manuals

PB Forum :: Beginners
manuals
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 19:51 Quote
hi im having trubles manualing on my 07 kona stuff i can manual on my friend 07 norco bigfoot but i can only even pull up like 3 inches on my bike

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 19:52 Quote
Maybe your fork is too soft in the front...or your seat is too high??

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 19:53 Quote
i can also manual on my friends 07 kona shred and my fork is on its tighest setting but its still pretty loose

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 19:57 Quote
is it the stock fork
cuz if it is
thats the problem. but hmm i agree with energy star check the height of the seat.
its either that or you just need to practise a lot

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 20:00 Quote
Over-exaggerate the manual. Push the bike out from underneath you, from here you will have a better idea of the balance point...just don't forget to put your feet down.

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 20:01 Quote
i have a 06 devinci kicker and i cant manuel on it because the forks are to soft

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 20:01 Quote
i have the stock fork my whole bike is stock i just got it and my seat is 1 cm from the top of the seat tube just look on my profile my seat is as low as in the picture as i ride it

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 20:07 Quote
try pulling back harder, and pump your legs for balance. i ride an sx trail and a p2 and i can manual for ever and i dont use my brake... soo iunno how much of a help i am. manualing is fairly easy just takes time to balance and go longer fork softness has never effected me

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 20:08 Quote
do you have rebound adjustment
if you do turn it to the max rebound it will make it easier to manual

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 20:10 Quote
when u say max do u mean so it comes up faster or slower i just have the dial on the bottom of fork but it dosent say witch way is witch

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 20:21 Quote
k then my fork was already set to thatand i sstill couldnt do it

Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 20:23 Quote
then i dont know
i guess just keep praticing

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 at 20:29 Quote
ii don't find that the softness of the suspension makes a difference, i rode a devinci Johnson with a medium frame and i could manual so good in it, but when i went back to my Kona stink (large) i couldn't do shit. I think its the geo of the frame or the size of the frame.

Posted: Oct 28, 2007 at 10:01 Quote
shreder123 wrote:
ii don't find that the softness of the suspension makes a difference, i rode a devinci Johnson with a medium frame and i could manual so good in it, but when i went back to my Kona stink (large) i couldn't do shit. I think its the geo of the frame or the size of the frame.

ya its the geometry
what size is your bike and your friends bike

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009295
Mobile Version of Website