My Dj3s have gone rigid!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
My Dj3s have gone rigid!
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 at 19:58 Quote
this happened to my friend too. they completely froze and wouldnt move. my advice is to get the fork rebuilt with upgraded compression and oil cartridges

Posted: Oct 18, 2008 at 19:58 Quote
samnation wrote:
william4269 wrote:
well i would say its the seals because my fork does the same thing but when its cold outside.

The seals have nothing to do with that. Stiffness in the cold is because the viscosity of the oil changes.

yes they do because rubber contracts when cold.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 18, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
william4269 wrote:
samnation wrote:
william4269 wrote:
well i would say its the seals because my fork does the same thing but when its cold outside.

The seals have nothing to do with that. Stiffness in the cold is because the viscosity of the oil changes.

yes they do because rubber contracts when cold.

Yes but they will not become so tight they stop the stantions from moving.

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 2:48 Quote
yeah mine seized up while riding. my wrists are killing today

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 3:11 Quote
the problem with riding in the 'winter' season is the forks are affected the most, as they have oil, rubber, metal and other stuff and when its cold they react, and if they are air (im assuming) the air can act like an ice cube and physically lock the forks screwing the internals over.

i would go back to the shop where you got the bike from and explain whats happened and they should sort it out

good luck with resolving the problem

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 8:22 Quote
hello

my dj2 and 55 2008 did the same.
it the fork cart the only think to
do is warranty .

at norco they have open it and unsealed the cart
to transform it in a open bath like the old generation

if you need more info pm me

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 8:25 Quote
best bet's to throw it out and buy a new fork

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 9:26 Quote
mine do that too, they only like 1 week old, at the start of the day when i get it out of garage they super bouncy but as the day goes on and it gets cold they end up almost fully rigid, hopefully in the summer they will be better tho

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 9:28 Quote
wut year is the fork
if its an 08 or 09 it was bound to break sometime switch to rockshox before it become a big problem

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 9:30 Quote
kickasskonakid101 wrote:
wut year is the fork
if its an 08 or 09 it was bound to break sometime switch to rockshox before it become a big problem
08, i want to get argyles but its a cost problem as im only 15 and its alot of money for a 15 year old to get, i have a saturday job but it still wud take long to save up..

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 16:11 Quote
in the cold mine go hard and in the warm they go soft, they also top out very bad? any one got any advise on what i should do? thanks in advance

Posted: Dec 15, 2009 at 23:53 Quote
My rockshox did that but that was because i let someone ride my bike and they dicked with the lockout, knowing this and that the DJ3s dont have this option, and since it wasn't that cold out i'm guessing it has something to do with the compression circuit.
Best bet is to take it to the shop where you got ur bike, HONESTLY explain what happened and see what they can do, dont try to mess with it your self seeing as how the shop will not be nearly as likely to
A)help you out due to liabilty
B)and if they do help and do the service its gonna cost an arm and a leg where as they may have been more apt to help cheaper or free for fork failure.
Guys at my local bike shop pretty much stopped selling Marzocchi forks other than the 888 and other high travel forks due to the DJ1,2,3's all having similar problems constantly.

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 0:03 Quote
My dj1s did this I had a faulty rebound cartridge. take it back to the shop and get them to check it.

Posted: Dec 16, 2009 at 2:12 Quote
mxmitch wrote:
My dj1s did this I had a faulty rebound cartridge. take it back to the shop and get them to check it.
dj3s dont have rebound, id suggest asking them for 2009 internals, thats what they gave me for my dj1 seizing, off warranty and it should be problem solved. im surprised since the dj3 internals are very simple

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013479
Mobile Version of Website