Dirt Jumps In Dorset? Anyone Know?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jumps In Dorset? Anyone Know?
Posted: Nov 2, 2011 at 12:47 Quote
if anyone can give me GPS for these previously mentioned places, id be well happy:

Canyons on Upton Heath in Poole
Canford Heath Bomb hole
SMD's in Colehill - Wimborne
Watchmoor Woods bike park in Moors Valley
Puddle Town woods
Two rivers meet christchurch

Posted: Nov 2, 2011 at 14:48 Quote
gnarcotic wrote:
if anyone can give me GPS for these previously mentioned places, id be well happy:

Canyons on Upton Heath in Poole
Canford Heath Bomb hole
SMD's in Colehill - Wimborne
Watchmoor Woods bike park in Moors Valley
Puddle Town woods
Two rivers meet christchurch

Copy and Paste these numbers into google maps and it should come up with them.

Canyons: 50.747644,-2.018505
Bombhole: 50.768643,-1.95469
SMD's: 50.810789,-1.968917
Watchmoor: 50.850662,-1.840603 (I'm not quite sure where abouts the bike park is but it is somewhere around here)
Puddle Town: 50.739497,-2.37874 (Again I'm not quite sure but is around here)
Two rivers: 50.733413,-1.766292

Hope this helps Smile

Posted: Nov 3, 2011 at 1:28 Quote
Shredder-boy wrote:
Hope this helps Smile

Yeah it does thanks mate!

Posted: Nov 3, 2011 at 7:04 Quote
gnarcotic wrote:
Shredder-boy wrote:
Hope this helps Smile

Yeah it does thanks mate!

There are also the hollow dirt jumps in yeovil, wyke jumps in weymouth (not great)

Posted: Nov 3, 2011 at 7:07 Quote
Dosedmonkey wrote:
The following link is the exact spot, cycle from Grafton Avenue across the field to it.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?daddr=50.626135,-2.484198&hl=en&sll=50.626353,-2.484841&sspn=0.016062,0.052142&mra=mift&mrsp=1&sz=15&t=h&z=15

It also has a pump track. Smile

Yeah I ride alot, we are building this winter starting sunday hopefully to build a new pump track and bermy section, give me a message if your interestedSalute

Mod Plus
Posted: Nov 3, 2011 at 7:37 Quote
Always worth checking out moredirt.co.uk and using their trail finder. Also use the friend finder on PB and find riders/spots in the area that way. Just remember, if it's a secret/private trail and they don't want visitors, respect their wishes (or offer them cake as a bribe).

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 10:59 Quote
The one outside my house Confused

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 11:20 Quote
Potterne Park in Verwood has some sick new dirt jumps.

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 12:24 Quote
There's some just around the corner from me in Parkstone. Haskell's rec bmx park, small council approved set. No one's ridden them in a while, so they need a bit of work.
I'm going to try and get hold of the council to see if they'll cut the grass back, and see what can be done changes wise down there.

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 12:50 Quote
Stoatie wrote:
There's some just around the corner from me in Parkstone. Haskell's rec bmx park, small council approved set. No one's ridden them in a while, so they need a bit of work.
I'm going to try and get hold of the council to see if they'll cut the grass back, and see what can be done changes wise down there.
Will have to check them out somewhen. How big are the jumps?

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 14:39 Quote
My Grandparents live between Poole and Bournemouth in the sort of Sandbanks/Canford Cliffs area. I'm always looking for somewhere to ride when I'm up there.

Although slightly irrelevant, the street at Poole Quay is pretty good.

Posted: Jun 26, 2012 at 15:40 Quote
Shredder-boy wrote:
Stoatie wrote:

There's 3 main lines 4ft 6ft and and 8ft one I think plus what looks like a small practice tabletop. They're quite short though, more bmx orientated, but hopefully be able to do what I want there.

50.73515,-1.948298 stick that in google maps for the location.

I'll try and get a few photo's tomorrow.

Posted: Jun 28, 2012 at 3:49 Quote
Stoatie wrote:
Shredder-boy wrote:
Stoatie wrote:

There's 3 main lines 4ft 6ft and and 8ft one I think plus what looks like a small practice tabletop. They're quite short though, more bmx orientated, but hopefully be able to do what I want there.

50.73515,-1.948298 stick that in google maps for the location.

I'll try and get a few photo's tomorrow.

I had a look at these yesterday as I was passing that way. Your right about it being overgrown! I think the place need to be stripped back and rebuilt. The doubles look good but are unridable in their current condition. I guess nobody really rides there any more? There is a sign saying that it is maintained by the council but they don't seem to be doing a very good job - might send them an email.

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 at 9:42 Quote
I've just sent this to email to Poole council hopefully I'll get a reply soon.

Hi, I'm writing concerning maintenance at Haskell's Rec BMX park. It doesn't appear as anyone has really used this site for a while, the grass is taller than the jumps. And the jumps are in quite a state of disrepair, a few of us from the Pinkbike mountain bike forum would like to know whether there is any planned maintenance for here and whether we can rebuild or modify the existing jumps. Also what can and can't be done at the site.

Posted: Jul 3, 2012 at 10:49 Quote
Cool, hope you get a reply.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016943
Mobile Version of Website