Bike Check: 2008 SX Trail II

PB Forum :: Specialized
Bike Check: 2008 SX Trail II
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 13:00 Quote
XxbrennanxX wrote:
bullcrew wrote:
Polished and addd I9s as well as a couple other goddies.
I think its finally done

I am in love with your bike, just sayin
lol oodley enough i find myself wanting to manhandle it on a regular basis.

Thanks Big Grin

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 13:20 Quote
bullcrew wrote:
XxbrennanxX wrote:
bullcrew wrote:
Polished and addd I9s as well as a couple other goddies.
I think its finally done

I am in love with your bike, just sayin
lol oodley enough i find myself wanting to manhandle it on a regular basis.

Thanks Big Grin

Did you just raw and clear coat it or is that actually chromed?

Posted: Jun 17, 2011 at 13:30 Quote
XxbrennanxX wrote:
bullcrew wrote:
XxbrennanxX wrote:


I am in love with your bike, just sayin
lol oodley enough i find myself wanting to manhandle it on a regular basis.

Thanks Big Grin

Did you just raw and clear coat it or is that actually chromed?
just stripped it hit it with 0000 steelwool then finished with mothers. Super simple to touch up a rag and mothers thats it. Just took a day solid to do it.

Posted: Jun 22, 2011 at 11:14 Quote
Hey guys, I'm buying another 2008 SX Trail on Friday I have been out of a bike for a year now. Lemme know what you think of this color scheme I am going for, yes I will actually buy all these parts as I have been saving for a new bike for quite some time. Cheers.
picking up the bike on Friday then its time to start buying the new parts for it D This is just a rough render

Posted: Jun 22, 2011 at 12:48 Quote
XxbrennanxX wrote:
Hey guys, I'm buying another 2008 SX Trail on Friday I have been out of a bike for a year now. Lemme know what you think of this color scheme I am going for, yes I will actually buy all these parts as I have been saving for a new bike for quite some time. Cheers.
picking up the bike on Friday then its time to start buying the new parts for it D This is just a rough render

looks good ought to perform amazing. Good specs.

Posted: Jun 22, 2011 at 12:50 Quote
bullcrew wrote:
XxbrennanxX wrote:
Hey guys, I'm buying another 2008 SX Trail on Friday I have been out of a bike for a year now. Lemme know what you think of this color scheme I am going for, yes I will actually buy all these parts as I have been saving for a new bike for quite some time. Cheers.
picking up the bike on Friday then its time to start buying the new parts for it D This is just a rough render

looks good ought to perform amazing. Good specs.

Yea I am hoping so! Big Grin gonna change up the drive train a bit I was just too lazy to photoshop that stuff in, I would like to hit close to 35lbs for weight.

Posted: Jun 25, 2011 at 13:07 Quote
bullcrew wrote:
Polished and addd I9s as well as a couple other goddies.
I think its finally done

is that a 180mm fox cause if so I believe you are doing it right

Posted: Jun 25, 2011 at 15:25 Quote
mwSLUGmtb wrote:
bullcrew wrote:
Polished and addd I9s as well as a couple other goddies.
I think its finally done

is that a 180mm fox cause if so I believe you are doing it right

yeah opted the fox 180 van rc kashima to handle the upfront duties. Glad id did and thanks i was pretty pleased with the handling. Fits that bike perfect.

Posted: Jul 5, 2011 at 2:13 Quote
This is my sx trail

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 at 23:10 Quote
Did a avalanche chubbie with hi lo adjuster and 450 ti spring and sell Italian CR saddle
SUPER SUPER PLUSH should be a solid mini dh bike now



Custom 9x2.75 avalanche chubbie on 08 sx trail. Bike is 34the lbs and plush total mini dh Hi lo speed comp as well as 450the ti spring
Custom 9x2.75 avalanche chubbie on 08 sx trail. Bike is 34the lbs and plush total mini dh Hi lo speed comp as well as 450the ti spring

Posted: Jul 30, 2011 at 20:21 Quote
bullcrew wrote:
Did a avalanche chubbie with hi lo adjuster and 450 ti spring and sell Italian CR saddle
SUPER SUPER PLUSH should be a solid mini dh bike now



Custom 9x2.75 avalanche chubbie on 08 sx trail. Bike is 34the lbs and plush total mini dh Hi lo speed comp as well as 450the ti spring
Custom 9x2.75 avalanche chubbie on 08 sx trail. Bike is 34the lbs and plush total mini dh Hi lo speed comp as well as 450the ti spring

SEXY! It just makes me laugh how small that piggy back is.

Posted: Dec 8, 2011 at 14:32 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.bike-forum.cz/upload/users_lib/17356/biky/big/1007558s.jpgWell if that matters, here's mine (ex :-( ), just for inspiraiton. I think the setup was pretty neat, 721 wheels on Hope hubs, Totem soloair, SLX brakes..used mostly for DH, the bike performed great. Sold the frame due to being it too large size though, waiting for smaller Status and tweaking the setup in the meanwhile :-)

Posted: Mar 25, 2012 at 3:15 Quote
Hey

this is my one :

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://fotos.mtb-news.de/f/cz/of/czofiapciaxc/large__1010237.jpg

I had to wait 5 month for the double barrel but it fit directly after getting out of the box. Cane Creek made the rear shock mounting point from Original diameter 15,85mm to 15mm that the axe of sx trail can get throw it.

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 21:30 Quote


Fox 36 rc2
Fox DHX 5.0
Avid juicy 3
32t raceface narrow wide w/ e13 lg1+ chain guide
x9 trigger, x0 rear derailleur
deity dirty 30 bars 760mm
mtx 33 rims
maxxis DHF 3c exo front tubeless, maxxis DHF 60a exo rear tubeless
wtb volt saddle
thompson elite seatpost
lizard skin lock on grips
deity decoy pedals

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.048122
Mobile Version of Website