need help to manual

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
need help to manual
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 10:51 Quote
i've found that feathering the brake is a really bad habit to do... i started to rely on it and it just slows you down. keep your fingers wrapped around your bars and shift your weight around on the bike. when you get good at it you won't have to "hump" the bike so obviously. i only use the brake now as a last resort, if i overcompensated backwards and i'm about to fall off the bike.

Posted: Apr 15, 2008 at 14:53 Quote
thanks for all the help

O+
Posted: Apr 15, 2008 at 16:55 Quote
oh ya ive never been able to manual on my bike but yesterday i tried a smaller bike (like a bmx) and i did it so maybe practice on a smaller rig

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 16:22 Quote
I am currently practicing manuals. I just got one, but I had to put my feet down, because I went too high. I try to put a finger on the brakes, before lifting, put I cant lift, because I have less pull, using one less fingure. Please help me guys. Give a brother some tips. Thanks.

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 4:49 Quote
^^^ thats excatly the same problem i have if i keep afinger on my brkaae as soon as i pull up i pull my brake to im on holidays so when i get back ill try againtup

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 5:00 Quote
i have the same problem, i cant keep manuals going unless i go up a tabletop and pull back hard. i try pumping my legs, should i only do it when the front is about to come down, or on the pull up?

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 5:00 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
i have the same problem, i cant keep manuals going unless i go up a tabletop and pull back hard. i try pumping my legs, should i only do it when the front is about to come down, or on the pull up?
Both

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 5:03 Quote
webber123 wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
Both
do high rise bars help? ill probably practice manuals before, so i dont "cheat" but would it make my bike easier to manual, because i can flip off the back on my friends P-2, but on my norco ryde i struggle

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 8:24 Quote
norcorulz wrote:
webber123 wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
Both
do high rise bars help? ill probably practice manuals before, so i dont "cheat" but would it make my bike easier to manual, because i can flip off the back on my friends P-2, but on my norco ryde i struggle

It might be a long stem that's killing you. I've heard that the longer the stem, the harder it is.

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 8:49 Quote
for me strength was an issue, cause in the fall i couldnt j-hop up the curb ( i was also less than 100) during the winter, i had gym in school, and i did push ups and sit ups, and added cream to my eggs wich i ate almost everyday Smile this spring i got ,bigger weight/height wise. now i can manual my bike, but i need to work on my form. they say i do it wack. also, for me, i can get my balance point most times, and i can do really long manuals, but they say i am doing it wrong and keep yelling at me, and when i ask him to take me a video/ show me, he overexagerates and wont take a video. i will get a video somehow and then post it because i need help?

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 18:33 Quote
Hombre3000 wrote:
norcorulz wrote:
webber123 wrote:

Both

It might be a long stem that's killing you. I've heard that the longer the stem, the harder it is.
i have a 40mm stem. might be a 50mm but doubt it, havnt seen one thats shorter

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 19:09 Quote
tater wrote:
so what you are saying is when you get the front wheel off push it out from you

yes, and when ur done pushing u pul it back and just repeat the motion

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 21:48 Quote
Its not a thing you can learn from the internet. Just try it til you know what it feels like even if you have to jump off for the first little while. And seriously the size of your bike doesnt matter. I have a 45 pound downhill rig and I dont have to lean back very hard at all. And look at Steve Romaniuk on his fully manualing down trails and shit.

Posted: Dec 12, 2012 at 19:51 Quote
i got a problem going left like i have no problem pumpin pulling none of that i jus cant seem to get the bike goin staright without losin the manual

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.023770
Mobile Version of Website