Need help choosing a bike

PB Forum :: Downhill
Need help choosing a bike
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 15:22 Quote
nishnash wrote:
Thats kewl, he looks really good. I just don't see how he is getting all of the travel, I gues he could throw on an airshock....
yea he doesnt get all of it he probaly uses 6 or 7 i say he should get a Reign but he hucks preety big

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 15:58 Quote
Ok, a glory would be a great option, the only thing is the geo won't be ideal for DH as it is a single crown fork. In this situation it comes down to geometry in my mind, because the glory and atomik have a similar spec and price.

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 16:01 Quote
yea but if its hid first year i would get a medium or large glory 1

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
Fair enough, it will actually put you in a better position for tech courses, and save about a pound of weight over a 888.

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 16:09 Quote
nishnash wrote:
Fair enough, it will actually put you in a better position for tech courses, and save about a pound of weight over a 888.
i say a medium if your done growing if not large cuz for dh you dont want a bike that is to big

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 17:10 Quote
Would a FR bike work for DH tho? I intend to make an attempt to race in the O cup next year. So I'm trying to get a bike for a price that isn't going to make my shitty financial situation any worse, but can still race.

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 17:12 Quote
Yup, it is a DH bike, with altered geo and tougher components, it is definitely an option, it all comes down to geo and course type now....

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 17:25 Quote
the single crown forks can put up to the bashing of dh racing?

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 17:44 Quote
yeah tyler morland rode the some of the 08 season on a totem. but i wud look into a demo 7. really good for freeride and u can race it. or maybe a comencal but idk how much those are new

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 18:44 Quote
glory is cheap and is great i think i think you would be smart going with that how much money can you spend?

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 19:07 Quote
Guess im down to a glory and a atomik. LBS has'm both. Thanks for all the help.

Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 19:09 Quote
wonder-kid wrote:
Guess im down to a glory and a atomik. LBS has'm both. Thanks for all the help.
yea no problem go with the glory you just have that much more movment with the single crown then you can get into x-ups and shit but still dh

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
nishnash wrote:
yup they can.
yeah they will i raced with a stock sx trail this year and it worked fine just need your fork set up right
and with the peopl i ride with me and my friend both have single crowns and still huck the biggest

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014258
Mobile Version of Website