! I don't have energy and fancy to do this.
Calm down guys. I didn't want to hurt your feelings. As I said: I don't have any problem with the rest of the people there. Got it? I hope...

PS. Don't tell my what to do!

Posted: Nov 15, 2008 at 4:26 Quote
JokerMachine wrote:
merkel wrote:

Going holocaust on his ass. Eek

I hope this was an unthoughtful joke (or sarcasm).

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 21:46 Quote
onakos wrote:
statler wrote:
yeti420 wrote:
I just looked at my fork and there is a label on the back that says: Not intended for Downhill, Freeride, Dirt Jumping, or Stunt Biking. It kind of makes me angry that a company would put this fork on a dirt jump bike, but then again that's what I get for buying the lower model bike.

Marzocchi does the same exact thing.

No, they don't. My '07 DJ 3's label says: "USE ONLY FOR: -4X ,-DIRT JUMPER" (But I don't know what's with those which were made in 08. They could wrote that to the new ones.)
they would warranty my z1 freeride because jumps cant be done with a freeride fork

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 21:49 Quote
well, i really would not complain if an rst blew on me, what do you expect from rst? they make low end cheap forks for beginners, not forks meant for more extreme riding, let alone jumping more than 2 feet

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 23:10 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
well, i really would not complain if an rst blew on me, what do you expect from rst? they make low end cheap forks for beginners, not forks meant for more extreme riding, let alone jumping more than 2 feet

LOL I did a 8 foot long, 6 foot high gap over a handrail on my friends bike with an RST Launch a good 10 to 15 times, the fork didn't even squeak! And I have done more 7 and 8 step to flats on it than I care to count...

As long as you're not a hack, and don't weigh 200+ lbs, an RST will work as well as a better fork.

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 at 23:36 Quote
I have one of those marz forks that have the label "for 4x and dirt jumping ONLY" So what if i was just riding along the trail and it snaps? wat then? If i say "i was just riding along" are they gonna go "Do you mean trail riding? I'm sorry but this fork's warranty specifically does not cover trail riding. If you are not either dirt jumping or 4x-ing it, we can't cover it." Confused

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 at 0:00 Quote
lafalot wrote:
I have one of those marz forks that have the label "for 4x and dirt jumping ONLY" So what if i was just riding along the trail and it snaps? wat then? If i say "i was just riding along" are they gonna go "Do you mean trail riding? I'm sorry but this fork's warranty specifically does not cover trail riding. If you are not either dirt jumping or 4x-ing it, we can't cover it." Confused
if you bother to read the warning on the fork it usually says "do not use for freeride, downhill".etc

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012713
Mobile Version of Website